Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

I'll report you for standing up.....

There I was last night in my seat, two males arrive (looked like father and son) and were making their way to their seats when  a guy sitting near me started to hurl some abuse at the younger lad and was saying he would report him if he didn''t stop jumping up and down during the match ( I presume he was referring to previous matches as last nights hadn''t started and this lad had only just arrived)Now, the guy who was hurling the abuse sits on my row and the other two are 2 rows in front and about 5 seats to his left.   I haven''t noticed him continually getting the in the way and standing for long periods of the game.  I probably havent noticed because he is standing at the same time as me and everyone else (i..e something exciting is happening or we are on the attack)Surely if he did actually go through with his threat of reporting him the stewards or the club officials would tell him do grow up and get on with it, or go and sit on the front row if you don''t like people standing.Some people just love to moan I guess.   If you are reading this and you know that is you, then Sir, you are a first class idiot.

[quote user="Duffman"]If you are reading this and you know that is you, then Sir, you are a first class idiot.[/quote]Why didn''t you tell him that last night? Duh! [:^)]

Perhaps it is easier to sit behind a keyboard and highlight thigns that perhaps better said face to face...?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]What stand is this in?  You should pipe up next time Duffman.
[/quote]

Couldn''t have been the Barclay, We only use our seats pre match and half time anyway, by the time the stewards get to us to tell us to sit down, Someone, now I don''t know who it is but he always starts the if you hate the scum stand up, haven''t a scooby doo who it is

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]What stand is this in?  You should pipe up next time Duffman.[/quote]

Couldn''t have been the Barclay, We only use our seats pre match and half time anyway, by the time the stewards get to us to tell us to sit down, Someone, now I don''t know who it is but he always starts the if you hate the scum stand up, haven''t a scooby doo who it is

[/quote]My guess is the River End.

Where ya been, Duffman?  Your avatar always makes me chuckle!

If someone is whining about people standing up during a match, they probable don''t understand the rules of the social contract at such events.  Tell this pinhead, "He''s a kid, he''s excited and showing it, and shut the hell up!" Then start a chant so the jackball has no chance (chants? ha ha) to respond.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Duffman"]If you are reading this and you know that is you, then Sir, you are a first class idiot.[/quote]Why didn''t you tell him that last night? Duh! [:^)][/quote]Well when I said father and son perhaps I misled you slightly, the lad was in his early 20''s and he and his father both held their ground very well in responding to the guy.   He promptly shut up and the game started.   It just didn''t seem appropriate for me then to walk to the other side of my row and then tell this guy ............''yeah, what they said jackass!''I shall watch out this saturday with interest to see how things develop between the 3 of them.   This was in the Jarrold stand.