Michael Spillane
Adam DruryDarel Russell

Korey Smith
Chris Martin

Tom Adeyemi
Luke Daley

Jamie Cureton

Cody McDonald
In our first 18... 10 players were first a youth player with us, or that they first signed pro papers with us (i.e. Cody)...! 3 of those are returning players (Drury*, Russell, Cureton), but even so... pretty impressive... and damn good to see.

(* is that right he was a youth who went to Peterborough then came back? Not sure on that one...)

[quote user="First Jedi"]It''s quite amazing that we now have;Declan Rudd

Michael Spillane
Adam DruryDarel Russell

Korey Smith
Chris Martin

Tom Adeyemi
Luke Daley

Jamie Cureton

Cody McDonald
In our first 18... 10 players were first a youth player with us, or that they first signed pro papers with us (i.e. Cody)...! 3 of those are returning players (Drury*, Russell, Cureton), but even so... pretty impressive... and damn good to see.

(* is that right he was a youth who went to Peterborough then came back? Not sure on that one...)[/quote]I think this is a symptom of our football league standing and precarious financial position, rather than wanting to give the youngsters in that list quite as many games as they are all getting. The fact that we are unable to buy anyone, along with our apparent inability to get bodies in on loan, results in us having to blood these young ''uns.I am a firm advocate of the ''if you''re good enough, you''re old enough'' adage - but equally feel that we would benefit more from giving them games gradually, fifteen minutes here and there.

My point was that they''ve come from the youth team... Other than Declan Rudd, Korey Smith, Tom Adeyemi and Luke Daley - all the others are relatively experienced. And Smith shouldn''t be included in that group, really, considering his contributions this season.

I was so so pleased about finally we have a manager who will look at the young players, and used them to play! Similar words were saying by Worthy, Roeder and Gunn, but seems none of them will have faith to give the kids the chance.

Not all academy players will promote to the first team, but I am sure the list above will!!

Exactly - I don''t feel like they are being introduced too quickly, but most importantly, they are being played again based on their performance - it must be a massive boost to every single kid in every age group at the club, to see Korey Smith play well and continue to be considered game in game out - even tho he is guaranteed of nothing.

Anyway - it makes me feel excited about these players - they are *ours*, and they are (finally) players I can get enthused about...! :)

no, sadly we can''t claim credit for drury. and cody mac? didn''t come through the youth set up at colney so i think we should stick to the 8 that we know and love.