Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Hoolahan

I know you all think I''m going to have another moan at Hoolahan but just hear me out.

Last night, the Irish dwarf played one of his better games for Norwich.  When he saw a pass he actually passed it rather than trying to take another man on.  I say this though when it was on his left foot.  This man is so afraid of using his right foot it''s unbelievable.  There was several times when McVeigh was out on the right with acres of space just waiting for Hoolahan to slot him a ball through, this however hardly ever happend because he needed to put it on his left foot just to be able to kick it, which let defenders get across.  When you have a player like Hoolahan who the team relies on so much you can''t afford him to be one footed because he takes the flow out of things and so often misses a pass or shooting opurtunity due to this.  A perfect example of this was when Wes had his first chance through on goal.  He was racing through on goal with the keeper coming out and the defender rushing towards him.  All he needed to do was hit a right footed shot past the keeper, but no, he turned on to his left foot, turning into trouble and the chance was gone.

Apart from this, and holding onto the ball for to long, due to his one footed ability, he did quite well.  However I still wouldn''t have him in my team and I thought Martin looked really good when he came on, as he was direct, two footed and offered more pace and a scoring ability.

I know people won''t agree with me and will say I''m taking the shine of a good win, but little Wesley fustrates me so much, so I''m ready for everything that comes my way.

Oh look... ANOTHER thread about Hoolahan...can we just keep it to one thread... he must be the most talked about player on this board. Id reckon his name features in around 1/5 posts on here.

He has his downsides, but i think he has a unique ability to create that noone else has in league 1 and therefore must be accomodated for

[quote user="Boyo"]

I know you all think I''m going to have another moan at Hoolahan but just hear me out.

Last night, the Irish dwarf played one of his better games for Norwich.  When he saw a pass he actually passed it rather than trying to take another man on.  I say this though when it was on his left foot.  This man is so afraid of using his right foot it''s unbelievable.  There was several times when McVeigh was out on the right with acres of space just waiting for Hoolahan to slot him a ball through, this however hardly ever happend because he needed to put it on his left foot just to be able to kick it, which let defenders get across.  When you have a player like Hoolahan who the team relies on so much you can''t afford him to be one footed because he takes the flow out of things and so often misses a pass or shooting opurtunity due to this.  A perfect example of this was when Wes had his first chance through on goal.  He was racing through on goal with the keeper coming out and the defender rushing towards him.  All he needed to do was hit a right footed shot past the keeper, but no, he turned on to his left foot, turning into trouble and the chance was gone.

Apart from this, and holding onto the ball for to long, due to his one footed ability, he did quite well.  However I still wouldn''t have him in my team and I thought Martin looked really good when he came on, as he was direct, two footed and offered more pace and a scoring ability.

I know people won''t agree with me and will say I''m taking the shine of a good win, but little Wesley fustrates me so much, so I''m ready for everything that comes my way.

[/quote]i agree.  think he needs to stop being as selfish as he has been at times. and his 1 footedness is a very frustrating aspect of his game.although a left footer myself, he could of scored it by putting around the keeper on his left peg. he had no intention of shooting though.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Oh look... ANOTHER thread about Hoolahan...

can we just keep it to one thread... he must be the most talked about player on this board. Id reckon his name features in around 1/5 posts on here.
[/quote]

Well I''m sorry for boring you all, but when I looked I couldn''t see another post about Hoolahan anywhere near the top of the first page.  What about all the post''s about Theo, Gunn and Delia then?  Aren''t you bored with them too?

[quote user="Boyo"]

[quote user="NexusCanary"]Oh look... ANOTHER thread about Hoolahan...

can we just keep it to one thread... he must be the most talked about player on this board. Id reckon his name features in around 1/5 posts on here.
[/quote]

Well I''m sorry for boring you all, but when I looked I couldn''t see another post about Hoolahan anywhere near the top of the first page.  What about all the post''s about Theo, Gunn and Delia then?  Aren''t you bored with them too?

[/quote]

No not really

Well think about it, how many chances did he create for him or other people in 90 mins supporting Holt?

He created a good chance for Lappin, and a few shots from him, but to be fair, not that much.

Oh dear god!! I dont want to see people discussing about each thread, just about what is on the thread!!

If you see a toipic you don''t want to comment on....THEN DON''T!

[quote user="missing in action?"][quote user="Boyo"]

[quote user="missing in action?"][quote user="Boyo"]

[/quote]
i agree.
 think he needs to stop being as selfish as he has been at times. and his 1 footedness is a very frustrating aspect of his game.
although a left footer myself, he could of scored it by putting around the keeper on his left peg. he had no intention of shooting though.

[/quote]

Thank you, look this person liked the post so he replied.  If you don''t, don''t reply simple as that.

[quote user="canarytom"][quote user="Boyo"]

[quote user="NexusCanary"]Oh look... ANOTHER thread about Hoolahan...

[/quote]

[/quote]

No not really

[/quote]

All you do is take the biscuit out of everyone elses post. 

[quote user="Brendan"]Well think about it, how many chances did he create for him or other people in 90 mins supporting Holt? He created a good chance for Lappin, and a few shots from him, but to be fair, not that much.[/quote]

Come off it. He was at the centre of pretty much everything. The down with Hoolahan brigade are either just completely stubborn or do not appreciate decent football as far as i''m concerned. By far the most talented player in our squad. I will accept he is frustratinmg at times and needs to occasionally be more direct but the slagging he gets on here off some is totally unfair.

How many balls did Holt win in the air last night, where was Holt when the ball came in the box, Oh I forgot he crossed the ball in, Holt should be getting more of the stick

Even when he isn''t the one who creates the killer pass, he''s still the one that makes everything happen up front.People talk about how one-footed he is but i keep saying...If he had a good right foot too...he most certainly wouldn''t be playing for a League One team!

You talk about Wes as if everybody else in our squad is perfect. Last

night he was head and shoulders above any other player on the pitch.

His first touch is the best I''ve seen at Carrow road in years he is

always making himself available and he always has time on the ball.

Playing in the position he did last night both before and after the

introduction of Martin he is at his finest. Not forgetting he ran his

socks off last night.He''s not a perfect footballer but he''s as

close as you''ll get in the 3rd tier of football. And yes if he had a

right foot he be a leading light in the Premiership so count your luck

stars he doesn''t and that why we have him still.As a winger he''s a luxury as a player, playing off the front man or playing in the hole at this level he''s beyond a class act.

Wes Hoolahan was involved in every attack last night, i don''t know how he does it but he always finds a pocket of space in which to pick up the ball and his first touch at times is just sublime, for somebody his size to keep hold of the ball when 2/3 bigger opposition players are hussling around him takes great control and great awareness of whats around him.

He is frustrating at times but if he did have 2 feet i''m sure he''d be a Premiership footballer.

[quote user="Wes Hoolahans Middle Finger"]

So he was being selfish by passing to Lappin in what he thought was a better scoring position was he?

[/quote]no that was just dumb when he was in a better position to shoot.he can pass well and he is creative, but he gets caught on the ball more times than he will use it.

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Wes Hoolahans Middle Finger"]

So he was being selfish by passing to Lappin in what he thought was a better scoring position was he?

[/quote]no that was just dumb when he was in a better position to shoot.he can pass well and he is creative, but he gets caught on the ball more times than he will use it. [/quote]I respect your opinion, but very VERY rarely did he get caught on the ball last night, and similarly at the Charlton game. He''s the character who really links the midfield and attack, and I think if he wasn''t in the team we wouldn''t have generated anywhere near as many chances as we did last night.Perhaps when he gets a bit more confidence he will start putting away one or two of the chances he gets, although it was a cracking save with the keeper''s legs to deny him last night to be fair.

im sorry, but why are u complaining when we won the game. u make it seem like the fans are never happy - win or lose.

quit ur moaning, u sound like a woman

saw on a leyton orient match report they put, hoolahan just tore us completely apart, which says it all really.

[quote user="ncfc90"]saw on a leyton orient match report they put, hoolahan just tore us completely apart, which says it all really.[/quote]

I also believe that this was the managers comment after the Gilligham game too.

Strange thing is, I remember him scoring a cracking goal with his RIGHT foot last year. Anybody know which game it was.Given he can do that, it suggests his one-footedness must be psychological. One for the coaching team, methinks.

I am constantly amazed at how people on here will laud average players like Lappin and McVeigh yet have a go at Hoolahan all the time. The man has bags of ability and while I agree he often tries to do too much he can do things that no other in our squad can.

Well done for showing you have no idea whatsoever about football.

Did the fact that the Leyton Orient defenders were torn to shreds by Hollahan not suggest to you that he was a good player. I admit he does need to pull the trigger a bit quicker sometimes, and is all left foot, but his biggest problem is he is a different class. He thinks so much quicker than the other players, and often looses the ball because other players are too slow to think or react.

On one occasion Tuesday night Hoolahan should have shot on his right, he then turned inside and should have shot on his left, but he layed it onto Lappin on a plate who somehow managed to hit it straight at the keeper from 10 yards out, missing an absolute sitter. It amused me that everyone then moaned about Hoolahan rather than the fact that Lappin had missed an absolute gift of an opportunity!

I would also like to mention that the bloke runs his socks off for Norwich. Unlike many other players he is always looking to recieve the ball, demanding it and trying to link the play. I think in a way he has too much of the ball, so people tend to focus too much attention on him.