Sign in to follow this  
Old Boy

Re: Reasons to be be Cheerful : Part 1

I''ll drink to all of that, but don''t give up on Hux. This is all just agent-speak, a ploy to get Man City (or NCFC) to sort out his existing contract. You can''t really blame a guy who has talent worth a lot of money from wanting to exploit it. And even if he doesn''t come back, look what he did while he was here, and drink a toast to that!

My reason to be cheerful is that it''s a sound club, and we haven''t followed the Leeds lead like Sheeps. Second one is the nickname "Doomcaster": even if it''s totally unfair (which I think it is), isn''t it great?!?!

Dad, I''ve just started a campaign to stop people calling him "Doomcaster" so don''t you start!!

As for 1st Wizards posting, I haven''t heard anyone on this board make more sense than that. Bang on the nail Wizard, if he doesn''t want to come here then he ain''t the player we want. One hero is gone, let''s hope another one is made on Sunday and over the course of the season.

And we don''t support Ips***h!

Cheers Mook, I have a strange feeling Nigel Worthington, will have someone else in mind already. There no point in us being bug*ed about by this guy. He seems to have let down everyone at Norwich, Nottingham and West Brom and I now believe he made all these wishes safe in his mistaken belief that we and others could''nt afford him, well let him rot in the reservers at Man City, or Portsmouth if thats his desire, Norwich will go on, do''nt doubt it.
(God I sound bitter, don''t I)

Even if we lose against the scummers, its May what counts, not one derby game. I''m quite content (for a change) with yellow and green matters at the moment. So lets be positive, I know Worthy and the boad are.

A very merry and Yellow and Green Christmas to you Mook, and all the posters and staff at the Pink Un.

I thought 1stWiz didn''t like Worthy? I must have fallen asleep for a week and missed something...
Anyway, I''d be highly suspicious of anything that filthy agent of Huck''s says - he just knows he''s in for a bigger cut if he signs/stays with a Premier club. Huck has a mind of his own - more so than a lot of footballers, it seems, so I''m sure he''ll do what''s best for him.
My guess is this: Huck''s biggest problem is psychological - he needs to be the biggest star at a club to play well (I''m judging this by his record at previous clubs). When he is, he scores goals. When other stars come in, his head goes down and he doesn''t feel loved. It''s easy to see the record - Leeds, Man City, Newcastle - he came in as the star at first and then went down the pecking order when they suddenly started spending tons of money. None of those teams really gave him a chance (he''s never started more than around 30 games for any club)Therefore, if Keegan is telling him he''s the man to play with Anelka, he might think it''s worth it. But why should he trust Keegan? He scored a load of goals to get him out of the 1st division and was promptly dropped. So I think he''ll come here (as long as we''re not way off the mark with the money) because he knows he can a) help us go up and b) be pretty assured of being our number one striker for some time to come - which he won''t at West Brom (who already have 5 strikers).
Let''s just hope he makes his mind up in time for Sunday...

You did nod off Mr King Sire, I repented some weeks ago with the thread ''I''m not Worthy'', pay attention please!.

Admire your opptimision though, I wished I shared it.

I too am not too worried by an ''agents'' comments. Last time this gobsh*** said we couldn''t afford him, Hucks himself said "I''ll decide where I want to play."

Oh and... "It would also be very difficult for Darren to entertain a permanent move into the Nationwide League." Well Man City may be 12th at the moment, but seem to be in free-fall at the moment. They''re only 3 points off the relegation zone with just about half the season gone. What guarantees Man City Premiership football next season anymore than Norwich City?

We should all ''keep the faith'', till we know what''s going to happen, and THEN judge!

One more thing. Actually there''s something very positive to come out of this as it looks like Hucks won''t be playing on Sunday. At least the binners won''t be able to accuse us of relying on one man to beat them! Hell, if it hadn''t for Pubload Cantgo''s 97th minute equalizer, we would have won last year. We''ve strengthened our team since then...so who knows! Let the "Battle Of Portaloo" commence.

Merry Christmas one and all.

Your Spanish Majesty, would you consider giving whoever came up with "Doomcaster" an award in your Majesty''s New Years Honours List? Your humble servant...

Sorry Mook, but "Sensiblecaster" doesn''t really do it.

1st wiz, everyone

like you first wizard, i was desperate for hucks to sign, i am still hopeful he will, no one (except himself, his agent and our board) really know what is going on just now, and if hucks chooses to stay at man city and try to get back in their team, well as you say we have to accept that. No one can force him to come here, and without him, i still think our promotion chances are slim for automatic and anyone''s guess for the playoffs, but there you go.

We have to judge the delay on two things, his agent persuading him he is better off waiting for the transfer window so premiership clubs can come in for him (if there are any interested) and two, if other division one clubs come in, well that one seems to have died, with only us and west brom seriously interested, i have no doubt at all that he would choose us above west brom though

as you say, wiz, we have to remember we all have a life outside these messageboards, though i am struggling to find it! No, not really, I made myself log off last night and until now to seriously think about how i really felt about all of this and like you i will be bitterly disappointed if he doesn''t sign - but hey, there will be life after huckerby, at least we now have munby saying it wouldn''t be a risk to buy him!! (Got to be the quote of the season)

not what you said to me at the acle forum roger mate!!

If he still wants to come here, i for one, would be overjoyed, but I will still support my club, cos if nothing else, Darren Huckerby has dragged the boardroom onto the pitch (at last!) and made them wake up to what we need to achieve promotion

good luck all of you who are going to ipswich, make sure you outsing the binners!

I will indeed be bestowing an honour upon whomever came up with ''Doomcaster''. Whilst I don''t necessarily agree with the term, I''m enjoying the fact that he goes by the nickname yet seems to be coming up with the goods. And I''m hoping that the longer he''s called it, the more he''ll be spurred into proving us wrong.
See you in the Premiership. OTBC

After reading KK''s latest statement in the pink un, its now official, I''ve gone mad!. totaly 100% bonkers, la la!, my pc''s in tears with all the checking of various websites, I can''t sleep, and my missus (who can not stand football) has stopped talking to me at the moment, because I''m spending too much time on here fretting.

Oh well, despite my promise to myself this morning, no sleep again tonight!.

C''mon DH, put us out of this misery, one way or another. PLEASE.

What a Bl**dy week, how on earth does NW cope with it all!.

(Wizard now resorts to gurgling noises, laughs for no reason, and sings ''I''m a little teapot'')

Wiz, your real name''s not Chip is it? If so, I once held up a banner at Carrow Road begging for you to be saved from your missus, but only ''cos that lot on Soccer am told me to!!!

Reasons to be cheerful?... I saw NW in the City yesterday, and he looked cheerful. Thass good enough fer me bor.

May I join you 1st wizard in going absoloutly nuts! All the voices so many different stories! Which shall I listen too? Which I ask of you? which?

Only one thing is clear to me and that is yellow and green, the rest has gone fuzzy! Oh my poor spinning head!

No seriously, the agent stuff was to hurry up KK. Why they just cant speak plain english I dont know, I will translate;

"KK if you want Hux to stay then tell him in no uncertain terms. If you want to see him go get your arse into gear with the deal and let him move on. And oh, please let it be to a big club who offer more money so I can get a bigger cut! I am a poor agent who talks rubbish you know!"

If I was a professional I would only ever get a family member to be my agent, they know me best and they would know what I would want. I would however demand to sit in on any talks or at least have them recorded for my listening.

My plan is to sign as back up right back in the summer, and then to be so good that another club pays lots of money for me, I sign a two year deal, play crap, get dropped and then go back to NCFC. Problem is it isnt very likely really is it? 22 is up and over the hill!

Wizard old chap, after your first post I can assure you that a job is waiting at the Green house as the weather cock.

Though better the sinner that repenteth etc

But nil desperadum

The good lady Mrs Green is sewing Huckerby''s name on my Norwich City pyjamas as I write - well, will be when she gets back in I''ve just sent her to get some coal in, four buckets should do the trick

Brrrr, do wish she wouldn''t try and bring the logs in at the same time, keeps leaving the door open.

Master, is your missus related to mine?

She''s convinced we live in a barn too.

Just can''t get the service these days. I was only saying to her the other day it was about time she starting cleaning the house a bit more often as my beer cans and crisp packets were starting to mount up in the lounge.

For some reason, unbeknown to me, she got the hump but i''ve got her a surprise for Christmas to make amends - a new set of oven gloves and a bottle of fairy liquid. That should do the trick.

Happy days!

Not sure if it''s a good idea to get the other half washing up with oven gloves

Mind you any mention of getting the hump in this house quickly has the little lady scurrying out of the room muttering something about being lucky

Still things might be on the up, so to speak, as her constant grumblings about the coal bucket will soon end when she sees what I''ve got for her Xmas

The old nutty slack will geta bit better treatment from then on methinks

What can I say MG, what a fantastic job opportunity,''cock a doddle do''!, still merry christmas to you and your good slave, how do you train em by the way!.

"how do you train em by the way"

nothing special, just don''t try an interfere in their demain - and plenty of encouragement

always hold the ladder when she''s up fixing the gutter is one trick

He is no loner a cheerful soul because losing to Spurs 5-1 in a FRIENDLY means we are doomed to relegated.......... supposedly anyway...

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]When I watched in horor on Sky Sports News late last night, that Huckerby''s agent has said he will stay at Manchester City, I was at first gutted.

After dwelling on this, I thought no s*d it, no player is ever going to spoil my yuletide, and despite his wishes often stated in the media, I came round to the idea that perhaps KK and him are best suited together!.

As a strong advocate for him signing, of course I feel let down, as I''m sure NW, the board and thousands of City Supporters do, but hey, Its not the end of the world if he does''nt come to City, it just feels like it the moment.

There are still reasons to be cheerful, and here are mine.

1. We stilll have Nigel Worthington, one of the best in this division,
2. The Board are now backing NW 100%, and I presume we still have the DH money to spend!.
3. Delia Smiths is here, (even allowing for her 58% shares!)
4. Sheepshanks aint.
5. New stand opens soon.
6. The players here, seem to want to be.
7. We don''t support I*****h!.
8. We don''t go to Porterloo Road.
9. We''re 2nd in Division 1.
10 Diane won''t have to kiss Master Green.

So come on, don''t let an allegeded money loving player turn his back on Norfolk (and of course the unpoluted parts of Suffolk) and ruin your Christmas. Lets have your reasons to be cheerful posters.

If there''s any justice left in planet football, we''ll pass Man City on the way down, as we go up!.[/quote]

WOW! 1st Wizard WAS once a cheerful sole! My faith in Harry Potter has been restored ...............(although NW, one of the best in this division?!?....) although... wait a minute we was 2nd in the leauge at the time so not a great deal to moan about then was there!?!?

[/quote]

Top marks for your enndevour in trawling up a 5 year old thread of mine YS, I''m flattered, but sadly, way back then, I  also still believed the moon was made of cream cheese!.[:D]