Sign in to follow this  
Attleborough_Canary

Buy the pitch??

I''ve purchased a square in memory of my Grandad,the photo shows off my seats lovely, £25 and worth every penny my Grandad would have loved the idea of owning a piece of the pitch even if it is only for a year!!! [:D]

[quote user="Salopian"] Questions:1) A square yard of living turf will be quite heavy and awkward to lift. Does everyone have to collect their own square?2) Presumably they are going to relay the pitch, so hasn''t lasted long - I hadn''t heard, so the money raised will go towards the new pitch?3) Why don''t they sell square feet pieces at a lower price, and then those who want to put a deck chair on it can buy more than one piece, and others pay less? This also overcomes the problem mentioned in point 1 above.[/quote]That''s the point.  You don''t get anything, you are just "sponsoring" part of the pitch.  From £25 right up to £1000 to sponsor the centre spot/penalty spots.  For a year.It''s utter horse shizzle.

"Shortly before half-time Hoolahan levelled for the home side from the penalty spot - sponsored by Mister Chops"

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]"Shortly before half-time Hoolahan levelled for the home side from the penalty spot - sponsored by Mister Chops"[/quote]Commentary would take about eight years!"A ball played by Spillane from the inside right position, sponsored by Friends of Norwich City Youth, was squared to Russell by Holt who was all over the Notcutts quadrant.  Russell then lays it off to Hoolahan, running through the line near the D sponsored by Bussey''s, then Autoglass, then the Cheese Truckle, and then slips it through to Cureton who''s on the penalty spot sponsored by Clearasil, and Cureton shoots, and that''s in Row Z sponsored by old jokes R us."Thank god they sacked Roy Waller.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]"Shortly before half-time Hoolahan levelled for the home side from the penalty spot - sponsored by Mister Chops"[/quote]

Commentary would take about eight years!

"A ball played by Spillane from the inside right position, sponsored by Friends of Norwich City Youth, was squared to Russell by Holt who was all over the Notcutts quadrant.  Russell then lays it off to Hoolahan, running through the line near the D sponsored by Bussey''s, then Autoglass, then the Cheese Truckle, and then slips it through to Cureton who''s on the penalty spot sponsored by Clearasil, and Cureton shoots, and that''s in Row Z sponsored by old jokes R us."

Thank god they sacked Roy Waller.

[/quote]

Absolutely hilarious!

Although the less funny thing is that with Norwich, anything is possible and it doesn''t actually seem that far fetched......

[quote user="PhatCanary"]I''ve purchased a square in memory of my Grandad,the photo shows off my seats lovely, £25 and worth every penny my Grandad would have loved the idea of owning a piece of the pitch even if it is only for a year!!! [:D][/quote]

What a lovely thought, might do the same for my mum and dad who were regulars at CR.

God some suckers are actually buying into this sh*t. Why not just get your monthly salary payment paid into NCFC plc''s bank account (mmmm, where''s David McNally''s telephone number, I can feel a royalty coming on here).

I guess it''s just another form of lottery...... but really!

And what is so special about the 100 prizes. A night out in Yellows for you and your mates, you pay for all the drinks and we''ll throw in a bag of pork scratchings absolutely free!

I''m actually gobsmacked that people would even consider buying into this, I could understand something like this working well at Old Trafford with all the United fanboys going nuts everytime Rooney stepped onto their square of the pitch, "oh look Rooney is on my land again, quick take a picture"... But at Norwich?... Shocking.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]I''m actually gobsmacked that people would even consider buying into this, I could understand something like this working well at Old Trafford with all the United fanboys going nuts everytime Rooney stepped onto their square of the pitch, "oh look Rooney is on my land again, quick take a picture"... But at Norwich?... Shocking.[/quote]

Isn''t it about personal choice?  No one is forcing you but if others want to then it is up to them surely?

Why are some fans so negative? It is a fun idea and those taking part know that plus it will make some much needed money for the club.

On The Ball City. Any idea that raises a bit of finance should get a positive and supportive response. Individual fans can make their own mind up about which activity they will support.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]I''m actually gobsmacked that people would even consider buying into this, I could understand something like this working well at Old Trafford with all the United fanboys going nuts everytime Rooney stepped onto their square of the pitch, "oh look Rooney is on my land again, quick take a picture"... But at Norwich?... Shocking.[/quote]

Isn''t it about personal choice?  No one is forcing you but if others want to then it is up to them surely?

[/quote]True.Hey, Canary fans - why not help out a fellow Canary fan with my holiday fund?  All donations welcome, and anyone donating more than £20 will get a free picture of me and the wife on holiday drinking beer.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

True.

Hey, Canary fans - why not help out a fellow Canary fan with my holiday fund?  All donations welcome, and anyone donating more than £20 will get a free picture of me and the wife on holiday drinking beer.

[/quote]

Just remember folks - The more you cough up, the further he can go and the longer he''ll be gone![:O]

Dig deep now[;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]True.Hey, Canary fans - why not help out a fellow Canary fan with my holiday fund?  All donations welcome, and anyone donating more than £20 will get a free picture of me and the wife on holiday drinking beer.[/quote]Will I get a pen or a charming carriage clock if I reply within seven days?

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED01%20Oct%202009%2013%3A45%3A09%3A777

Quite an odd thing to do, not sure if many other clubs do this?

[/quote]

Not the first time this has happened, i stil have my piece from the year we went up, they ripped the pitch up to move it and put the plastic stuff in ! fantastic idea, great way to raise some extra money.

[quote user="Norfolk Dumpling"]Why are some fans so negative? It is a fun idea and those taking part know that plus it will make some much needed money for the club. On The Ball City. Any idea that raises a bit of finance should get a positive and supportive response. Individual fans can make their own mind up about which activity they will support.[/quote]According to Geremy Goss on Scrimmage we are the first club in the whole country to have done this. Surprised nobody has ever thought of it before.

What happens on 31/12/10 can you buy the same piece again, or does it go on general sale, would you still be able to keep the photo?.

Lets face it, it''s a bit of a naff idea, but after saying that I''m goona buy, simply because if the club said ''help, give us £25'' I would !

[quote user="Lord Norwich"]knowing the board they will probably sell you a square and then send you a annual "square upkeep bill" asking for £100 towards mowing it and Norwich City Council will want rates paying on it.[/quote]You are now putting ideas into peoples heads.

Personally I think it''s a bit of a laugh and targetted in the lead up to Xmas to get people to buy plots for each other.I fell for it and tried to buy my brother the plot to the left of Huckerby - problem is they don''t take Maestro and so I couldn''t pay.  Pretty shabby arrangement to use an on-line payment company that doesn''t accept the most popular debit card in the country!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"]You can buy an acre of the moon for £20.[/quote]

Got an acre already [:D]

[/quote]I''m thinking of buying a couple or three acres,  bung some caravans on them and rent them out on time shares.

[quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"]You can buy an acre of the moon for £20.
[/quote]

Got an acre already [:D]

[/quote]

I''m thinking of buying a couple or three acres,  bung some caravans on them and rent them out on time shares.
[/quote]

lol nahhhhhhhh onto a loser there, no atmosphere at all [;)]

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]Personally I think it''s a bit of a laugh and targetted in the lead up to Xmas to get people to buy plots for each other.

........... problem is they don''t take Maestro and so I couldn''t pay..............[/quote]

Not really surprised that they won''t take the car as payment.

Try selling your limo first then you can give them the cash......