Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

- Darren Huckerby day

Yes, the quakes are holding a tribute to Darren Huckerby dayDarren Huckerby to be honored Saturday

On Saturday, the Quakes take on the New York Red Bulls at 8 p.m. at

Buck Shaw Stadium, presented by SuperCuts. The Quakes will celebrate

Darren Huckerby Day at the stadium, honoring Huckerby in a pregame

ceremony on the field. The first 5,000 fans will receive a Supercuts

Darren Huckerby Day player card, along with a Supercuts Earthquakes

roll-a-banner. If you''re heading out to the game, be sure to take

advantage of the half-price Saags Sausage special!

If you can''t make it to the game, watch the Quakes live on Fox Soccer Channel, 1220 KDOW and in Spanish on sjearthquakes.com.

I don''t want him back obviously - it just puts into focus how poorly he was treated by the Club......................again.

Well I am agreed with that! The way he left was nothing short of insulting. HOWEVER, I am sure that this American good bye will be very cheesey and over the top, poor taste!

[quote user="Scottlarock"]Yes, the quakes are holding a tribute to Darren Huckerby dayDarren Huckerby to be honored Saturday

On Saturday, the Quakes take on the New York Red Bulls at 8 p.m. at

Buck Shaw Stadium, presented by SuperCuts. The Quakes will celebrate

Darren Huckerby Day at the stadium, honoring Huckerby in a pregame

ceremony on the field. The first 5,000 fans will receive a Supercuts

Darren Huckerby Day player card, along with a Supercuts Earthquakes

roll-a-banner. If you''re heading out to the game, be sure to take

advantage of the half-price Saags Sausage special!

If you can''t make it to the game, watch the Quakes live on Fox Soccer Channel, 1220 KDOW and in Spanish on sjearthquakes.com.

I don''t want him back obviously - it just puts into focus how poorly he was treated by the Club......................again.

[/quote]Yup Yup totally agree with that. We NEED to do something for Hucks regardless

The club may have treated him that way,but he knows the fans didn''t and that he is a legand at the club and with the fans.......I for one miss his talents out there ..............ALOT!

I think there should be a literal "Darren Huckerby Day"!on Boxnig Day, home against Millwall, with a game that most people can go to and give him the send off and appreciation he perhaps should have had.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]They could always donate a patch of grass to him [:D][/quote]I think they have or he has bought one, according to Gossy on Scrimmage last night. Gossy and Eadie have one each.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]They could always donate a patch of grass to him [:D][/quote]I think they have or he has bought one, according to Gossy on Scrimmage last night. Gossy and Eadie have one each.[/quote]

Blimey I was only jesting as well lol [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]They could always donate a patch of grass to him [:D][/quote]I think they have or he has bought one, according to Gossy on Scrimmage last night. Gossy and Eadie have one each.[/quote]

Blimey I was only jesting as well lol [:)]

[/quote]Gossy has been given or has bought the turf (photo) of the spot from where he scored his winning goal against Bayern Munich. Not sure which patch Eadie bought.

I''m not deriding the idea of buying photos of turf, cos it will raise much needed finance, but if you had heard Gossy last night when eulogising about having a photo view from a particular piece of turf which you could call your own.