Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

Mooney & Tabb??...

If it came to picking one of them i would have the winger. Mooney is a great player but we have to many strikers at the moment. But Martin might sort out are wing problems, cutting in from the right he has a good finish and a half decent cross.

Am I alone in thinking that Mooney was an absolute waste of space? He scored 1 goal (2 if you count the wrongly disallowed one agaisnt wednesday) in what 9 games? hardly sensational goal scoring figures and from what I saw he lacked both the pace and desire to make it as a first team player. Is it not telling that despite Reading struggling for form he still can''t get in the team? Wouldn''t touch him with Glen Roeder''s barge pole!

David Mooney is a decent player, scored goals on loan last season but i''m not sure we really need him now with Holt & Martin here.

Jay Tabb would be a quality signing but i can''t see him dropping down to League1

Don''t tend to hold a grudge, but I thought Mooney started great but tailed off when on loan with us, and was pretty invisible when most needed at Charlton. Of course, if he were a contracted player it might be different, but I''m more than happy with our current strikers.

Tabb: better prospect by far, but that suggestes he''ll stay in Chumpionship.

Mooney did little other than what a striker should - and that is score.  Would love to see him at this level,  but would like to know he can link with holt,  as he played far better with Gow than he did with Lee.

I am not convinced yet that Martin is enough so would like to see us strengthen our striking options;   and the thought of Holt getting an injury seriously scares me 

From what I remember Mooney was great at scoring with his head, something we are missing a little this season, having said that we are somewhat over blessed with strikers at the moment, would rather see Tabb here.

There is no chance that Tabb would sign for us. My work mate is friends with him and the only reason he wanted to leave Coventry was to be nearer his friends and family in West London. Can''t see that changing anytime soon, as it was only last year he moved to Reading.

As for Mooney, much more feesible. But can we affrod his wages? Same question as always.

Tabb would never sign and I don''t think Mooney would come back either. Mooney actually got 3 goals and one wrongly ruled-out if I''m right? I think they were 2-0 Cardiff (H), 1-0 Plymouth (H) 2-3 Binners (A) and the ruled-out goal was against Wednesday at home. I seem to remember him saying, after the loan spell, that he didn''t give a monkey''s about Norwich and that Reading was all he cared about and that his aim was to win the play offs with them and play in the Premiership once getting back in favour with the team? Might be mistaken but pretty sure he said summit like that.

Well If He Enjoyed His Time Here, He May Well Come Back, You Never Know. I Thought He Was Pretty Decent Whilst He Was Here, Especially When Partnered With Gow, But They Lost Their Partnership When Alan Lee Came Along!