Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Hucks & Leon

I think everyone knows that the best two forwards at the club are hucks and leon and allthough, people have mentioned that Leon lacks the physical threat, he is actually the right sort of player.  Leon is a goal poacher and in my view holdsup the ball excellently.  I personall feel given time to work on the training ground the parnership can work, and it needs to be tried.

Anyone else haveany views on this?

Jimmy

i agree with that . they never seem to play in the same side , based on one game last season against bradford when things didnt come off , but then as i remember , the whole team were bad that day . id give them a few game because im sure leon will get us more goals then any other striker , given the right service .

I agree with DD. Mckenzie I feel may lack the aerial ability but he is one of those players who''ll let the defenders know that he is around (similar to the way Dickov hassles and harries defenders, sorry for comparing you to dickov Leon ). The only way I can see Mckenzie starting is when he will play up front with Doc, and Huck out on the left.

The chances of Huck playing left-wing are slim though as Drury has been getting little cover having McVeigh or Jonson playing in front of him, so if Darren plays there as a free role Drury will be horribly exposed.

Leons best chance is to come on for the last 15-20mins and make a real impact, and thus force worthy to play him from the start

svensson hasn''t got anything that mckenzie hasn''t. mckenzie wins more headers and tackles than svensson so i don''t know why he started against palace and man u, when mckenzie was left on the bench.

mckenzie is our best goal scorer, so therefore he should play. it seems to me that the only place that worthinton will let him play is in hucks postition. but as he plays every game, he doesn''t get a chance. how much other teams play with a target man? does arsenal? no. we need him on for the whole game and should be given his chance against spurs. but i also recon doherty should also start up front, so huckerby can drop into left mid. anyway, he always drops into that position anyway so thats where he should be. and thats where i believe he does most damage.

so the team for spurs for me would be:

green

edworthy fleming charlton drury

bentley safri francis huckerby

mckenzie doherty.