Sign in to follow this  
andy cousins

re doom and gloomers

So where are all the doom n gloom merchants that said its a false dawn and things not changed we are loosers  , relegation fodder etc now then ? seems things are changing and promotion not a hopeless dream after all then !

[quote user="canarywales"]

So where are all the doom n gloom merchants that said its a false dawn and things not changed we are loosers  , relegation fodder etc now then ? seems things are changing and promotion not a hopeless dream after all then !

[/quote]They all went to Ipswich looking for a better way of life, they should be back by next week...

Lambert is sustaining decent peformances, and thats the main thing. This has so far, been a proper job, and it''s up to him to keep this up.Roeder succeeded in doing that for a longer period than the one Lambert has as of ''yet'' not managed though, and then of course (as we know) it fell apart, and theres nout to say Lambert won''t either in all truth and honesty. But without doubt the signs are, so far, good.For what it''s worth though, don''t keep it for granted that we will maintain this... While remaining positive of course. [;)]

well they can stay there then , seems they not got much to say without something to moan at , not even got semmi today and doc not done anything wrong either its bloody good with no moaners for a change

I''m impressed with the double pummelling we''ve handed out this week. 9 goals in 2 games and only conceeding 1 in the process - what is there to complain about the team atm? They''ve achieved just what I expect from them.

One other thing, you "proper fans" are just as guilty of running away from this message board yourselves when things turn sour.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

I''m impressed with the double pummelling we''ve handed out this week. 9 goals in 2 games and only conceeding 1 in the process - what is there to complain about the team atm? They''ve achieved just what I expect from them.

One other thing, you "proper fans" are just as guilty of running away from this message board yourselves when things turn sour.

[/quote]Thank god i''m not the only one who notices. [Y][;)]

[quote user="Big Bad John"]Lambert is sustaining decent peformances, and thats the main thing. This has so far, been a proper job, and it''s up to him to keep this up.

Roeder succeeded in doing that for a longer period than the one Lambert has as of ''yet'' not managed though, and then of course (as we know) it fell apart, and theres nout to say Lambert won''t either in all truth and honesty. But without doubt the signs are, so far, good.

For what it''s worth though, don''t keep it for granted that we will maintain this... While remaining positive of course. [;)]
[/quote]

Roeder screwed things up by changing a winning team to play loanees, especially at Leicester. I don''t see Lambert being so arrogant to change a winning team plus also we have no loanees to allow him to do that. Thus, I think it is onwards and upwards, and we must be in with a chance of catching the top two by the end of the season, but definitely a trip to Wembley in the play-offs otherwise IMO.

Lambert is a different kettle of fish altogether , he was a winner as a player and seems the same as a manager which is why Mcinally targeted him in the first place , you only have to look at his playing history to see that and that means the players respect him and the board believe in him and expect big things from him too

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Big Bad John"]Lambert is sustaining decent peformances, and thats the main thing. This has so far, been a proper job, and it''s up to him to keep this up.Roeder succeeded in doing that for a longer period than the one Lambert has as of ''yet'' not managed though, and then of course (as we know) it fell apart, and theres nout to say Lambert won''t either in all truth and honesty. But without doubt the signs are, so far, good.For what it''s worth though, don''t keep it for granted that we will maintain this... While remaining positive of course. [;)][/quote]

Roeder screwed things up by changing a winning team to play loanees, especially at Leicester. I don''t see Lambert being so arrogant to change a winning team plus also we have no loanees to allow him to do that. Thus, I think it is onwards and upwards, and we must be in with a chance of catching the top two by the end of the season, but definitely a trip to Wembley in the play-offs otherwise IMO.

[/quote]That isn''t necessarily the only thing that could go wrong, could it? Just because i''m using Roeder as an example of someone shown to have potential, but was to then eventually succumb to failiure, doesn''t mean i''m claiming that both managers will play out identically. I''m just saying football (especially for us i sometimes think) always has the ability to turn things on it''s head, and we as fans are often prone to being lulled into a false sense of security.We''re in a unique situation as far as our history books are concerned, as we always are. It''s in the balance, and truth be told none of us know what lay beyond the horizon for our club.Keep steady, focus, and take nothing for granted.We''ve got the potential, but it''s a whole other battle in trying to execute it thoroughly and effectively.

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Big Bad John"]Lambert is sustaining decent peformances, and thats the main thing. This has so far, been a proper job, and it''s up to him to keep this up.

Roeder succeeded in doing that for a longer period than the one Lambert has as of ''yet'' not managed though, and then of course (as we know) it fell apart, and theres nout to say Lambert won''t either in all truth and honesty. But without doubt the signs are, so far, good.

For what it''s worth though, don''t keep it for granted that we will maintain this... While remaining positive of course. [;)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That isn''t necessarily the only thing that could go wrong, could it? Just because i''m using Roeder as an example of someone shown to have potential, but was to then eventually succumb to failiure, doesn''t mean i''m claiming that both managers will play out identically. I''m just saying football (especially for us i sometimes think) always has the ability to turn things on it''s head, and we as fans are often prone to being lulled into a false sense of security.

We''re in a unique situation as far as our history books are concerned, as we always are. It''s in the balance, and truth be told none of us know what lay beyond the horizon for our club.

Keep steady, focus, and take nothing for granted.

We''ve got the potential, but it''s a whole other battle in trying to execute it thoroughly and effectively.
[/quote]

There are many things that could go wrong, of course, especially with injuries, for instance if we lost Wes as we did last season for many crucial games. Looking at this league though, there are very few squads that are better than ours, so given a fair wind, we should have a successful season.  Fingers crossed !!  

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That isn''t necessarily the only thing that could go wrong, could it? Just because i''m using Roeder as an example of someone shown to have potential, but was to then eventually succumb to failiure, doesn''t mean i''m claiming that both managers will play out identically. I''m just saying football (especially for us i sometimes think) always has the ability to turn things on it''s head, and we as fans are often prone to being lulled into a false sense of security.

We''re in a unique situation as far as our history books are concerned, as we always are. It''s in the balance, and truth be told none of us know what lay beyond the horizon for our club.

Keep steady, focus, and take nothing for granted.

We''ve got the potential, but it''s a whole other battle in trying to execute it thoroughly and effectively.
[/quote]

There are many things that could go wrong, of course, especially with injuries, for instance if we lost Wes as we did last season for many crucial games. Looking at this league though, there are very few squads that are better than ours, so given a fair wind, we should have a successful season.  Fingers crossed !!  

If Archant got their fingers out I would not have duplicate posted. This really is getting up my nose now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:@] 

[quote user="canarywales"]Lambert is a different kettle of fish altogether , he was a winner as a player and seems the same as a manager which is why Mcinally targeted him in the first place , you only have to look at his playing history to see that and that means the players respect him and the board believe in him and expect big things from him too[/quote]Look at his managerial record.Our prospects for this season, under your vision find no correlation with his achievments as a manager. Again, don''t be fooled into taking this form for granted, because life will come down on you like a ton of bricks when it turns ugly (of which it will, and i can''t really emphasise that enough for you).Be realistic, and level headed. There is one hell of a long way to go.I''m not going to take away from his success so far, but just as much as he is capable of that, he has proven himself to be one to deliver disappointment at times.Lets let it play out before we start singing praises and commending Lambert and his team on a successful push for promtion, ok?

not saying we are nailed on for promotion but i am saying that things are looking good at the mo and hopefully stay that way , been supporting them too long to take it for granted that its all certain and things at the club have changed drastically , i know lambert is a fairly new manager and things can change but it doesnt alter the fact that he has a hell of a playinng record and is a winner which hopefully will continue with us , everyone has to start somewhere and climb the ladder and i do think he has made a very good start for us and knows what it takes to be a winner !!! 

Everyone is entitled to their views. I think we are headed in the right direction over the next couple of seasons with Lambert at the helm, the first manager since Worthington that i have had confidence in. The doubters have a lot of expereience of failure over the last few years so who can blame them

[quote user="Big Bad John"]..... Roy Keane was a winner. [:|]
[/quote] and did ok at the start with sunderland prob due to his reputation but  has now been found out , but Lambert is not  Keane and has started at a lower level and is working his way upward so there is no comparison there , mind if you do want comparisons what about Clough or Robson that method of thinking works both ways , Lambert is Lambert and has a vey different attitude and way of doing things to Keane

[quote user="canarywales"][quote user="Big Bad John"]..... Roy Keane was a winner. [:|][/quote] and did ok at the start with sunderland prob due to his reputation but  has now been found out , but Lambert is not  Keane and has started at a lower level and is working his way upward so there is no comparison there , mind if you do want comparisons what about Clough or Robson that method of thinking works both ways , Lambert is Lambert and has a vey different attitude and way of doing things to Keane[/quote]Fair enough, but i wouldn''t necessarily say that means he will succeed though, no matter how ''unique'' he indeed is. We can''t tell if his attitude and methods will succeed in the long term (cos Roeders attitude and methods sure as hell worked in the short term for us... Certainly not a success by any stretch of the imagination though).But as for working your way through the lower Leagues, i don''t feel that in itself justifies how you rate Lambert. Paul Ince worked in the lower Leagues, and has so far proven to of been more successful, but the limitations of Ince have been shown thoroughly at a higher level.We can''t say whether or not those limitations would apply to Lambert, but i think it''s best we be aware that it''s the balance unto whether it does or doesn''t.

i am just getting behind my team , its manager and players and i happen to think things are looking up (not hard really given recent past ) and look good for the future for the first time for a fair while , i am not worrying about higher leagues yet as we are not there yet , things look good with Lambert in charge at the moment and he will continue to learn about the job as he goes along and hopefuly carry on as now , we are not going to get a proven title winning manager in the position we are now and have what appears to be a good up and coming manager and i am happy with that situation

Well I''m still here and have been witnessing much of this seasons recent success under Mr Lambert in the flesh and was one of the first posters on this website to say that Lambert would be getting the job and personally backing him.

I agree with the comments that Lambert is a winner, but also agree that people should take nothing for granted and that Lambert has one hell of a job on his hands in getting the current squad of players promoted.  Until Lambert is able to add the 3 or 4 quality individuals to the squad that he wants to we are in a Lucky Dip for promotion throught the play-offs at best... ask Leeds or Nottingham Forest''s advice on promotion through the Div 1 play-offs I would suggest.

As for the people who criticise the moaners, if it wasn''t for a bit of moaning then we would still of had Bryan Gunn at the helm and be marooned in the bottom 4.  I suppose that would make you guys happy because you would be able to moan about the moaners even more eh??? [:^)]

[quote user="canarywales"]i am just getting behind my team , its manager and players and i happen to think things are looking up (not hard really given recent past ) and look good for the future for the first time for a fair while , i am not worrying about higher leagues yet as we are not there yet , things look good with Lambert in charge at the moment and he will continue to learn about the job as he goes along and hopefuly carry on as now , we are not going to get a proven title winning manager in the position we are now and have what appears to be a good up and coming manager and i am happy with that situation[/quote]Fair enough mate.And remember that it''s promising, but don''t think you have the right to deliver humble pie to all the fans who had doubts just yet.Do remember, even the ''doom and gloomers'' are behnd this team, we all are, and we all will always behind the club and it''s best interests, no matter how ''critical'' some of us may be.OK. [Y]

[quote user="Smudger"]

Well I''m still here and have been witnessing much of this seasons recent success under Mr Lambert in the flesh and was one of the first posters on this website to say that Lambert would be getting the job and personally backing him.

I agree with the comments that Lambert is a winner, but also agree that people should take nothing for granted and that Lambert has one hell of a job on his hands in getting the current squad of players promoted.  Until Lambert is able to add the 3 or 4 quality individuals to the squad that he wants to we are in a Lucky Dip for promotion throught the play-offs at best... ask Leeds or Nottingham Forest''s advice on promotion through the Div 1 play-offs I would suggest.

As for the people who criticise the moaners, if it wasn''t for a bit of moaning then we would still of had Bryan Gunn at the helm and be marooned in the bottom 4.  I suppose that would make you guys happy because you would be able to moan about the moaners even more eh??? [:^)]

[/quote][Y] 100%

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="canarywales"]i am just getting behind my team , its manager and players and i happen to think things are looking up (not hard really given recent past ) and look good for the future for the first time for a fair while , i am not worrying about higher leagues yet as we are not there yet , things look good with Lambert in charge at the moment and he will continue to learn about the job as he goes along and hopefuly carry on as now , we are not going to get a proven title winning manager in the position we are now and have what appears to be a good up and coming manager and i am happy with that situation[/quote]

Fair enough mate.

And remember that it''s promising, but don''t think you have the right to deliver humble pie to all the fans who had doubts just yet.

Do remember, even the ''doom and gloomers'' are behnd this team, we all are, and we all will always behind the club and it''s best interests, no matter how ''critical'' some of us may be.

OK. [Y]
[/quote] the original post is aimed at the people that come on here and say only negative stuff and say nothing when things are going ok , its no good just slagging off the team and ignoring the good days or failing to comment that they may have been wrong some of the time and instead just dont say anything unless its detrimental , we are still going to have bad times but lets make the most of good periods as there have been few of those recently

[quote user="canarywales"][quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="canarywales"]i am just getting behind my team , its manager and players and i happen to think things are looking up (not hard really given recent past ) and look good for the future for the first time for a fair while , i am not worrying about higher leagues yet as we are not there yet , things look good with Lambert in charge at the moment and he will continue to learn about the job as he goes along and hopefuly carry on as now , we are not going to get a proven title winning manager in the position we are now and have what appears to be a good up and coming manager and i am happy with that situation[/quote]Fair enough mate.And remember that it''s promising, but don''t think you have the right to deliver humble pie to all the fans who had doubts just yet.Do remember, even the ''doom and gloomers'' are behnd this team, we all are, and we all will always behind the club and it''s best interests, no matter how ''critical'' some of us may be.OK. [Y][/quote] the original post is aimed at the people that come on here and say only negative stuff and say nothing when things are going ok , its no good just slagging off the team and ignoring the good days or failing to comment that they may have been wrong some of the time and instead just dont say anything unless its detrimental , we are still going to have bad times but lets make the most of good periods as there have been few of those recently[/quote]Hmmm... Find that post doesn''t hold much substance (no offence intended) because i do know you to be poster who will shy away from criticising when it is more than justified to do so anyway.Like most fans do, you get a little caught up in the clouds, and struggle to appreciate things for what they really are, and ignore much of the most damaging aspects of our club in your analysis''s.But i really don''t mean to offend you by that, because it''s only what i''ve noticed through my observations. Lets just lay off the ''overly critical'', it''s their view, and you have yours.No one is any less of a fan on here because of it.