Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

There's only one Korey Smith!

A lot has been made of Korey Smith and today he showed us exactly why.  Despite only being 18 he is already one of our best players.  He works hard for possesion, he is like a little pitbull running around the pitch, and even if he gets beaten once that lucky player will know before to long that Korey is after the ball for a second time.  When he wins possesion he dosn''t try to show off and try to take it round players, instead he plays a simple ball to either Holt, Hoolahan or Martin.  This dosn''t mean he cant play killer balls or take it round players, he just does it when he needs to so he makes sure the team hangs onto the ball.  He can also drive forward which he has shown in numerous games, and he gave us a perfect example of that today when late on in the game his driving run left him with a shooting opurtunity which he probably should have scored.

When Smith needed to go right back it showed everyone how important he is to the centre of the park.  As soon as he had gone from his original position we lost the work ethic from the midfield, and the grit and the determination.  And although when he slotted in for the injured Spillane Bristol had a bit of joy, he did a proffesional job and did all he could in a foreign position.

He deserves a break on Tuesday night in the Johnstone''s Paint Trophy so we can see what Adeyemi is like and so he can have a good rest and be fit for Carlisle.  Lets hope his from dosn''t dip and he dosn''t get injured because he is already a very, very important player for us.

I thought he was superb today - yet again ready to cover at right-back.

MOTM was a difficult choice today (they all did well) - I would have given it to Korey myself.

Certainly not more one footed than Wes, bigger than the club, is that a wind up?

[quote user="Rustys 1st Touch"]Too one footed for my liking. Oh and he thinks he''s bigger than the club[;)][/quote]... Cheeky bugger [;)]

[quote user="Rivvo"]Certainly not more one footed than Wes, bigger than the club, is that a wind up?[/quote]..... [:|]

Bets of the youngsters imo, always looks comfortable on the ball, wins the ball well in midfield and can spot and play accurately a killer pass.

I heard that Spurs scouts were looking at Rudd and Smith today - If they did come in for them, how much would you sell them for?

[/quote user="Rusty''s 1st Touch"]Too one footed for my liking. Oh and he thinks he''s bigger than the club[;)]
[/quote user="Rusty''s 1st Touch"]

I think that post a couple of days ago is the reason no one has replied!

[quote user="Dogger in 7th"]I heard that Spurs scouts were looking at Rudd and Smith today - If they did come in for them, how much would you sell them for?
[/quote]

Not sure, it would have to be a good price, I doubt they will though, and I doubt unless it is a really good price that Lambert would sell them anyway.

[quote user="Dogger in 7th"]I heard that Spurs scouts were looking at Rudd and Smith today - If they did come in for them, how much would you sell them for?
[/quote]

Wouldn''t yet. They both support the club so will enjoy playing for us. Earning money that is big, not just for there age so i don''t think they would mind staying. A few years time and they might be worth millions. Who knows?

Completely agree Boyo... apart from Holt I would say that young Korey has possibly been our best player so far this season.

Is great to see a young player who never gives up in matches, bites at the oppositions legs and has pace and ability... keep up the good work Korey [Y] I think that your enthusiasm is starting to rub off on your team mates and other young pro''s at the club.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

Bets of the youngsters imo, always looks comfortable on the ball, wins the ball well in midfield and can spot and play accurately a killer pass.

[/quote]

Bets? [:S] Can you bet on the youngsters? [;)]