Sign in to follow this  
hugoagogo

Slowest Wingers in league history?

As i watched tues nights game i wondered if we or indeed any other league side has ever fielded 2 slower wingers?

While Lappin has a touch of ability at this level he is very slow but in comparison to the fat,slow,over the hill waste of a shirt Mcveigh he looks like Usain Bolt!

Why is Chris Martin not playing right midfield ans on a postcard please?

Yup but please don''t tell me we are saying a european cup winners name in the same breath as messers Lappin and Weeble McVeigh ha ha Robertson/McVeigh same meat different gravy !

[quote user="hugoagogo"]Why is Chris Martin not playing right midfield ans on a postcard please?[/quote]Perhaps because he''s not a right winger.That would be my guess.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="hugoagogo"]Why is Chris Martin not playing right midfield ans on a postcard please?[/quote]Perhaps because he''s not a right winger.That would be my guess.[/quote]Didn''t do badly there for Luton though..

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="hugoagogo"]Why is Chris Martin not playing right midfield ans on a postcard please?[/quote]Perhaps because he''s not a right winger.That would be my guess.[/quote]Spent most of last season on the right for Luton.Apparently that is where he ''excelled'' for them.

I think he shoud start on saturday right wing, he''s looked very impressive imo whenever ive seen him there.

You''ve answered your own question .... McVeigh played right midfield .... Chris Martin is a right winger ...... It depends upon what the manager wants and when.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="hugoagogo"]Why is Chris Martin not playing right midfield ans on a postcard please?[/quote]

Perhaps because he''s not a right winger.
That would be my guess.
[/quote]
Didn''t do badly there for Luton though..
[/quote]

During his time at Luton he didn''t play on the wing, he played as part of a 3 man attack.

Martin is a striker, we have wasted too many strikers by playing them on the right wing, lets not make the same mistake with Martin.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I would take Lappins quality delivery over a speedy winger anyday.
[/quote]

Eeeeeeexactly!!!!!

Giggs being another perfect example! [:)]

hmmmm would this be the Giggs who used to run defences ragged in his youth on the wing?!?!?! :s :SThese days hes lost a bit of pace but is such a gifted footballer he can float in the centre-out to the flanks and pick a pass.Now Beckham would be a far better comparison...doesnt need to beat his man as has an excellent delivery, not that mr lappin is in the same class of course :P

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"]does it really matter that much if you can cross as well as Lappin can? and why not keep the defence the same and have Semmy right mid? Now he has got speed [/quote]

Wow yes, and let''s play Rudd up front ''cos he''s tall.

[quote user="hugoagogo"]David Beckham or Chubbs McVeigh. ha McVeigh would struggle for lynn[/quote]

Take it youre not a fan of McVeigh....

We''ve seen too many players that are quick with no end product.  At least we''re creating chances with McVeigh & Lappin out wide - and we''re not conceding many either

Stop moaning - youre worse than Wiz....

[quote user="hugoagogo"]David Beckham or Chubbs McVeigh. ha McVeigh would struggle for lynn[/quote]

Stop picking on players who have gifts you could only dream of and get behind the team, saddo.

Whaley is fast and is oon loan at Rochdale... what does that say about what Lambert thinks of him? It''s clear Lambert wants more pace as he is blooding young daley. However, if you have the skill and the precision in your last ball that Lappin does you don''t have to have the speed.I''d start Martin on the right today, pin their defence back.

[quote user="venta icenorum"]

Stop picking on players who have gifts you could only dream of and get behind the team, saddo.

[/quote]

Saddo?

I was not comparing my own football ability to Chubbs ,so i can''t voice a opinion without being called sad or worse compared to 1st wiz !

#i pay my money so i can say what i like and if your deluded following of chubbs when all i suggested was in my opinion a better alternative results in abuse you are the knob#circa Mcveigh mins on pitch last 2 games =NO GOALS ,Martin on the pitch 9 GOALS I REST MY CASE.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

Take it youre not a fan of McVeigh....

We''ve seen too many players that are quick with no end product.  At least we''re creating chances with McVeigh & Lappin out wide - and we''re not conceding many either

Stop moaning - youre worse than Wiz....

[/quote]

Well said BH... McVeigh and Lappin have both had positive impacts upon team performance since they have been involved in the team set up again under Lambert.

It is well known that Lambert wants to bring a winger or two with pace in, yet these two individuals will still have something to offer our squad while we are playing at this level in my opinion.

John Barnes and Chris Waddle were slow but had great skill. Also Beckham never had any pace but you don''t need pace if you can deliver a cross/free kick like him.

[quote user="hugoagogo"]As i watched tues nights game i wondered if we or indeed any other league side has ever fielded 2 slower wingers? While Lappin has a touch of ability at this level he is very slow but in comparison to the fat,slow,over the hill waste of a shirt Mcveigh he looks like Usain Bolt! Why is Chris Martin not playing right midfield ans on a postcard please?[/quote]

[quote user="hugoagogo"]As i watched tues nights game i wondered if we or indeed any other league side has ever fielded 2 slower wingers?

While Lappin has a touch of ability at this level he is very slow but in comparison to the fat,slow,over the hill waste of a shirt Mcveigh he looks like Usain Bolt!

Why is Chris Martin not playing right midfield ans on a postcard please?[/quote]School tomorrow better head to bed soon.

I just find your opinion on McVeigh a bit narrow minded, he is still a quality player. As you say, he hasn''t scored like the impressive Martin has, but I wouldn''t necessarily expect him to score that many playing on the wing. Neither would I expect them to be competing for one place. We need a decent squad and McVeigh is a good squad member to have around, he has the experience to balance the side too.

If he''s fit enough for Lambert to pick him then what has his weight/build got to do with it? Do you think he''s too short to play for Norwich too?

Bit of a stupid post to be honest, McVeigh has never been quick, his game has always been about technical ability and his passing ability.