Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Adam Drury

One of the un-sung heros?

He is very consistant, has supprisingly put in some very dangerous balls (and actually to the area where Holt/Martin is in, unlike Lappin and Hoolahan who mainly hit it to the back post and hope, and if there lucky McVeigh might just pop up to look silly...)

He has made no obvious (or at least damaging) mistakes at home this season, i don''t know about away games, and overall he is very solid, and unless he gets injured/suspended i don''t see Wiggins getting in the team.

If anyone still wants to come on here and say he is crap, can''t cross, can''t tackle ect, you really really really need to actually WATCH him, and not just assume.

I agree GP [:)]

Hes very consistent and has been for years, when hes been fit anyway.

I would also like to praise him for the fact that he seems one of the most honest player I know. When a free kick goes against him he doesnt (or not much anyway) argue with it, just gets on with it. It really annoys me when a player just stand there and argues with the ref, Its soooo much better to just get back, into position.  

But anyway, good post there [Y]

[quote user="Brendan"]

I would also like to praise him for the fact that he seems one of the most honest player I know. When a free kick goes against him he doesnt (or not much anyway) argue with it, just gets on with it. It really annoys me when a player just stand there and argues with the ref, Its soooo much better to just get back, into position.  

[/quote]

I agree as well.  What you''re describing is professionalism.  There''s no point arguing with the ref as it''s just a distraction.  Players who get on with the game and keep their focus are usually the better and more effective players.

Good post GP.  Drury has always been a good player but his main problem was injury followed by loss of confidence.  He seems to be getting back to his old self again  - Russell also had a good game today, and seems to have lost some of his headless chicken tendencies. 

You said he has put in some supprisingly dangerous balls.  I disagree with you there as I think he has always had that in his locker.  He used to overlap Huckerby countless times and deliver good balls.  The rest though I agree with! [:D]

Drury is Mr Consistent.  What really pees me off is when fans have a go at him for backing off.  Drury does a great job of holding off attackers, which allows our defence to get into position, rather than throwing himself into a tackle and leaving us exposed.  Come on the Jukebox.

i think a lot of it is having lappin in front of him..he can get forward with confidence now he hasn`t  got hucks or hoolahan leaving him exposed all the time  [:D]

Drury''s experiencing something of a revival this year. He had a dodgy game at Gillingham last Saturday - but other than that he''s been his usual, dependable self.

For the first time since we signed Huckerby, he has some protection in front of him. For the last five or six years, he''s been in the position of having two attackers bearing down on him - no wonder he backs off. He''s a really solid player who''s had no luck with injuries and it''s great to see him looking like the player he was in the play-off season.

drury''s been quality for years. very good signing from posh. I think yesterday is the only home game i remember him not getting a boot in his face! never gives up and never whinges. Good post! :-)

[quote user="Dicky"]Drury is Mr Consistent.  What really pees me off is when fans have a go at him for backing off.  Drury does a great job of holding off attackers, which allows our defence to get into position, rather than throwing himself into a tackle and leaving us exposed.  Come on the Jukebox.[/quote]Good point.

i disagree. i think he is 100% effort, and is good when supporting those going forward, but against good wing sides he does allow far too much soace for them to get the ball into the box and he is not very quick on the turn either. That said, aside from wiggins he is the best option ans he is probably at his level in league 1.

[quote user="Jacoljam"][quote user="Dicky"]Drury is Mr Consistent.  What really pees me off is when fans have a go at him for backing off.  Drury does a great job of holding off attackers, which allows our defence to get into position, rather than throwing himself into a tackle and leaving us exposed.  Come on the Jukebox.[/quote]Good point.[/quote]and i dont disagree with this point, standing them up is superb, but often 5e leaves a good 5+ yards to the attacker to get a ball in. he needs to shadow closer.

MIA when do you watch him?He rareley lets players get a cross in, and if someone is faster than him its just a matter of fact its human, if we had the tallest, fastest best technical side, we wouldn''t be in League 1.One example i remember is one of colchesters goals, and someone said Drury was at fault, he made a tackle, the ball went to the next colchester player, who got the cross in, but people seem to blame Drury because its his side, it doesn''t mean its his fault.....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]MIA when do you watch him?He rareley lets players get a cross in, and if someone is faster than him its just a matter of fact its human, if we had the tallest, fastest best technical side, we wouldn''t be in League 1.One example i remember is one of colchesters goals, and someone said Drury was at fault, he made a tackle, the ball went to the next colchester player, who got the cross in, but people seem to blame Drury because its his side, it doesn''t mean its his fault.....[/quote]every game buddy.  and yes he doesnt let everything through, i he did he would be otsemobor, but there have been numerous occasions when he has been camped on the edge of the 18 yard box, not needing to be taken on as the opposition can just put a ball in. Admittedly its less of an occurance now because of the standard, but it does still happen and he would get caught out still.

Yeah but one point i can come back with now, is what player doesn''t make mistakes?Even the best players in the world do game in game out, obviously defenceive mistakes are worse, as they quite often lead to the other team scoring...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yeah but one point i can come back with now, is what player doesn''t make mistakes?Even the best players in the world do game in game out, obviously defenceive mistakes are worse, as they quite often lead to the other team scoring...[/quote]all players make mistakes, of course they do. thats not a mistake though, its a technical flaw.

Jump him before the next game, wait outside the ground 8 horus before kick-off..... :P (just incase he gets there early...)

[quote user="Brendan"]

[/quote]

You got the excellent point, I recall even in the Premiership season, against Bolton away I recall when Adam made a fair tackle, all Bolton players surround him and the ref to complaint, and Adam just stand there to apologise, not react, it was hard for the fans to see that, but he was a clean player