Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Lambert - squad to small now!

You are right, but you have misunderstood.

He said the squad is too big as it contains too many professional youngsters who will never get a game. He is now referring to the group of professionals he could use as being too small.

But that doesn''t add up either because he''s using most of those youngsters and they''re doing good. If you look at the squad, Jed Steer and David Stephens are the only ones who haven''t played. And with the Spillane and Nelson injuries, even David Stephens could get a game in the next JPT game.

It''s actually more likely that some of the more seasoned professionals are the ones he''s not counting. But he has to at least give Gill, Whiggins and OTJ a chance when they''re back, even if we prob won''t see Maric or Theoklitos again.

Sam Habergham, Jed Steer, Dario Dumic, David Stephens, Damon Lathrope, Danny Kelly, Kris Renton

a lot of players who aren''t ready for 1st team football and then you''ve got Theoklitos and Maric who PL clearly doesn''t rate anywhere near the first team so it''s a pretty small squad of players.

I missed Habergahm, but none of those others you mention that i haven''t already are in the squad list - i took that to mean they are not on pro contracts.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/TeamHome/0,,10355,00.html