Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

Proof you can play football in this league..

The last two home games have been proof that you dont need to revert to route 1 to get places in this league. It was proven against Walsall that route 1 really is not our game. But when we get the ball down and knock it about like we have done the past two games i dont think there is a better team in this league for passing football.

You''re absolutely right mate and I''ve been banging on about it for ages as it annoys me immensely. The rules are the same in League One, so if you can find a more effective team than the opposition you are likely to win [:D]

It might just be me but i think more football is played in League1 than in the Championship.

Also in recent seasons a few teams have gone up playing really good football, Doncaster and Swansea for example.

In recent games at Carrow Road we''ve played teams off of the park, including 2nd and 3rd placed, Charlton and Bristol Rovers. There will be times particularly away from home where we''ll have to dig in and pick up points ugly without much football being played but with the likes of Doherty, Askou, Russell and Holt down the spine i think we can do that as well if needed.

[quote user="King Korey"]The last two home games have been proof that you dont need to revert to route 1 to get places in this league. It was proven against Walsall that route 1 really is not our game. But when we get the ball down and knock it about like we have done the past two games i dont think there is a better team in this league for passing football.[/quote]

Spot on!!! You can play good football in this league.....just have to explain that to Nutty Nigel now.[;)]

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="King Korey"]The last two home games have been proof that you dont need to revert to route 1 to get places in this league. It was proven against Walsall that route 1 really is not our game. But when we get the ball down and knock it about like we have done the past two games i dont think there is a better team in this league for passing football.[/quote]

Spot on!!! You can play good football in this league.....just have to explain that to Nutty Nigel now.[;)]

[/quote]

I''m struggling with this Arthur. Where have I ever suggested you can''t play football in this league?

I think sometimes you have to be brave to play football in any league. And of course poorer pitches and poorer weather conditions can be a great leveller. The fact that the 3rd and 4th round of the FA Cup are in January is probably the main reason for so many upsets over the years. Of course in these days there are not so many poor pitches, even in League One.

Why  did you think I thought differently Arthur?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

I''m struggling with this Arthur. Where have I ever suggested you can''t play football in this league?

[/quote]

Your comments after the Walsall hoofball game defending Lamberts tactics.

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What these you mean Arthur :-

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1837945/ShowPost.aspx

Are you feeling OK Arthur[:^)] Has Doris let you back on it again[B][B][B][B]

Moderation would be my tip[;)]

true!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What these you mean Arthur :-

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1837945/ShowPost.aspx

Are you feeling OK Arthur[:^)] Has Doris let you back on it again[B][B][B][B]

Moderation would be my tip[;)]

[/quote]

No not that thread, the one were you said you have to cant play attractive football in this league and i then pointed out that Charlton and Leeds seem to be doing alright from it, think it was after the Walsall game mate.

Well I don''t remember it Arthur my friend. For what it''s worth I think it''s probably easier to play football in this league than the Champs. From what I''ve seen there''s a huge difference in quality between the average teams in this league and the bottom of the Championship. Players are weaker and more easily beaten. It seems to me on what I''ve seen so far heads drop and it''s possible to go on to win games emphatically.

I didn''t for one moment think we had to play hoof ball against Walsall. It was just I felt they worked a couple of things out and we were left lacking in guile to make them think again. I was well disappointed after the game because it honestly was the most tedious 90 minutes I can ever remember watching but what''s happened since has made me forget it and become positive again. The first 20 minutes at MK Dons we absolutely dominated and I feel that if Hughes hadn''t been crocked, or we''d had Russell on the bench to replace him, we would have gone on to win that game.

I honestly can''t remember saying it Arthur but if I did I was wrong. I wonder if Charlton and Leeds really do play attractive football?