Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Celia Sutton

Would you buy a patch of the pitch?

Norwich City fans who earlier this season were asked not to reclaim their relegation rebate on season tickets are again being urged to dig deep into their pockets to buy a section of the pitch and help cash-strapped Carrow Road bosses.

Throughout the summer Norwich City have worked with Norwich-based company Stadium Squares and mapped out the Carrow Road pitch into over 9,000 square yards. Now Norwich City fans can stake a claim to their own square yard of the famous pitch, as seen on screen, from £25.

For full story see tomorrow’s Evening News or log onto www.eveningnews24.co.uk

What do you think? Email peter.walsh@archant.co.uk

Misleading headline, Celia.Try "would you pay between £25-£1,000 to "lease" a square of the Carrow Road pitch until December 2010 with nothing tangible to show for it except a poster and certificate?"The answer, of course is "yes, I was born yesterday."

See other thread - there are 3 on there who have already done it. As Dizzee Rascal would say - Bonkers!

Still they love their club and don''t mind being exploited, so God blass ''em.

It''s strange really because if this had been done in the summer of 2004 it would have sold out in a week. Sucess on the pitch would certainly have sold the pitch. How many thousand outside City Hall waiving their knickers at Delia? The shops were full and the tills ringing non-stop. No group of people welcome exploitation so readily as fans of succesful football teams. But nobody see''s through that same exploitation as easily as fans of failing football teams. Money''s always hardest to come by when you need it most. That''s the way of it.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Would it not be easier (and free) to nip down at midnight and just turf some up?
[/quote]

Someone might grass you up.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Are Norwich really that hard up seems the better story.................[;)][/quote]

The company behind this are doing the rounds of all clubs so i take it Colchester and Lincoln have refused to take part have they Cam?I am sure you will have already been briefed hey?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s strange really because if this had been done in the summer of 2004 it would have sold out in a week. Sucess on the pitch would certainly have sold the pitch. How many thousand outside City Hall waiving their knickers at Delia? The shops were full and the tills ringing non-stop. No group of people welcome exploitation so readily as fans of succesful football teams. But nobody see''s through that same exploitation as easily as fans of failing football teams. Money''s always hardest to come by when you need it most. That''s the way of it. 

[/quote]What do you think about the scheme itself?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Are Norwich really that hard up seems the better story.................[;)][/quote]

The company behind this are doing the rounds of all clubs so i take it Colchester and Lincoln have refused to take part have they Cam?I am sure you will have already been briefed hey?

[/quote]

No sign of it.  Wouldn''t work at Lincoln anyway especially with the team in its current state - and also there''s no money up there.  Colchester seem more interested in discount tickets as a way of raising revenue - that and stadium functions.  Colchester sold off the real turf at Layer Road.

[quote user="shefcanary"]See other thread - there are 3 on there who have already done it. As Dizzee Rascal would say - Bonkers! Still they love their club and don''t mind being exploited, so God blass ''em.[/quote]

As i said on the other thread about this, I have payed my £25 for a square in memory of my Grandad who supported the club for 80 + years,i''m not bonkers i''m just sentimental,he loved the club and turned me into the fan i am today,i have done it for him!!!!

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

No sign of it.  Wouldn''t work at Lincoln anyway especially with the team in its current state - and also there''s no money up there.  Colchester seem more interested in discount tickets as a way of raising revenue - that and stadium functions.  Colchester sold off the real turf at Layer Road.

[/quote]

I expect there''s a pecking order[;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

What do you think about the scheme itself?
[/quote]

I think it''s an excuse for people to part with money if thay want to do it. There''s a load of unnissued shares they could buy instead but I guess that doesn''t interest the smaller investors. It probably is a rip off but my old chum Phat is happy and I say good luck to him. It''s not like they''ve added it to the price of the season ticket, as far as i can see there''s no strings attached.

And.. I didn''t mean it about your holiday... it''s just my way [;)]

Missing you already.......

[H]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I expect there''s a pecking order[;)]

[/quote]

In that case we''ll have a long wait Nigel. [:P] 

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]Would it not be easier (and free) to nip down at midnight and just turf some up?[/quote]

Someone might grass you up.

[/quote]Once a copper always a copper!! [:)]Goss was really pushing it a bit on the Scrimmage mind!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]What do you think about the scheme itself?[/quote]

I think it''s an excuse for people to part with money if thay want to do it. There''s a load of unnissued shares they could buy instead but I guess that doesn''t interest the smaller investors. It probably is a rip off but my old chum Phat is happy and I say good luck to him. It''s not like they''ve added it to the price of the season ticket, as far as i can see there''s no strings attached.

And.. I didn''t mean it about your holiday... it''s just my way [;)]

Missing you already.......

[H]

[/quote][ap][ip][B][<:o)]Moving house, sadly.  No fun. No more match reports/ratings 10 minutes after full time - unlessIleave even earlier than normal  [:#]No offence taken, it was very amusing.  [|-)]Oops, I mean  [:P] [:D]Good luck with the PUPs [&][&][&][&][&][&][&][&][&][&][&]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Waiving ?.........I thought that only applied to rebates ?

Re the sales'' pitch '' on the pitch I agree with you Nutty that suckers for anything green and/or yellow would''ve been reeled in by the shed load during that fine summer of ''04

Mind you people seem happy enough to splash out a small fortune on club shirts every five minutes knowing full well that they''ve probably been made for pennies in some Far Eastern sweatshop - and I don''t mean Lowestoft - so don''t be too surprised to see lots of sheep grazing on this one for a few weeks to come......

Finally they''ve seen sense - you don''t need a pitch in this league anyway.  Just some pock-marked and cratered mud will do.  I do hope they will re-seed the pitch in the unlikely event that we promote though.  Them championship teams won''t like playing on a martian landscape.

[quote user="shefcanary"]See other thread - there are 3 on there who have already done it. As Dizzee Rascal would say - Bonkers! Still they love their club and don''t mind being exploited, so God blass ''em.[/quote]

Is it any worse than those of us who purchased a brick?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Waiving ?.........I thought that only applied to rebates ?

Re the sales'' pitch '' on the pitch I agree with you Nutty that suckers for anything green and/or yellow would''ve been reeled in by the shed load during that fine summer of ''04

Mind you people seem happy enough to splash out a small fortune on club shirts every five minutes knowing full well that they''ve probably been made for pennies in some Far Eastern sweatshop - and I don''t mean Lowestoft - so don''t be too surprised to see lots of sheep grazing on this one for a few weeks to come......

[/quote]

I reckon there''s a good few did wa(i)ve both[;)]

Seems pointless to me. You give the club some bunce and they give you a picture of the ground and a certificate?jesus. we are desperate. and some people are stupid. who ever buys the centre circle for a grand needs their head testing.

Exactly.  People can do what they like with their own money, but it makes it look as though the administrators are banging on the door even if they aren''t.

If things really are so desperate financially, does that mean there''s no buyout on the horizon whether from Sullivan, Foulger or anyone else? 

Err? if you ''buy'' a piece of the pitch, surely right of access applies, therefore, you should be able to get to it and stand there...........anytime you wish to........including during a game![;)]

If I could pitch up during a game with a barbeque and deck-chair I''d

fork out the 25 quid. How long before the club is selling jars of

genuine Carrow Road air?

[quote user="Marmite"]If I could pitch up during a game with a barbeque and deck-chair I''d fork out the 25 quid. How long before the club is selling jars of genuine Carrow Road air?[/quote]

Or Delia''s dung?[+o(]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Is it any worse than those of us who purchased a brick?

[/quote]

Agreed WAY, I''ve bought one of them...........its bloody high up too!