Sign in to follow this  
Muddy funster

Sorry to start a new thread but... Muddy's scores for Saturday

Firstly, my first home match of the season (I usually work saturdays in Cardiff!), and what a fantastic day. We showed spirit, talent and skill. Such a change from the latter part of last season. Also I must say, Bristol Rovers were very poor. Very poor. However....

Rudd - 7 Nothing much to do but did it well when needed

Spillane - 7 Very good, caught out of position once or twice but generally excellent. Shame about the hamstring....

Drury - 6 Hmmm, did well I suppose, but never strikes me as anything other than run-of-the-mill

Askou - 8.5 Was a total rock all through the game, I was very impressed

Doc - 8 Fair play to Ginger Pele, I was one calling for his head as well, and I''m not convinced long term, but didn''t put a foot wrong and seemed to outpace their strikers!!!

Lappin - 6 Was OK but seems like his best would only get him a 7. Tried deserately to do something but remained average

Russell - 7 Good on you Rusty, you did the dirty job that no-one wants to do and you did it well. Broke up the play and only gave the ball away twice

Smith - 8.5 Well, my first sight of Korey and I thought he was excellent. If only his late run would have produced a goal. He was very good in midfield and even better at right back when Spillane got injured!

Hoolahan - 8 Excellent apart from one thing. The Wes Hoolahan show that exists in his mind! Was our most creative outlet, gave it away a few times, but created so much. Just please pass the ball earlier!!! He must have had more ball time than any other player. Stop hogging it Wes, we know you''re good, just release people earlier and we''d score break away goals as well!

Martin 7.5 - Should really be an 8 but missed 2 very very good chances. Worked hard and linked up with Holt quite well. Great free kick.

Holt - 9 Sorry to be predictable, but Wow - Holty was MOM in every ones book surely. His headers and layoffs really were good. Some of them he had no right to get to ahead of the defender. When he has the ball in the area, you just feel we''re going to score. His 2nd was pure power and natural scoring ability. Class act.

What a brilliant performance - Thank you Mr Lambert!

Great banter from the Barclay and Snakepit, I loved it and so did Mrs Muddy!

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Firstly, my first home match of the season (I usually work saturdays in Cardiff!), and what a fantastic day. We showed spirit, talent and skill. Such a change from the latter part of last season. Also I must say, Bristol Rovers were very poor. Very poor. However.... Rudd - 7 Nothing much to do but did it well when needed Spillane - 7 Very good, caught out of position once or twice but generally excellent. Shame about the hamstring.... Drury - 6 Hmmm, did well I suppose, but never strikes me as anything other than run-of-the-mill Askou - 8.5 Was a total rock all through the game, I was very impressed Doc - 8 Fair play to Ginger Pele, I was one calling for his head as well, and I''m not convinced long term, but didn''t put a foot wrong and seemed to outpace their strikers!!! Lappin - 6 Was OK but seems like his best would only get him a 7. Tried deserately to do something but remained average Russell - 7 Good on you Rusty, you did the dirty job that no-one wants to do and you did it well. Broke up the play and only gave the ball away twice Smith - 8.5 Well, my first sight of Korey and I thought he was excellent. If only his late run would have produced a goal. He was very good in midfield and even better at right back when Spillane got injured! Hoolahan - 8 Excellent apart from one thing. The Wes Hoolahan show that exists in his mind! Was our most creative outlet, gave it away a few times, but created so much. Just please pass the ball earlier!!! He must have had more ball time than any other player. Stop hogging it Wes, we know you''re good, just release people earlier and we''d score break away goals as well! Martin 7.5 - Should really be an 8 but missed 2 very very good chances. Worked hard and linked up with Holt quite well. Great free kick. Holt - 9 Sorry to be predictable, but Wow - Holty was MOM in every ones book surely. His headers and layoffs really were good. Some of them he had no right to get to ahead of the defender. When he has the ball in the area, you just feel we''re going to score. His 2nd was pure power and natural scoring ability. Class act. What a brilliant performance - Thank you Mr Lambert! Great banter from the Barclay and Snakepit, I loved it and so did Mrs Muddy![/quote]

people just say the same thing about holt each week, but hoolahan was motm by far!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Firstly, my first home match of the season (I usually work saturdays in Cardiff!), and what a fantastic day. We showed spirit, talent and skill. Such a change from the latter part of last season. Also I must say, Bristol Rovers were very poor. Very poor. However.... Rudd - 7 Nothing much to do but did it well when needed Spillane - 7 Very good, caught out of position once or twice but generally excellent. Shame about the hamstring.... Drury - 6 Hmmm, did well I suppose, but never strikes me as anything other than run-of-the-mill Askou - 8.5 Was a total rock all through the game, I was very impressed Doc - 8 Fair play to Ginger Pele, I was one calling for his head as well, and I''m not convinced long term, but didn''t put a foot wrong and seemed to outpace their strikers!!! Lappin - 6 Was OK but seems like his best would only get him a 7. Tried deserately to do something but remained average Russell - 7 Good on you Rusty, you did the dirty job that no-one wants to do and you did it well. Broke up the play and only gave the ball away twice Smith - 8.5 Well, my first sight of Korey and I thought he was excellent. If only his late run would have produced a goal. He was very good in midfield and even better at right back when Spillane got injured! Hoolahan - 8 Excellent apart from one thing. The Wes Hoolahan show that exists in his mind! Was our most creative outlet, gave it away a few times, but created so much. Just please pass the ball earlier!!! He must have had more ball time than any other player. Stop hogging it Wes, we know you''re good, just release people earlier and we''d score break away goals as well! Martin 7.5 - Should really be an 8 but missed 2 very very good chances. Worked hard and linked up with Holt quite well. Great free kick. Holt - 9 Sorry to be predictable, but Wow - Holty was MOM in every ones book surely. His headers and layoffs really were good. Some of them he had no right to get to ahead of the defender. When he has the ball in the area, you just feel we''re going to score. His 2nd was pure power and natural scoring ability. Class act. What a brilliant performance - Thank you Mr Lambert! Great banter from the Barclay and Snakepit, I loved it and so did Mrs Muddy![/quote]

people just say the same thing about holt each week, but hoolahan was motm by far!

[/quote]

Agreed, although Holt did do very well.

Idon''t understand that logic, sorry - Holt was a class above on Sat.

Hoolahan is excellent - no question, but look at Fabregas with 4 assists on Sunday - he released the ball early with a killer pass.  That''s all I was saying.

agree with all that, except i prefer korey in the center of midfield, not at RB

Agree with most of it.

Imo Drury was more of a 7.

Did well at the back, and put in 1 or 2 very dangerous balls. Im not sure if it was Drury, but that header Martin missed in the second half from about 6 yards, unmarked. The ball for that one was very good.