Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

whats changed..?

we have lost one leauge game in the last eight under lambert . i would say that is nothing short of a miracle to be honest . we have the same players that took a complete hidding against colchester and the worst show of football i have seen for a long while . i know lambert is proving to be a good manager yet i fail to see how a manager can make that much of a impact on a team .they did not turn brilliant players over night .

what ever this man has done i have to take my hat off to him and his magic wand..!!! well done norwich makes a great change to see so many happy fans and big back to back wins as we have had this week (i cant remeber the last time norwich won 2 games on the trot scoring 4 goals a game or more)... well done lads may it continue for the rest of the season .!!!

Who''d have thought that appointing a manager with a decent reputation would have a positive effect on the team eh? Radical thinking in the Carrow Road board room. [;)]

i knew it would be for the better , yet the team he has got are not lamberts signings , it just shocks me how the performance of every player has improved that much .

He opted for a more solid balanced side (Bringing in Smith, Lappin, WLY etc) and made us hard to beat. The players who wern''t performing had a spell on the sidelines to show that they''re poor performances wouldn''t be tolerated.

Said players have since returned to the side and performed to the level we all knew they could, especially Hoolahan and suddenly things are looking up.

It''s about bloody time.

He has forged a midfield that can compete create and defend.  Smith has been the find of the season and compliments either Russell or  Hughes well.  They break up play well,  giving the back 4 protection that has not been in place for 3/4 seasons.

That is restoring confidence throughout the team and has been the platform for so few goals conceeded (not the personnel in the back 4) and as we saw yesterday is finally allowing our talented attackers freedom and movement to cause problems for our opponents rather than ourselves.

Could be any number of reasons I suppose, from playing a formation which suits the players to motivating them properly in the days leading up to the game. Whatever he''s doing it seems to be working. It''s just a shame we didn''t appoint him when Grim Roeder was given the boot. He might have kept us up. [Y]

Well, I had no doubt that the raw materials were there as I had a heavy bet on us at the beginning of the season for promotion. The biggest surprise was how wrong Gunn got it with the team selection, organisation, motivation and substitutions in the very first game.  All we ever needed was a decent manager and now we have one. Let''s hope that a top club does not come after him too soon.  

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Could be any number of reasons I suppose, from playing a formation which suits the players to motivating them properly in the days leading up to the game. Whatever he''s doing it seems to be working. It''s just a shame we didn''t appoint him when Grim Roeder was given the boot. He might have kept us up. [Y]
[/quote]

I''m in no doubt, had we appointed Lambert instead of Gunny we would still be in the Championship and in the top half, We have to thank our brave CEO for recognising the danger and stamping out the rott, pity he never joined us 2 seasons ago. O T B C   

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Who''d have thought that appointing a manager with a decent reputation would have a positive effect on the team eh? Radical thinking in the Carrow Road board room. [;)][/quote]Bingo.

Of course this is down to Lambert!  He has had the courage to drop players and he has installed a system in which no matter who you are if you play well you are in the team, if not your out.  This has got every player playing 100% as they know they are playing for their places.  He has also found players like Korey Smith from the youth set up and what a player he is turning out to be.  He has brought in players like Lappin and Russel who have helped us keep our shape and discipline.  He also has got the back four working as a unit which has shown with a couple of really solid performances.

I doubt Gunn would have done this.

[quote user="singing canary"]

we have lost one leauge game in the last eight under lambert . i would say that is nothing short of a miracle to be honest . we have the same players that took a complete hidding against colchester and the worst show of football i have seen for a long while . i know lambert is proving to be a good manager yet i fail to see how a manager can make that much of a impact on a team .they did not turn brilliant players over night .

what ever this man has done i have to take my hat off to him and his magic wand..!!! well done norwich makes a great change to see so many happy fans and big back to back wins as we have had this week (i cant remeber the last time norwich won 2 games on the trot scoring 4 goals a game or more)... well done lads may it continue for the rest of the season .!!!

[/quote]we have at long last appointed a FOOTBALL MANAGER!!! simples [:D]

[quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

Lambert has man-managerment skills, Gunn clearly didn''t.

The team is good enough to get back to the Championship, i will give Gunn that.

A few things :

1) There are some poor teams in division 1, it''s a totally different league to the championship where every one can beat everyone else. It''s a case of the have and have nots.

2) The uncertainty has gone, which we had under Gunn - we havea new manager no one going anywhere we are no longer one defeat away from a crisis.

3) The crowd, whether it''s Lambert honeymoon period or not. The 7-1 defeat was made worse by the crowd. Having 20000 on your side puts pressure on the opposition.

Could be any number of reasons I suppose, from playing a formation which suits the players to motivating them properly in the days leading up to the game. Whatever he''s doing it seems to be working. It''s just a shame we didn''t appoint him when Grim Roeder was given the boot. He might have kept us up.

I''m in no doubt, had we appointed Lambert instead of Gunny we would still be in the Championship and in the top half, We have to thank our brave CEO for recognising the danger and stamping out the rott, pity he never joined us 2 seasons ago. O T B C  

And I''m convinced if we had kept Nigel Worthington and not allowed Grant & Roeder to take us backwards at tremendous financial cost we would still be in the Championship

Of course this is down to Lambert!  He has had the courage to drop players and he has installed a system in which no matter who you are if you play well you are in the team, if not your out.  This has got every player playing 100% as they know they are playing for their places.  He has also found players like Korey Smith from the youth set up and what a player he is turning out to be.  He has brought in players like Lappin and Russel who have helped us keep our shape and discipline.  He also has got the back four working as a unit which has shown with a couple of really solid performances.

Well put, Boyo. I''d only add to it that we have had more than just "a couple" of solid performances from the defense, at least 5 clean sheets in league games.  So far so good. Hope this is for real and not just a honeymoon. I think it is for real. As someone else pointed out, we have a football manager with player handling skill, a combination we lacked with the last 3.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Well put, Boyo. I''d only add to it that we have had more than just "a couple" of solid performances from the defense, at least 5 clean sheets in league games.  So far so good. Hope this is for real and not just a honeymoon. I think it is for real. As someone else pointed out, we have a football manager with player handling skill, a combination we lacked with the last 3.

[/quote]

Something I can agree with, Houston

Three thing have changed, at least.Players have been given chances - so Smith, Spillane and latterly Martin are all now starting (I, and others, have said for some time that while youngsters may be light weight and inexperienced, they are less afraid to fail - Smith is the prime example.)We have a captain who leads by example - the never-say-die Grant HoltThe have some steel - personified by Lappin - already carded for fierce tacklingI have been a supporter of Gunny, and he did well in some of his signings - especially Holt, Hughes, Askou, but I have to doubt whether he would have been as willing to play youngsters in numbers, or whether he could have produced the steel.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Could be any number of reasons I suppose, from playing a formation which suits the players to motivating them properly in the days leading up to the game. Whatever he''s doing it seems to be working. It''s just a shame we didn''t appoint him when Grim Roeder was given the boot. He might have kept us up. [Y]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on.

Yes Lambert''s done very well with the squad Gunn built and since they both signed their new contracts this season they have both only lost one game each. Gives you something to think about?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST 

[quote user="BBFF"]

Yes Lambert''s done very well with the squad Gunn built and since they both signed their new contracts this season they have both only lost one game each. Gives you something to think about?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST 

[/quote]

Very funny point abouit the 1 loss each!