Sign in to follow this  
newboy

a view from bristol rovers fans

a couple of quotes taken from a BR message board,

"Also agree, the atmosphere Norwich fans generated today was incredible...we never had a chance of out singing that lot today!!! Deafening noise!!!"

"agree with all this their fans were very impressive "

"First of all, the Norwich City''s first chant from behind the goal made me jump, I have never ever heard a home side against the Rovers make so much noise as today, its was frightening at full pelt."

Fantastic to hear fans say this about us at carrow road, im sure it must have some effect on the away team,

OTBC

[quote user="Big Dog "]Nice to hear, but let''s remember, they''ve hardly played a big team in the past 30 years.[/quote]That''s a little unfair - they comment on how great the fans were, and you take a swipe at them.

[quote user="BlueJam"][quote user="Big Dog "]Nice to hear, but let''s remember, they''ve hardly played a big team in the past 30 years.[/quote]

That''s a little unfair - they comment on how great the fans were, and you take a swipe at them.
[/quote]

No, I am just saying what have they had to compare us to? Barnet?

They are decent fans too; but we shouldn''t get carried away - we should be making MORE noise.

OTBC.

That surprises me a bit, I''m sure I heard a few chants of ''4-1 and you still don''t sing'' from the away end on Saturday. In fairness Carrow Road does rock when the team are doing well but I have heard it said a few times that when things aren''t great on the pitch the noise drops significantly.

It''s been great to get a bit of the buzz back at Carrow Road isn''t it? The last few seasons have been a chore for the most part - it''s hard to get noisy when the team are so bad.

[quote user="Big Dog "]

[quote user="BlueJam"][quote user="Big Dog "]Nice to hear, but let''s remember, they''ve hardly played a big team in the past 30 years.[/quote]

That''s a little unfair - they comment on how great the fans were, and you take a swipe at them.
[/quote]

They are decent fans too; but we shouldn''t get carried away - we should be making MORE noise.

OTBC.

[/quote]

Leeds, Forest, Leicester, Man City and Seffield Wednesday are all teams who have been down here. Then there''s the FA Cup and league cup. So your right they have no one to compare us against.

Davo

I also like the view from some of their players too. Especially this one talking about Hooly. This is all the proof we need that he must be kept, even if his wages amount to two players on regular league one wages...

"He played in a free role behind the striker and, when you play in a position like that, it''s very hard to pick him up. Defenders are not sure whether to mark him and with him coming into midfield they have more men in there so it''s very hard to stop. I thought that Norwich deserved to win and we have to learn from our mistakes and our performance."

I am a little concerned though that if he keeps playing the way he is, the vultures will be circling in January. He''s really getting himself noticed.

[quote user="Davo"][quote user="Big Dog "]

[/quote]

OTBC.

[/quote]

Leeds, Forest, Leicester, Man City and Seffield Wednesday are all teams who have been down here. Then there''s the FA Cup and league cup. So your right they have no one to compare us against.

Davo

[/quote]

Little old Newcastle were also there not so long ago !!

[quote user="a1canary"]I also like the view from some of their players too. Especially this one talking about Hooly. This is all the proof we need that he must be kept, even if his wages amount to two players on regular league one wages... "He played in a free role behind the striker and, when you play in a position like that, it''s very hard to pick him up. Defenders are not sure whether to mark him and with him coming into midfield they have more men in there so it''s very hard to stop. I thought that Norwich deserved to win and we have to learn from our mistakes and our performance." I am a little concerned though that if he keeps playing the way he is, the vultures will be circling in January. He''s really getting himself noticed.[/quote]

LOL, Hoolahan''s a poor man''s Messi, i recall Vidic saying the exact same thing about Messi after the CL final in may.

Old Hoolahoop was great on Saturday I thought. It was the first home game I''ve managed to make this season, and it was brilliant to see City playing so well.

And at the same time, its nice to hear such comments from the Bristol fans. They did get us a few times with "4-1 and you still don''t sing". And to be fair, they were pretty loud on occasion but its good to see Carra Rud being so loud again!