Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Good morning Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends The Butler and Billy Dixon we have...

1/10 Barcelona (Inchy, Beaus, Pete, Tilly, Fellas, Shack, GMF, Davo)
1/5 Saltzberg (Fonejack, BigBob, Shaun, Trent Pboro)
1/5 Dinamo Zagreb (Mr Bump, Broadslim)
4/7 Partick (NCFCStar, Berks)
4/6 Queen of the South (Butler, Cam)
8/13 Mansfield (Wazzy)

Which will win for the Academy £57.02p.  As always I ran the same bet through one of the big bookies and the return would only be £45.63 which just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. Don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of us. So if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring!

So now it’s “game on” and we start with Mansfield, Partick and Queen of the South at 3pm, Barcelona kick off at 7pm, and then we will hopefully be undefeated overnight. On Sunday Saltzberg get underway at 5pm and hopefully all our hopes will be riding on the game in Croatia which kicks off at 7:15.

Good luck one and all ........[:)]...........

The odds on Patrick and Q.O.T.S are quite generous arn''t they? considering Barcelona are 1/10 to win and Almeria are probably more likely to get a result out of the game than Morton.....

I am sure I speak for all us PUPs when I say that this was such bad luck The Butler. Queen of the South looked nailed on but for some crazy reason decided to give away a 3 goal lead. They pulled back to 2-3 but time ran out before they could score another 2 goals. It was obvious to everyone how much effort you put into these selections but we have to accept we can''t win every week. Misfortune will always strike and I''m afraid it''s a fact of life that we will lose on more occasions than we win. I look forward to when you next have the chance to make the final selections my friend.

Unlucky Butler, better luck next time. As Nutty says, we cannot expect to win every week but as long as we give it our best shot and enjoy it then that''ll do.[;)]Now I''m off to watch a sunday league game and then to  put a lump of hard earned cash on Conduit in todays Arc.

Unlucky Butler, some funny results this week.  Q o T S ruined my accumulator this weekend as well, another team that I will never bet on again, Scotland is rarely a happy hunting ground.Here''s hoping that we can get on the winning track again next weekend.

Salzburg won 7-1!

Dinamo are winning 1-0.

It''s looking like another 5 from 6 which really is good and only a freak result has done you out of 6 from 6 Butler. 

Like Nutty has said we are doing a lot better now than we used to.  We have had quite a few 5 from 6''s, only failing to get all 6 because of freak result.  Nutty, do you have any stats on how many 5 from 6''s we have had, including those teams that have failed where victory seemed a certainty?

If this was easy, bookies wouldn''t be in business.[:)][Y]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Salzburg won 7-1!

Dinamo are winning 1-0.

It''s looking like another 5 from 6 which really is good and only a freak result has done you out of 6 from 6 Butler. 

Like Nutty has said we are doing a lot better now than we used to.  We have had quite a few 5 from 6''s, only failing to get all 6 because of freak result.  Nutty, do you have any stats on how many 5 from 6''s we have had, including those teams that have failed where victory seemed a certainty?

If this was easy, bookies wouldn''t be in business.[:)][Y]

[/quote]

Thanks for that I feel a lot less guilty than I did.

The worse bit was the one that let us down was MY selection.[:)]

Unlucky Butler it was a very tough week indeed. No liverppol or chelsea homw banker. Arsenal and Manure both had possibly tricky home games. Real Madrid loosing. Celtic Vs Rangers. I''m sure many of us would of done alot worse than a freak result of Morton beating QoS away from home! Still hopefully this''ll mean Billy will keep backing us for another week. I mean we don''t want to bleed him dry do we?

Davo

Now then The Butler. There is to be no “feeling guilty” because it was a tremendous effort.

Because we are so good at this now I am beginning to sense there is more pressure on the final selections. I feel we should remember that all this thread has ever asked is that we give our best for our club. We have had a good run of which we should all be proud but we should bear in mind the wise words of Broadslim. If this was so easy bookies wouldn’t be in business.

So The Butler joins the 5/6 club and to answer Broadslims question so far this season we have had 3 wins and 3 5/6’s in the 9 weeks. Astro got 5/6 and was only let down by Celtic. Angel got 5/6 and was only let down by Millwall and Muddy got 5/6 only let down by MK Dons.

62 picked this week with 45 getting their selections correct making a success rate of 73% which was slightly down on last week. Between us we gave The Butler 30 different naps to consider and 17 (57%) of those were correct. Which again was down on last week. Amazingly there are still 10 PUPs on 100% with 9/9 correct.

Salzburg winning 7-1 meant 3 PUPs kept their 100% record in style. But FC Honka took pride of place winning 9-0 to keep Norwich on 100%. Brendan managed to correctly pick Cardiff to win away and the fact it was 4-0 deserves a mention. But I’d like to make special mention to young Nana who lost his proud 100% record when Everton failed to beat Stoke. He bravely tried to give The Butler more options and is a real team player.

Here is the latest PUPs League showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks.

"PUP            Picks  %
Delia''s Devonshire.. 9-9 100
Fonejacker 9-9 100
Graham Humphrey 9-9 100
Hughesy 9-9 100
Leedscanary 9-9 100
Mr. Bump 9-9 100
NCFC_Shaun 9-9 100
nutty nigel 9-9 100
Pboro_Canary 9-9 100
Til 1010 9-9 100
Norwich 8-8 100
Shack Attack 8-8 100
North-east-canarie 5-5 100
Beauseant 8-9 89
I''m A Banana 8-9 89
NCFCStar 8-9 89
Norfolkbroadslim 8-9 89
Obiwancanary 8-9 89
Big Bob 8-9 88
Berkshire Canary 7-8 88
Gentleman Jim 7-8 88
Evil Monkey 6-7 86
Gazzathegreat 6-7 86
Legend Iwan 6-7 86
MacDougall''s perm 4-5 80
Panic 4-5 80
CanaryRyan 7-9 78
Cityangel 7-9 78
Cosmic Twin 7-9 78
Davo 7-9 78
Fellas 7-9 78
Inch High 7-9 78
Mandie Moo 7-9 78
Mister Chops 7-9 78
Norfolkchance1 7-9 78
Scrimmage 7-9 78
Sparkos 7-9 78
Trent Canary 7-9 78
Dion Dublin = Legend 6-8 75
Scooby 6-8 75
1st Wazzock 6-9 67
Blahblahblah 6-9 67
Diesel Doris 6-9 67
GMF 6-9 67
Gregt 6-9 67
Hissing Sid 6-9 67
methcanary 6-9 67
Newyorkcanary 6-9 67
Sports Desk - Pete 6-9 67
Yankee Canary 6-9 67
Brendan 4-6 67
Kathy 4-6 67
Astrodyne 5-8 63
City-Til-I-Die 5-8 63
Muddy funster 5-8 63
Canary Cherub 3-5 60
1Dartmoore 5-9 56
Camuldonum 5-9 56
The Great Drinkell 5-9 56
Yellow Fever (BBI) 5-9 56
Delia''s Recipe For... 3-6 50

Only just caught up with this because of router problems at home. Bad luck Butler, some weird results around this week!