Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now I nipped in to see Billy this afternoon and he is as cheerful as ever despite our three wins in September. I backed my regular loser while I was there so while the Free Bet may well be in profit nutty nigel certainly isn''t! The nag in question had just come in to 20/1 but Billy gave me 25''s such was his confidence in my tips!

Billy thought a Christmas get together would be a good idea too so we have set the date to the evening of Tuesday 29th December. Thankyou Angel for your wonderful suggestion of bringing some nibbles. I will provide some too. I''m sure we could all find a spare sausage roll or mince pie to bring.

And now on to my tip. It is a very difficult week this week with many top teams playing eachother in leagues all over Europe. My personal rule of not napping teams who play in European competitions midweek has made it even more difficult for me. However, leaving no stone unturned finally took me to the Swiss Super League where Young Boys of Berne are at home to Aarau. Young Boys are top W9 D1 L1 F26 A13. Aarau are bottom W1 D2 L8 F7 A26.

Young Boys      V       Aarau       Home Win

Simples[:S]

(As I''ve seen said) [;)]

Oh... and Mandie... Monday games are OK. I remember Ray doing one last year and I gave him stick all weekend while we waited for his result. It was good banter! Happy days.....................................

[/quote]

Now there''s a headline I thought I would never see on this or any other thread.

Nutty fancies Young Boys this weekend!!

I promise not to tell Lapp or Wazzy Nutty it''s our secret[:D]

[/quote]

I''m gonna have nightmares over this.

My Mum said going along to meet strange PUP''s might not be such a good idea. [:S]

A premiership game for me this week and its Man Utd to beat Sunderland.

Good luck Butler and fellow pups!

Good Luck Butler!

Welsh Cup weekend, and its only round 2 so lots of Welsh Premier teams against lots of part time pub teams. So should be easy pickings this week.

Llanfairpwll FC v RHYL - AWAY WIN

Leedscanary (Young Gun)

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Nothing more certain than a Barcelona victory (well maybe a Scum defeat but wouldn''t want to jinx Keane''s fantastic run).[/quote]

Pete, pleased to see you didn''t pick The Gas this weekend ;-)

Some tough looking fixtures this week, so, good luck The Butler, plus one and all.

My pick this week is:- Barcelona to beat Almeria

[quote user="GMF"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Nothing more certain than a Barcelona victory (well maybe a Scum defeat but wouldn''t want to jinx Keane''s fantastic run).[/quote] Pete, pleased to see you didn''t pick The Gas this weekend ;-)[/quote]

Starting to think I should have. Every time I do they lose!

Ok I have looked long and hard into the Butlers pantry that has been well stocked from all the PUPS this week.

I can only say that we have a very European flavour this week probably because of the difficult fixtures closer to home.

Nutty please check the spelling of the clubs for me as I am not sure if we have the English or European equivalents!

Billy is going to have a great task with odds on some of these but no doubt he will do us all proud as usual.

So with thanks to all PUPS here goes:-

Barcelona  v Almeria Home win  (The banker)

Red Bull Saltzberg v Austria Karten  Home win

Dinamo Zagreb v Vorteks  Home win

Partick Thistle v Airdrie  Home win

Queen of the South v Morton  Home win

Mansfield v Forrest Green  Home win

Resisted the temptation to select Young Boys and Nancy! (sorry Nutty)

Arsenal and Blackburn but I dont trust Big Sam!

That''s it will now shut myself in the pantry until it''s all over

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Sorry. I know I''ve missed the deadline again but its hard to keep track when you are 8 hours ahead

For what its worth I was going to stick my neck out this week and say

Barnet v. Grimsby = HOME WIN

Good luck Butler, sorry not able to place my bet before now! Nutty can you put me down for an Arsenal win please?

Also will look forward to the xmas meeting, will you or your son be providing the music though? My attendance depends on your answer!

Well done The Butler, what a great set of picks these are. They must surely have all come from the top shelf in your pantry. We must have an outstanding chance of another winning week and it can only be bad luck that could stop us now. I will get these to Billy and post the odds on here in the morning.

Gazza - He can''t take away the music because I play the songs that make the whole world sing[8][8][B][B][;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well done The Butler, what a great set of picks these are. They must surely have all come from the top shelf in your pantry. We must have an outstanding chance of another winning week and it can only be bad luck that could stop us now. I will get these to Billy and post the odds on here in the morning.

Gazza - He can''t take away the music because I play the songs that make the whole world sing[8][8][B][B][;)]

[/quote]Or the might of Almeria!!!!!

Apologies to Butler for not posting earlier to assist selection, been very busy.

For the record Nutty, can you stick me down for Feyenoord, home win vs RKC.

This has now taken 25mins to post.  PLEASE SORT IT WEB TEAM!!!

We''re going to have to hope that the might of Almeria mightn''t happen this week GP[;)]

In days gone by I have had to hope for an ipswich win for the good of the free bet. Now that was some sacrifice and I feel decidedly sick now just thinking about it[+o(]

If I can do it you can my friend[:)][;)]

nutty, just wondering, when we win the bet, do we get the £10 included or does billy keep the £10 stake?

im guessing as it is a free bet we would let billy keep the £10 as he gives it free.

We get the winnings Nana. The £10 is a figure that''s used to calculate those winnings. It never really exists because the bet is free.

Apologies for being late this week.

Back to Croatia where the Dynamo Zagreb home train won''t come to a halt against Varteks.

Dinamo Zagreb vs. Varteks Varazdin - Dinamo to win

Good luck everyone, best of luck Butler[Y][:)]

I haven''t had alot of time this week to pick my nap so this week I''m going for:

Barcelona Vs Almeria - Home Win.

Davo