Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

As has been said, a tough week for fixtures this week. So, its Germany for me and

Bayer Leverkusen v FC Nurnburg - Home Win

Leverkusen are 2nd in the Bundesliga and are unbeaten in 7 games this season, Nurnburg yet to win away from home.

We''re on a roll at the moment (collectively anyway, I''ve had a terrible start!!!!), so good luck again to all PUPs and especially the good Butler.

This week im going for EVERTON to beat Stoke at home!

The great drikell  has said that i choose the big teams too much so i''ve decided to take a slight risk with everton, with a poor start they seem to have turned the corner, and stoke i just cant judge whether they will play well or not!

EVERTON to beat Stoke - home win!

Must first add my congratulations to Fonejacker last week, and wish The Butler the very best for this week. As is my want I don''t really like repeating tips and also like to look outside the obvious this week is no exception[H]

Derby County V''s Sheffield Wednesday Away Win

Never easy to predict in the championship but Derby seem to be in a real loss of form whilst my inside information tells me Wednesday are playing well.

I only had to look at one leagues fixtures to decide which game I was going to pick this week. RB Salzburg are top of the austrian league with 20 points, whilst their opponents, Austria Karnten, are bottom with only 4 points. RB Salzburgs'' last game was a 2-1 away win, at Austria Karnten. So a home win shouldn''t be a problem.

RB Salzburg V Austria Karnten - Home win.

My new internet connection has a block on it, meaning I cant visit any bookies websites, must work out how to take it off...Anyway, Red Bull Salzburg v Austria Karnten looks like the best match to me. I used RBS a few times last season and they came in every time.

It''s tough this week isn''t it? After scouring the coupon for some time I''ve come up with Barnet, who are having a very decent season to beat Grimsby at home. Grimsby lost at Chesterfiled last night and are really struggling.

So, Barnet vs Grimsby - Home Win.

Good luck Alfred [Y]

This week I will join NCFC Star and agree that Partick Thistle will beat Airdrie, Partick are currently third in the league and have started strongly at home whereas Airdrie are rock bottom having picked up a solitary point on the road. It is also worth noting that Partick are yet to conceed a league goal at home and have scored 7 in 3 games.

Partick Thistle v Airdrie United - Home Win

Good luck Butler, heres hoping our great start to the season continues!!!!

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

I only had to look at one leagues fixtures to decide which game I was going to pick this week. RB Salzburg are top of the austrian league with 20 points, whilst their opponents, Austria Karnten, are bottom with only 4 points. RB Salzburgs'' last game was a 2-1 away win, at Austria Karnten. So a home win shouldn''t be a problem.

RB Salzburg V Austria Karnten - Home win.

[/quote]

Can''t argue with that analysis - I will hop on the Salzburg bandwagon!

Man Utd v Sunderland - Home win for me!  This is surely a banker, I am sure I''m wrong, but I didn''t see anyone else pick it!!!!

I''m leaving Wales for Norwich tomorrow just in time to watch the Bristol Rovers match on Saturday - can''t wait. 

Good luck this week Butler!
Muddy

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Just for a change I''ll go for a game in Scotland and Dundee to beat Annan Athletic in the prestigious ALBA Challenge Cup semi-final on Sunday.[/quote]Is that ALBA as in "a CD micro system for £20?"

I assumed it was, but apparently it is actually MG ALBA, the operating name of the Gaelic Media Service (whatever that is).

Can you believe I just spent the time looking that up on Wikipedia? What an exciting life I lead.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]

Man Utd v Sunderland - Home win for me!  This is surely a banker, I am sure I''m wrong, but I didn''t see anyone else pick it!!!!

[/quote]

No you''re not wrong, maybe people are spooked by the Steve Bruce factor I know I was . . .

Now I nipped in to see Billy this afternoon and he is as cheerful as ever despite our three wins in September. I backed my regular loser while I was there so while the Free Bet may well be in profit nutty nigel certainly isn''t! The nag in question had just come in to 20/1 but Billy gave me 25''s such was his confidence in my tips!

Billy thought a Christmas get together would be a good idea too so we have set the date to the evening of Tuesday 29th December. Thankyou Angel for your wonderful suggestion of bringing some nibbles. I will provide some too. I''m sure we could all find a spare sausage roll or mince pie to bring.

And now on to my tip. It is a very difficult week this week with many top teams playing eachother in leagues all over Europe. My personal rule of not napping teams who play in European competitions midweek has made it even more difficult for me. However, leaving no stone unturned finally took me to the Swiss Super League where Young Boys of Berne are at home to Aarau. Young Boys are top W9 D1 L1 F26 A13. Aarau are bottom W1 D2 L8 F7 A26.

Young Boys      V       Aarau       Home Win

Simples[:S]

(As I''ve seen said) [;)]

Oh... and Mandie... Monday games are OK. I remember Ray doing one last year and I gave him stick all weekend while we waited for his result. It was good banter! Happy days.....................................

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now I nipped in to see Billy this afternoon and he is as cheerful as ever despite our three wins in September. I backed my regular loser while I was there so while the Free Bet may well be in profit nutty nigel certainly isn''t! The nag in question had just come in to 20/1 but Billy gave me 25''s such was his confidence in my tips!

Billy thought a Christmas get together would be a good idea too so we have set the date to the evening of Tuesday 29th December. Thankyou Angel for your wonderful suggestion of bringing some nibbles. I will provide some too. I''m sure we could all find a spare sausage roll or mince pie to bring.

And now on to my tip. It is a very difficult week this week with many top teams playing eachother in leagues all over Europe. My personal rule of not napping teams who play in European competitions midweek has made it even more difficult for me. However, leaving no stone unturned finally took me to the Swiss Super League where Young Boys of Berne are at home to Aarau. Young Boys are top W9 D1 L1 F26 A13. Aarau are bottom W1 D2 L8 F7 A26.

Oh... and Mandie... Monday games are OK. I remember Ray doing one last year and I gave him stick all weekend while we waited for his result. It was good banter! Happy days.....................................

[/quote]

Now there''s a headline I thought I would never see on this or any other thread.

Nutty fancies Young Boys this weekend!!

I promise not to tell Lapp or Wazzy Nutty it''s our secret[:D]

As I''m on the crest of a slump, this week I''m resorting to my trusty rusty old pin. It''s taken me to Div2 where Chesterfield are at home (4 1 0 11 5 ) to Accrington Stanley (1 1 3 5 8) Seems good to me, if you get the point! So.................

Chesterfield v Accrington Stanley..........Home win.

Good luck Butler. [Y]

[quote user="The Butler"]

Now there''s a headline I thought I would never see on this or any other thread.

Nutty fancies Young Boys this weekend!!

I promise not to tell Lapp or Wazzy Nutty it''s our secret[:D]

[/quote]

Will it be

"The Butler accepts nutty''s offer of Young Boys this weekend"

OR

"The Butler considered nutty''s Young Boys but preferred to go elsewhere this time"

Only you can decide[:O]

[;)]

I''m gonna go for Barcelona to beat Almeria! 5 from 5, +14 GD, awesome at home, Almeria poor travellers etc.!Good luck Mr. Butler! [Y]Good luck PUPS! [B]

Sticking with Europe this week and going for:

PSG v Nancy  -  HOME WIN

Good Luck to The Butler and all you lovely PUPs[:D][Y]

Great idea for another get together over the Xmas holiday. In my diary already!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Now Nutty you might regret telling me that!!  [:D]

Regarding a get together over Christmas, sounds like fun - and Mum [Diesel Doris] is fantastic at home-made cheese scones and sausage rolls [<:o)] [hope she doesn''t mind me saying that - she''ll be busy enough doing Christmas Dinner!!] and I might even be able to stretch to some turkey risotto!!  [H]

Seeing as I''ve got 7/8 from the BSP this season, I''ll stay there I think. This week it''s Barrow v Oxford Utd - AWAY winGood luck pups and Butler

A difficult decision this week, I keep changing my mind!

But will go for a home win for Turriff Utd v. Fort William in the Highland League.

Turriff are W2 D0 L1 F9 A5 at home and Fort William are W0 D0 L4 F1 A22 away from home.

Good Luck, Butler!