Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week nine of the free bet season. This week it’s our good friend The Butler in charge and making the final selections. The Butler has been a regular with us for a long time and it''s a pleasure to do this introduction for him. We all know how the Free Bet has raised close to £750 for the Academy but there is another side to this too. Over the last couple of years we have had lots of Pickers Meets where some of us PUPs have got to know each other. One of the highlights of these for me was getting to meet The Butler and spend time in his company. Always a smile, always something interesting to say and a proper City fan too. The Butler comes into his week in good form too, only a surprise defeat for Chelsea ended his latest winning run.

But as always, if The Butler is to be successful he will need all our help as we post our very best naps for his consideration. Between us we are getting quite good at that, we gave Fonejacker 20 correct naps last week and that''s becoming the norm. I can''t emphasise enough how much help that is to the PUP in charge for the week. As I said before I can remember when we wouldn''t even manage 6 correct naps between us.

Now it has been suggested that we should have a PUPs get together over Christmas.[B] I can imagine that it will be difficult to find a date because of other commitments. But I had a thought that maybe some of you exiled PUPs could be ''home for Christmas'' and may like to meet up. Anyway, my suggestion is we could maybe go for the evening of one of 28th, 29th or 30th December. Anyone who has any preferences or other thoughts please leave them with your selection or PM me.

So I’ll hand the free bet over to The Butler now. There’s no pressure, because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. No blame and no shame on the free bet pages.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Chris... the free bet is yours.........[:)]....

As always I leave you with Ray''s signature that now reads ; -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker, yes Norfolkchance1 £742 for the Academy,so far.

I know I''m going to regret this but I can see no further than........Barcelona v Almeria......Home win.

Good luck to our friend Butler, lets have another winning week.[Y]

Good luck to you Butler, the last few weeks I''ve been heading out onto the continent, but this week I am going to stick in the UK and go with:PARTICK THISTLE vs Airdrie - HOME WINPartick are 3rd, after a great comeback win against Inverness the other day, whilst Airdrie are bottom with only 2 points from 7 games.Good luck once again Butler, and to all the PUP''s this week.

Will get mine in early this week,

I have been looking accross some of the Europe leagues, went to Germany, and saw

Hertha Berlin vs Hamberg, and it just looks like one of those clear cut ones, Hamberg Sitting top of the league, Hertha at the bottom....

So i am going with Hamberg, to win :D

Good luck The Butler.....

I am going to Holland this week with a Feyenoord Rotterdam HOME WIN over RKC Waalwijk. If Rotterdam (4th in table) chokes at home vs Waalwijk who are at the foot of the table and have only scored 3 times away from home all season, then I''ll know its not my year.

Having just been in Spain I''ve got to agree with Inchy. Barca look unstoppable at present, particularly at home, so I''m going for Barcelona v Almeria HOME win.

Incidentally, I was in Malaga on Saturday so went to the stadium to see if I could get tickets for the game with Barca that night. The CHEAPEST seat was 100 Euros, compared to their normal top price of 60, and they went up to 170!

Best of luck Butler, I have every faith in you! And, of course, good luck to all the Pups, let''s keep the run going! Oh, and and congrats to Wazzy and Fonejacker for their wins in my absence!

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]I know I''m going to regret this but I can see no further than........

Barcelona v Almeria......Home win.

Good luck to our friend Butler, lets have another winning week.[Y]
[/quote]

Oh dear :P we can''t have that (well thats why i didn''t pick them this week.....)

FC Honka vs RoPs - HOME WIN...

I have been with FC Honka twice this season and they are yet to let me down.

FC Honka are sitting nicely placed in 3rd position with 36 points from 20 matches and are now just 2 points off top spot. They also have the top GD in the league with 20.

On the other hand, RoPS have taken 15 points from 20 games having taken just 4 points from 33 available away from home. They have the 2nd worst GD in the league with -19 and are on a poor run of form.

For me this is a no brainer, but you may think differently.

Good Luck mate.

Nothing more certain than a Barcelona victory (well maybe a Scum defeat but wouldn''t want to jinx Keane''s fantastic run).

Whilst I don''t profess to know too much about the Austrian league, this one in particular stood out for me. Top of the league Red Bull Salzburg are pitted against bottom placed Austria Karnten. Since the start of the season, Karnten have picked up 4 pints from 27, and none of those have been from away matches. So.......Red Bull Salzburg vs Austria Karnten - home winGood luck The Butler, you will do us proud I''m sure!

I''m going to go for a Saturday fixture this week [[:D] sorry Nutty!!]

Bayer Leverkusen -v- Nurnburg  HOME WIN

Leverkusen haven''t lost so far this season and Nurnburg have only won once - and that was at home.

Good Luck to The Butler and here''s hoping for lots of picks for your pantry!  [:D][;)]

Sorry I meant to write "it has to be Arsenal to beat Blackburn for my nap this week"

I got a little sidetracked and didn''t quite finish the first sentence the way I wanted.

Arsenal to beat Blackburn, good luck Butler.

Nutty - Xmas meet up sounds like a great idea, if its at the usual place would you like me to bring some nibbles along?

Surely Barcelona at 1/20 on and Almeria at 11/1 makes it not worth looking any further for a banker home win.Barcelona it is then please Nutty and good luck Butler.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Surely Barcelona at 1/20 on and Almeria at 11/1 makes it not worth looking any further for a banker home win.Barcelona it is then please Nutty and good luck Butler.[/quote]

Blimey United going 1-0 down made me lose the plot.Barcelona are 1/10 on and Almeria are 20/1 so still Barcelona for me.

Thanks for that great intro Nutty and for all the wishes from the PUPS

You do not appreciate the pressure until all those wishes come rolling in.[:D]

The Butlers pantry was very bare last week so I will do my best to rectify it.

My own selection is Queen of the South home to lowly Morton in Scottish Div 1. Home win

PLEASE keep all those naps rolling in as I need all the help you great PUPS can give.

Hope, after much deliberation to select Friday Night.

Sheffield United (home win) are unbeaten at home so far, 3-2-0, 11 goals for 8 against at home.  Doncaster have yet to win away so far, 0-3-2, 4 for, 8 against away.  Some might say this is a recipe for a draw, but I think the Blades will pip it.

I think Barcelona to beat Almeria is a home banker, but I''ll give you something different to think aboutDinamo Zagreb to beat VarteksDinamo are 5 from 5 at home at the moment, and have scored 28 and conceded 1.