Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

jamie off to lincoln ..?

John Deehan the Norwich chief Scout, has been happy to recommend a few players to Chris Sutton, though the most likely will be the mercurial Jamie Cureton, a man very much in the Jamie Forrester mould. Standing just 5 foot eight he has scored regularly at each of the seven clubs he has been at, most notably Reading and Bristol Rovers. He has also always been prolific whenever he has gone on loan but looks as if he will start and finish his career at Norwich. Anyone doubting his stardom status take note, uniquely whilst at Reading, Jamie had a newly discovered star in the ''Perseus'' constellation named after him. The whispers are that the 34 year old will be here on loan very shortly despite him scoring the fifth goal as the Canaries hammered his old club 5-1 yesterday.

Cureton is struggling to get past Cody McDonald, Grant Holt, Goran Marić and Chris Martin this season and joined Barnsley on a 3-month loan deal last term. As we all know Jamie is a name that will always pull the heart chords of Imps and should the loan deal come off it would be a great marriage of convenience for both clubs.

[quote user="singing canary"]
John Deehan the Norwich chief Scout, has been happy to recommend a few players to Chris Sutton, though the most likely will be the mercurial Jamie Cureton, a man very much in the Jamie Forrester mould. Standing just 5 foot eight he has scored regularly at each of the seven clubs he has been at, most notably Reading and Bristol Rovers. He has also always been prolific whenever he has gone on loan but looks as if he will start and finish his career at Norwich. Anyone doubting his stardom status take note, uniquely whilst at Reading, Jamie had a newly discovered star in the ''Perseus'' constellation named after him. The whispers are that the 34 year old will be here on loan very shortly despite him scoring the fifth goal as the Canaries hammered his old club 5-1 yesterday.

Cureton is struggling to get past Cody McDonald, Grant Holt, Goran Marić and Chris Martin this season and joined Barnsley on a 3-month loan deal last term. As we all know Jamie is a name that will always pull the heart chords of Imps and should the loan deal come off it would be a great marriage of convenience for both clubs.

[/quote]

Seems to be ahead of Cody and Maric in the eyes of Lambert at the moment and actually scoring goals.  Yesterday''s was a class finish like the sort of goal he scored a few of seasons ago.  Can''t see him going anywhere at the moment myself.

and scoring pretty much as soon as he gets on the pitch , dont know what it is about lambert he seems to be bringing the best out of the players that were considered dead wood .

[quote user="singing canary"]i was thinking that , i got that from the lincoln web site .. someone is telling porkies then!!! [/quote]

Not exactly, if you read it carefully it doesn''t actually say he has recommended him.

Wishful thinking by Lincoln City imo - which isn''t to say they won''t get him, they''ve certainly made their intentions clear.  I actually quite like Lincoln although I''ve only been past Sincil Bank not inside.  I wish them well.

I think that Cureton''s place is on the bench, and that Holt and Martin are the starters. Even though he has managed to come off the bench and score goals in injury time in his last two appearances, I think he''s a bit too old now

The two names most being bandied about at the Lincoln end are Cody and McVeigh.  Neither club will confirm any of it but Lincoln say that Lambert and Sutton talked last week after Sutton''s appointment and Lambert said it might be possible to let Imps "have a couple of loan players."

It would not surprise me if one or two went that way from Colchester as well - Jamie Guy being a major candidate I would think.  Sutton and Boothroyd know each other quite well and Sutton has been coaching at Colchester Academy from time to time as part of earning his badges.

I would lend them Cody Mc for 1 or maybe 3 months, he could get some real game time and experiance and come back and boost up. Maybe they could have Maric too, he needs game time, fitness, confidence and a bit of passion.

I wouldn''t give them Curo, I have always said he will be an important squad player.

If Lincoln can afford his hefty wages, then let him go. As it''s very unlikely, I''d be surprised if this goes any further.

[/quote]

I think one of the ballboys is currently ahead of Goran Maric...................

Cureton is struggling to get past Cody McDonald, Grant Holt, Goran Marić and Chris Martin this season
[/quote]

How do you figure that one out mate? Cureton is ahead of Cody and maric if you actually look at who has been playing.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

The two names most being bandied about at the Lincoln end are Cody and McVeigh.  Neither club will confirm any of it but Lincoln say that Lambert and Sutton talked last week after Sutton''s appointment and Lambert said it might be possible to let Imps "have a couple of loan players."

It would not surprise me if one or two went that way from Colchester as well - Jamie Guy being a major candidate I would think.  Sutton and Boothroyd know each other quite well and Sutton has been coaching at Colchester Academy from time to time as part of earning his badges.

[/quote]

Lambo was with Sutton at Celtic and has said that Sutton should contact him regarding loans...........but only our youngsters apparently.

[quote user="Dronny Canary"]

[/quote]

Seems to be ahead of Cody and Maric in the eyes of Lambert at the moment and actually scoring goals.  Yesterday''s was a class finish like the sort of goal he scored a few of seasons ago.  Can''t see him going anywhere at the moment myself.

[/quote]A class finish? Don''t be silly. He leans so far back everyone thought he''d put it over the bar (including him - look at his reaction) and it was only because he actually miskicked it that it went in. Way off the pace, and we don''t need him.

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="Dronny Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]A class finish? Don''t be silly. He leans so far back everyone thought he''d put it over the bar (including him - look at his reaction) and it was only because he actually miskicked it that it went in. Way off the pace, and we don''t need him.[/quote]

His reaction was out of respect for the Bristol Rover fans, a former club, respect, something you''ll never know about!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="Dronny Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]A class finish? Don''t be silly. He leans so far back everyone thought he''d put it over the bar (including him - look at his reaction) and it was only because he actually miskicked it that it went in. Way off the pace, and we don''t need him.[/quote]

His reaction was out of respect for the Bristol Rover fans, a former club, respect, something you''ll never know about!

[/quote]

Yep, Jamie was born near Bristol and grew up as a Rovers fan. He signed for them from Norwich and had a brilliant scoring record with them. So he was showing respect. He also clapped their fans at the end of the game.