Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Doherty and Holt make League One Team of the Week

Yes Williams of Crewe and Carlisle.

Hasn''t put a foot wrong for us so far this season and has made some great stops - magnificent save against Charlton near the end on Tuesday night.  Best kicking keeper Colchester have had for a long time and great with crosses.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Yes Williams of Crewe and Carlisle.

Hasn''t put a foot wrong for us so far this season and has made some great stops - magnificent save against Charlton near the end on Tuesday night.  Best kicking keeper Colchester have had for a long time and great with crosses.

[/quote]not a bad keeper from what i recall of him. he was once tipped for great things i believe but hasnt stepped up much yet. he isnt exactly old mind?and that white,. is he a club product?

Quite funny really.  When we bought Williams we had a lot of Carlisle fans on saying he was useless and  "drops everything" but he''s been a real find for us.  He''s 26.  The other thing he has done is given the defence a lot of confidence which, as you know, a reliable keeper can do.

Johnny White is a club product through the youth system but unfortunately one of Lambert''s "Siberia Six" and completely frozen out.  Aidy brought him back in and he''s doing very well at left back.  Shut out the Huddersfield men on his side on Saturday and probably motm.  He is a great "club" man as well which is nice and not so common these days.

And thoroughley deserved on both counts. Particularly pleased to see Doc''s endorsement as the League''s best CH last week.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Quite funny really.  When we bought Williams we had a lot of Carlisle fans on saying he was useless and  "drops everything" but he''s been a real find for us.  He''s 26.  The other thing he has done is given the defence a lot of confidence which, as you know, a reliable keeper can do.

Johnny White is a club product through the youth system but unfortunately one of Lambert''s "Siberia Six" and completely frozen out.  Aidy brought him back in and he''s doing very well at left back.  Shut out the Huddersfield men on his side on Saturday and probably motm.  He is a great "club" man as well which is nice and not so common these days.

[/quote]he had appalling luck at clubs previously, getting stuck behind was it ince? at crewe and then westwood for a while. he never had a long run of games in truth. but he is a very good shot stopper. at 26 he should be beginning to show what he has got.

I thing I like about Williams is the way he commands his area - he misses very few crosses and you can hear his calls in Chelmsford.  And he is always barking orders to the defence.  The other funny thing about the lad is his celebrations when we score - it''s like watching the most fanatical supporter.[:D]

You can see they have confidence in him - if he bellows "keepers" or "leave it" they do what they are told.  He said recently that Carlisle didn''t have a goalkeeping coach but Colchester do and it had improved his game he felt.  He''s certainly been a key player so far this season.

[quote user="Big Bob"]Not including the Doc and Holt, i''ve only heard of Revell and Henry
[/quote]

a couple of seasons ago i was watching Revell playing for Braintree.

although he was their best player i never thought i''d see a former Braintree player line-up against NCFC.

I know non-league players do make the grade but its a sad reminder on how much we''ve fallen