Sign in to follow this  
First Jedi

Bob Franklin loves to hear how bad Gunn was!

Lets face it, people on here don''t really dislike Gunn - not in the same way Roeder or Grant are disliked/hated/reviled. Gunn will always be respected as a great player (how many caps for us? 470-odd? Something like that anyway. Legend!) but very few people have any illusions of him as a manager - but equally, they don''t carry rest the blame for him being bad on his shoulders. We did, all, what him to succeed. Most of the blame for his appointment and failure lies with Delia, and was corrected with her appointing McNally who in turn bit the bullet.

The weird thing is this - while there is very little anti-Gunn posts on this MB, every time Bob Franklin posts of one of his silly, totally biased and un-balanced views on Gunn, everyone else, who''d never normally dream of slagging off the legend of Gunn, feels oblibiged to try and balance Franklin''s warped opinion, with post after post after post after post of anti-Gunn opinion. It''s the only way to remain sane having read one of Franklin''s posts.

As it stands - I can only assume that Franklin *loves* to read about Gunn being so bad - why else does he deliberately go out of his way to encourage so much anti-Gunn sentiment? There would be very little without him around.

[quote user="if I promise to behave"]I don''t see why Grant should be reviled. He''s a good coach, but resigned when he realised he was not cutting it as manager; by that action showing his loyalty to Norwich.[/quote]How odd.

[quote user="if I promise to behave"]I don''t see why Grant should be reviled. He''s a good coach, but resigned when he realised he was not cutting it as manager; by that action showing his loyalty to Norwich.[/quote]Urm....pardon me, but wasn''t he fired?If he''s been loyal he would have resigned at the end of last season, when his half-season in charge led to such a dismal run of results that we sank to our lowest point for 50 years.Honestly...people love to delude themselves.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="if I promise to behave"]I don''t see why Grant should be reviled. He''s a good coach, but resigned when he realised he was not cutting it as manager; by that action showing his loyalty to Norwich.[/quote]

Urm....pardon me, but wasn''t he fired?
If he''s been loyal he would have resigned at the end of last season, when his half-season in charge led to such a dismal run of results that we sank to our lowest point for 50 years.

Honestly...people love to delude themselves.
[/quote]

Read it again mate.

Peter Grant not Bryan Gunn.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="if I promise to behave"]I don''t see why Grant should be reviled. He''s a good coach, but resigned when he realised he was not cutting it as manager; by that action showing his loyalty to Norwich.[/quote]Urm....pardon me, but wasn''t he fired?If he''s been loyal he would have resigned at the end of last season, when his half-season in charge led to such a dismal run of results that we sank to our lowest point for 50 years.Honestly...people love to delude themselves.[/quote]

Read it again mate.

Peter Grant not Bryan Gunn.

[/quote]I''ll close the door behind myself. [:$]

[quote user="if I promise to behave"]I don''t see why Grant should be reviled. He''s a good coach, but resigned when he realised he was not cutting it as manager; by that action showing his loyalty to Norwich.[/quote]

Agreed.

I''m glad it''s worked out so well for him, must be his dream job coaching at Celtic.  If he''d stayed at West Ham instead of coming here he probably wouldn''t have teamed up with Tony Mowbray at WBA, and who''d have thought Mowbray would get the Celtic job?  Funny how things work out sometimes.

[quote user="First Jedi"]Lets face it, people on here don''t really dislike Gunn - not in the same way Roeder or Grant are disliked/hated/reviled. Gunn will always be respected as a great player (how many caps for us? 470-odd? Something like that anyway. Legend!) but very few people have any illusions of him as a manager - but equally, they don''t carry rest the blame for him being bad on his shoulders. We did, all, what him to succeed. Most of the blame for his appointment and failure lies with Delia, and was corrected with her appointing McNally who in turn bit the bullet. The weird thing is this - while there is very little anti-Gunn posts on this MB, every time Bob Franklin posts of one of his silly, totally biased and un-balanced views on Gunn, everyone else, who''d never normally dream of slagging off the legend of Gunn, feels oblibiged to try and balance Franklin''s warped opinion, with post after post after post after post of anti-Gunn opinion. It''s the only way to remain sane having read one of Franklin''s posts. As it stands - I can only assume that Franklin *loves* to read about Gunn being so bad - why else does he deliberately go out of his way to encourage so much anti-Gunn sentiment? There would be very little without him around.[/quote]

Mmm, seems to me my friend that your post is "silly, totally biased and un-balanced". 

"everyone else, who''d never normally dream of slagging off the legend of Gunn, feels oblibiged to try and balance Franklin''s warped (blimey, that''s a bit far fetched) opinion, with post after post after post after post of anti-Gunn opinion. It''s the only way to remain sane having read one of Franklin''s posts. That sounds pretty silly to me but then anybody who signs himself First Jedi must be a bit silly anyway. Sorry.

As it stands - I can only assume that Franklin *loves* to read about Gunn being so bad - why else does he deliberately go out of his way to encourage so much anti-Gunn sentiment?  Yeh, that''s why I do it, my cover''s blown, found out. Jeez. Any more interesting theories from the make believe world of Star Wars ?

If my views on Gunn are such a problem for you, why don''t you take one of my emails of today or yesterday on the subject and show me exactly where and how I have been silly, totally biased, unbalanced or warped in my assessment of Gunn.

I love that you have so little to refute what I''ve said (despite it''s obvious facetiousness - you did get that, no?), you concentrate your post on my name - good work - if ever you need to show that you have no counter argument or anything worth saying, that is definitely the way to go. Good work!

"If my views on Gunn are such a problem for you, why don''t you take one of my emails of today or yesterday on the subject and show me exactly where and how I have been silly, totally biased, unbalanced or warped in my assessment of Gunn."

For every post you make, another 20 to 100 people do exactly what you ask above. No need for me to start blowing when there is already a gale.

And dude, in all honesty, they aren''t a problem for me - I find them amusing, they appeal to my sense of humour, if only for the fact that you''re rabid defence of Gunn has only ever inspired more hatred - hence this tongue-in-check homage to your gluttony for punishment! :)

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]

If my views on Gunn are such a problem for you, why don''t you take one of my emails of today or yesterday on the subject and show me exactly where and how I have been silly, totally biased, unbalanced or warped in my assessment of Gunn.

[/quote]You mean apart from your statement that "He had virtually

no cash to buy players so effectively had to go with what he inherited."???When he actually brought in nine new players, and also had Jamie Cureton back from Barnsley. Far from effectively having to go with what he inherited, he effectively created a whole new team.

[quote user="First Jedi"]Lets face it, people on here don''t really dislike Gunn - not in the same way Roeder or Grant are disliked/hated/reviled. Gunn will always be respected as a great player (how many caps for us? 470-odd? Something like that anyway. Legend!) but very few people have any illusions of him as a manager - but equally, they don''t carry rest the blame for him being bad on his shoulders. We did, all, what him to succeed. Most of the blame for his appointment and failure lies with Delia, and was corrected with her appointing McNally who in turn bit the bullet.

The weird thing is this - while there is very little anti-Gunn posts on this MB, every time Bob Franklin posts of one of his silly, totally biased and un-balanced views on Gunn, everyone else, who''d never normally dream of slagging off the legend of Gunn, feels oblibiged to try and balance Franklin''s warped opinion, with post after post after post after post of anti-Gunn opinion. It''s the only way to remain sane having read one of Franklin''s posts.

As it stands - I can only assume that Franklin *loves* to read about Gunn being so bad - why else does he deliberately go out of his way to encourage so much anti-Gunn sentiment? There would be very little without him around.[/quote]I think you''re giving him way too much credit thinking that he can contemplate the consequence or sentiment of his posts - he/she just doesn''t realise that it just puts BGs tenure in an even more absurd light when it should be long forgotten.

[quote user="First Jedi"]Lets face it, people on here don''t really dislike Gunn - not in the same way Roeder or Grant are disliked/hated/reviled. Gunn will always be respected as a great player (how many caps for us? 470-odd? Something like that anyway. Legend!) but very few people have any illusions of him as a manager - but equally, they don''t carry rest the blame for him being bad on his shoulders. We did, all, what him to succeed. Most of the blame for his appointment and failure lies with Delia, and was corrected with her appointing McNally who in turn bit the bullet. The weird thing is this - while there is very little anti-Gunn posts on this MB, every time Bob Franklin posts of one of his silly, totally biased and un-balanced views on Gunn, everyone else, who''d never normally dream of slagging off the legend of Gunn, feels oblibiged to try and balance Franklin''s warped opinion, with post after post after post after post of anti-Gunn opinion. It''s the only way to remain sane having read one of Franklin''s posts. As it stands - I can only assume that Franklin *loves* to read about Gunn being so bad - why else does he deliberately go out of his way to encourage so much anti-Gunn sentiment? There would be very little without him around.[/quote]

Deary me.

This should be submitted as a case study in............................something.

[:-*]

OTBC