Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

Whats happened to Cody Mac

I''d imagine he is in Lamberts plans, he''s always on the bench... but with Martin on form, and Cureton putting the sword to teams that have already given up, I guess he''s down the pecking order.

I still think this is a season too early for him and maybe a period out on loan would do him good?

While the team are scoring goals, he''s not going to figure here. Won''t be surprised to see him at Lincoln for a few months.

Strong rumours in Lincoln linking Imps with two Norwich players - Cody and also McVeigh.  Either would help.  Sutton and Lambert have been chatting, apparently.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Strong rumours in Lincoln linking Imps with two Norwich players - Cody and also McVeigh.  Either would help.  Sutton and Lambert have been chatting, apparently.[/quote]

I can see Cody leaving on loan maybe but Squiz has been starting some games recently so I''d be surprised if he is allowed to leave.

[quote user="canaryjock"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Strong rumours in Lincoln linking Imps with two Norwich players - Cody and also McVeigh.  Either would help.  Sutton and Lambert have been chatting, apparently.[/quote]

I can see Cody leaving on loan maybe but Squiz has been starting some games recently so I''d be surprised if he is allowed to leave.

[/quote]

Not saying the rumours are right.  It seems fairly agreed that there are two players involved but it''s another wait and see.

Definitely needs to go out on loan and get some experience of the football league.I know why everyone is such a huge fan and wants him to do well, as do i.However, somebody please tell me what he offers aside from his pace?If he could work with Sutton i think he could learn a lot....

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]I still think this is a season too early for him and maybe a period out on loan would do him good?

While the team are scoring goals, he''s not going to figure here. Won''t be surprised to see him at Lincoln for a few months.[/quote]I think that would be ideal.I''d say he''s a step above Stuart Fleetwood, and most definitely has the ability, fight, and that clinical edge to make it in the League. But as many would be so quick to say, he''s a talent with a fair few rough edges, but nothing that can''t be refined over the course of a half / full season.Maybe a loan to someone like Stockport, Yeovil, or a while in League Two with (as has been said) Lincoln, or ideally with a team with some capable players that can help him flourish, like Rotherham and Shrewsbury in League Two that will allow him to build on his confidence.I think he''s going to need a loan, but the worst thing, i have to say, is if it is to be seen as a way of shipping him out of the club, even if the loan spell doesn''t quite go plan. He needs a strong platform of support to allow him to develop.We''d be doing not only him, but ourselves, no good if we were to give up on him.

If Cody is involved I am sure Sutton can help him - he''s built up a good reputation working with senior Academy lads at places like Villa and I''m sure players like Cody could learn a great deal from him.  Although Chris can''t play anymore someone said this week that he was still running rings round some of the Imps lot on the training ground.

If Cody is to go I hope it is only a loan and not a sale, because I think he''s a rough diamond who could well prove to be a decent player at this level and maybe higher.McVeigh I''m a little indifferent about to be frank. He''s not disgraced himself since returning, but he''s not exactly pulled up trees either.On the Lincoln City thing, it''s good to see another ex-canary stepping into management. Sutton was a great player for us and though I was critical of his some of his daft behaviour in his youth here, he''s grown up into what seems like a good bloke.(hey, we were all young once!) Talked a good game on Radio Naaar''fook before a game recently. Wish him lots of luck, nice it''s with Lincoln cos they''re one of a handful of clubs whose results I look for sometimes, simply because of the Huckerby connection. Building up an affiliation could prove mutually beneficial.

[quote user="Dean Coney''s Arse"]I still think this is a season too early for him and maybe a period out on loan would do him good? While the team are scoring goals, he''s not going to figure here. Won''t be surprised to see him at Lincoln for a few months.[/quote

well cody will score goals, so a loan move to a league 2 club would be good to keep him rust free!