Sign in to follow this  
John

Rhoys Wigins

Info i have on Rhoys Wiggins (for those not familar with him) :

- A left back.

- 21 Years of age.

- Was out injured for the first few weeks when he came (reason as to why he''s not been involved in the first team).

- Came to us from Crystal Palace in the summer for an undisclosed fee (believed to be in excess of £50,000).

- Made 1 appearance at Crystal Palace.

- Impressed on a loan to Bournemouth toward the end of last season.

- Is (or at least was) a regular for the Welsh Under 21''s, after making appearances at Under 17 and 19 level.

- Made a notable man of the match performance against England Under

21''s in the 2009 European Championship play-off qualification.

- Was soon called up to the Wales national senior squad.

Also i think it''s worth mentioning that many Crystal Palace fans touted

him as the ''next big thing'' for them, and it was not so long ago that

some Palace fans were concerned of him being poached by a Premier

League club funnily enough.

And prior to being transferred Neil Warnock assured fans that

Wiggins would not be leaving Palace for anyone. Needless to say some

Palace fans were shocked (and gutted) to see him leave, and seemed

pretty convinced this is at least a league below his current ability.

He''s been described as an often attacking full back, though is not

known to fret away from defensive duties (practically got his MOM

perfornance against England soley for been so effective defensively).

By all means he sounds a prospect, and a potential replacement for Drury in the future.Here''s hoping we develop him properly.

"Wigins" Damn. [:$]First title mistake on the pink ''un forum.... It don''t feel good. [N]

I''ve not seen a lot of him but for the 2 games against an England U21 side packed full of Premiership players, he certainly didn''t look out of place.

Very highly rated at Palace but whenever he got near the first team he suffered injuries and was soon overtaken in the pecking order by another rated youngster in Lee Hills and the taller more physical Clint Hill.

[quote user="Big Bad John"]"Wigins" Damn. [:$]First title mistake on the pink ''un forum.... It don''t feel good. [N][/quote]How embarrassing.If I was you I would hope that this thread moves swiftly down the page out of sight [:$]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Big Bad John"]"Wigins" Damn. [:$]First title mistake on the pink ''un forum.... It don''t feel good. [N][/quote]How embarrassing.If I was you I would hope that this thread moves swiftly down the page out of sight [:$][/quote]Indeed, shame of my life that is.[:$]Just hope it disappears soon before posters deliver the routine hellfire for thee kind of slack mistakes.

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Big Bad John"]"Wigins" Damn. [:$]First title mistake on the pink ''un forum.... It don''t feel good. [N][/quote]How embarrassing.If I was you I would hope that this thread moves swiftly down the page out of sight [:$][/quote]Indeed, shame of my life that is.[:$]Just hope it disappears soon before posters deliver the routine hellfire for thee kind of slack mistakes.[/quote]Oh, there i go again.... (Not doing myself any favours here)[:|]

Taxi for Big Bad John, lol.My Bournemouth supporting mate thought Wiggins was ace with them at the end of last season and I hope he can stay fit because I don''t think Lappin is good enough defensively at left-back, much better in midfield, and Drury is injury-prone so he should get a few chances to impress.