Sign in to follow this  
Jerzy Krukowski

Mick Dennis

where has he written about that?something i would like to say sort of along this line... where on earth are you going to fit gill in this team? Smith is proving to be a very decent player... potential to be excellent... then there''s russell, not sold, putting in a shift... to my mind doing an excellent job... adeyemi... young but more of an attacking option and OTJ who''ll find it hard but, prob has a little more to offer the first team.

[quote user="SPat"]So who is the player he thinks is hiding in this season''s squad?
[/quote]

Who cares. I have had no time for Dennis after he compared concerned fans to nurse batterers!

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="SPat"]So who is the player he thinks is hiding in this season''s squad?
[/quote]

Who cares. I have had no time for Dennis after he compared concerned fans to nurse batterers!

[/quote]

Had they run out of cod?

[/quote]

I think it''s Semmy............ he was horrific against Colchester.

Theo got way too much blame in that game and Semmy didn''t get enough.

I think he "hides" by making some good runs and using his pace to make up for bad positioning.

Losing Spillane for a while is a big big loss. Lambert just said so today.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

I think it''s Semmy............ he was horrific against Colchester.

Theo got way too much blame in that game and Semmy didn''t get enough.

I think he "hides" by making some good runs and using his pace to make up for bad positioning.

Losing Spillane for a while is a big big loss. Lambert just said so today.

[/quote]

Having watched the Norwich v Colchester DVD your worst defender that day was Nelson (my opinion).  Likely to be skinned by any pace player you come up against.

I''m sure Mick Dennis sometimes writes a column specifically to p*ss off some of the posters on this board. If it''s Delia getting a hard time he sticks up for her. Roeder ... and he springs to his defence. And now The Doc!

But I can''t find fault with anything he''s written here. I have said time and time again that when we are getting a hiding the player you notice is the player who''s trying to put things right. Some players do hide and fans will say "I didn''t see him do a lot wrong but Doc was awful! Involved in nearly every goal they scored!" Now Doc is a real team player and that''s why his team mates love him. Dion Dublin noticed it as did Shacks. He''ll try and cover for everyones mistake even though he will be the one that''s noticed when the goal is scored. Dublin would lose his man or get done for pace and Doc would try and get back. Everybody would assume it was Docs man that got away but 9 times out of 10 it wasn''t. Same with his other partners, Dion Dublin said as much when Doc was getting stick a couple seasons ago. And up until just lately he''s also had Otsemebor to cope to the right of him. It must have felt like a holiday for our Ginger Pele the last couple of games with Askou to the left, Spillane to the right and only League One attackers to deal with.

The worst thing to happen for The Doc was being made captain. Because I''m more convinced than ever he''s not a captain. Not because he doesn''t lead by example because he does. Not because he doesn''t have the respect of his team mates because he has that in spades too. But simply because he cares too much. If a player makes a mistake the Doc tries to cover for him. He doesn''t shout at him. He doesn''t expose that players shortcomings to the crowd. He just tries to cover for him and takes the rap from the crowd for his troubles. That 7-1 defeat under his captaincy will certainly have hurt the Doc more than any one of us. Think back to that day and remember what you saw. Doc was trying to be right back, two centrehalves, defensive midfield, in fact anywhere and everywhere instead of issuing b*ll*ckings left right and centre. He took too much responsibility for others and not enough for his own position.

I hope Lambert has worked all this out. I hope he keeps Doc in the team but doesn''t make him captain ever again. Because if we''re all honest here, unless we have a better player come through the youth, it will be a few seasons before we can afford to sign another centre back as good as Doherty. And we are going to need him during the long hard winter when the pitches are heavy and the League One aerial bombardment begins to rain down on our defence in earnest.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m sure Mick Dennis sometimes writes a column specifically to p*ss off some of the posters on this board. If it''s Delia getting a hard time he sticks up for her. Roeder ... and he springs to his defence. And now The Doc!

But I can''t find fault with anything he''s written here. I have said time and time again that when we are getting a hiding the player you notice is the player who''s trying to put things right. Some players do hide and fans will say "I didn''t see him do a lot wrong but Doc was awful! Involved in nearly every goal they scored!" Now Doc is a real team player and that''s why his team mates love him. Dion Dublin noticed it as did Shacks. He''ll try and cover for everyones mistake even though he will be the one that''s noticed when the goal is scored. Dublin would lose his man or get done for pace and Doc would try and get back. Everybody would assume it was Docs man that got away but 9 times out of 10 it wasn''t. Same with his other partners, Dion Dublin said as much when Doc was getting stick a couple seasons ago. And up until just lately he''s also had Otsemebor to cope to the right of him. It must have felt like a holiday for our Ginger Pele the last couple of games with Askou to the left, Spillane to the right and only League One attackers to deal with.

The worst thing to happen for The Doc was being made captain. Because I''m more convinced than ever he''s not a captain. Not because he doesn''t lead by example because he does. Not because he doesn''t have the respect of his team mates because he has that in spades too. But simply because he cares too much. If a player makes a mistake the Doc tries to cover for him. He doesn''t shout at him. He doesn''t expose that players shortcomings to the crowd. He just tries to cover for him and takes the rap from the crowd for his troubles. That 7-1 defeat under his captaincy will certainly have hurt the Doc more than any one of us. Think back to that day and remember what you saw. Doc was trying to be right back, two centrehalves, defensive midfield, in fact anywhere and everywhere instead of issuing b*ll*ckings left right and centre. He took too much responsibility for others and not enough for his own position.

I hope Lambert has worked all this out. I hope he keeps Doc in the team but doesn''t make him captain ever again. Because if we''re all honest here, unless we have a better player come through the youth, it will be a few seasons before we can afford to sign another centre back as good as Doherty. And we are going to need him during the long hard winter when the pitches are heavy and the League One aerial bombardment begins to rain down on our defence in earnest.

[/quote]

[:#][:#][:#]

OTBC

[/quote][Y][Y][Y]

[/quote]

QFT

[quote user="The Chirp"]where has he written about that?

something i would like to say sort of along this line... where on earth are you going to fit gill in this team?

Smith is proving to be a very decent player... potential to be excellent... then there''s russell, not sold, putting in a shift... to my mind doing an excellent job... adeyemi... young but more of an attacking option and OTJ who''ll find it hard but, prob has a little more to offer the first team.
[/quote]

Who the f**k cares where you will fit Gill or OTJ in this team. They are both sh*t and i couldn''t care less if they never play for us again at the moment. Obviously though I hope they both come good in the long run and can play a role for us if needed due to injuries.

I hope Lambert has worked all this out. I hope he keeps Doc in the team but doesn''t make him captain ever again. Because if we''re all honest here, unless we have a better player come through the youth, it will be a few seasons before we can afford to sign another centre back as good as Doherty. And we are going to need him during the long hard winter when the pitches are heavy and the League One aerial bombardment begins to rain down on our defence in earnest.[/quote]

100% spot on.

It''s only his opinion, and he does exactly the same thing as half the posters on here, it''s just that his thoughts get read by a few million more people!

"I have had no time for Dennis after he compared concerned fans to nurse batterers!"

I have little time for Dennis either but that wasn''t his comment.

The "nurse batterers" comment was made by Barry Skipper.

[/quote]

Totally agree Nigel.  It''s a shame some of the bandwagon boo boys don''t take note.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As much as I hate to defend him I think that was Barry Skipper.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]where has he written about that?something i would like to say sort of along this line... where on earth are you going to fit gill in this team? Smith is proving to be a very decent player... potential to be excellent... then there''s russell, not sold, putting in a shift... to my mind doing an excellent job... adeyemi... young but more of an attacking option and OTJ who''ll find it hard but, prob has a little more to offer the first team. [/quote]

Who the f**k cares where you will fit Gill or OTJ in this team. They are both sh*t and i couldn''t care less if they never play for us again at the moment. Obviously though I hope they both come good in the long run and can play a role for us if needed due to injuries.

[/quote]wow... okay! I care...does that count? We need a squad not just an 11. I was just wondering what their future holds... especially Gill... there really are some OTT people on here.Mick Dennis is actually a top bloke... Most of you has very jaded views on the guy. I think actually he is pretty good to us norwich fans... he has a loyalty to delia but i think on the whole he is a good read. A lot of people will prob not like that... but thats my opinion. After reading his article i think it is Semi he is refering to aswell.

[/quote]

great post. doherty is ten times the player either nelson or otsemobor will ever be.