Sign in to follow this  
Herbert

Leeds (A)

Afternoon chaps

any ideas of the best way of getting to elland road from sheffield by train. i notice the station is like 8 miles from the ground. also any reccomendations for a night on the smash in leeds on a monday?

Best wishes

I''ll be going by train from Sheffield too. Looks like on matchdays they run shuttle buses from outside the station to the ground and back again for £2.50. Otherwise there''s directions here for a 35 minute walk http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leeds_united/#By%20Train

cheers s10 (Hallamshire area?) Looks like thatl be the way forward then... As for coming home - looking into the 05.25 from Leeds to Sheff (post smash)

£3/4 quid taxi from Leeds station or a 30min walk.

Wouldnt recommend any pubs up near the ground.

Though back in town will b its usual student busy self.

Got my tickets today! I must be the closest to an away groud. Less than 5 mins away!

[quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]

I''m coming from Sheffield as well, not sure if to get the train or drive yet? As I don''t fancy, if I miss the last train to spend a night in Leeds station.

[/quote]

then spend it in the clubs...

A word of warning.....I went by train once to Elland Road to watch City and got ''jumped on'' and ended up getting saved by The Police. Getting to the ground is fine is getting back to the staion afterwards.....would never do it again!!

Imagine if we beat them, sorry but they still have many thugs.....

Been to Leeds twice since and parked in the car park across the road, that''s the best bet!

[quote user="Rupethebear"]A word of warning.....I went by train once to Elland Road to watch City and got ''jumped on'' and ended up getting saved by The Police. Getting to the ground is fine is getting back to the staion afterwards.....would never do it again!! Imagine if we beat them, sorry but they still have many thugs..... Been to Leeds twice since and parked in the car park across the road, that''s the best bet![/quote]

Sounds surprisingly like my last experience there - but we did stuff them so it was almost worth the encounter with neanderthal man!

[quote user="Pro 40 - Vintage Bintage"]

Afternoon chaps

any ideas of the best way of getting to elland road from sheffield by train. i notice the station is like 8 miles from the ground. also any reccomendations for a night on the smash in leeds on a monday?

Best wishes

[/quote]

good luck...think you might need it! not the nicest place to visit! last time i went, wasnt a pleasant experience....roll on gillingham and carlisle