Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Phil Parry commentating on Radio Norfolk

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Beauseant"]

As I can''t get on the internet at home for the next couple of weeks, meaning that I can''t communicate with my fellow posters during games, I''ve had to resort to dressing up to get me through. I will, in fact, be listening to the Carlisle game while dressed as Jane Austen............[;)]

[/quote]

So the days of having to dress up are expected to be finished by saturday then?
[/quote]

You are awful....but I like you!

[:D][:D][:D]

sorry if the question has already been answered but was it just Parry commentating or was Adams with him?

I thought Phil Parry was quite decent to be fair. I''d be happy for him to share duties with Goreham''s regular commentary which I also enjoy.

I have to say that Waller was absolutely dreadful! He had the ability through his commentary to kill any atmosphere that you may have picked up on from the crowd! Quite often you had no idea what was happening regarding passages of play too!

I remember being excited at the prospect of Goreham commentating the first time I heard him when we played Gillingham away (I don''t know if it was his first game but it was the first time I heard him) we drew 1-1 with Peter Crouch scoring!

When I read the first posts on this I thought I had been listening to a different game, and frankly was surprised at the level of ignorance in them.

Phil Parry did a good job I thought> I like Chris Goreham, but felt this guy was far better, describing the play in a way that was easy to fairly accurately follow.

Mind you he will need to develop some distinct individual sayings if he ever wants to reach the dizzy heights of Roy Waller. Comments like " and Norwich are kicking from left to right" used to leave me completely confused, as for the classic line "and the ref has just blown up". The image says it all

I always thought I was the only person to find Waller insufferable as a commentator... I''d always listen to the other teams radio station if he was on... appalling!

[quote user="Knock off Nige"]When I read the first posts on this I thought I had been listening to a different game, and frankly was surprised at the level of ignorance in them.[/quote]Think you''ll find most of them were before the game started.I thought he did okay. He was trying a bit too hard to be biased for us at times I thought; and the Askou/Berthel Askou thing was annoying but apart from that he was decent. Sounded down to earth and not up himself like someone who didn''t want to be there.

Waller was always poor, and he had very little knowledge of other clubs.

He is a throw back to the original days of Radio Norfolk when they seemed to go for yokel types like Waller and Keith Skipper.

Som of the younger ones aint perfect but the sports team is better than it used to be.