Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Phil Parry commentating on Radio Norfolk

Not that I usually listen to RN commentary, one because of the season ticket, and two because every time I listen to the away game commentary we seem to lose, except the wonderful Canary Call of course.  But I think this lad is a very good commentator, and is far better than Goreham.

yellow shirts is a fair remark as I think we wore white the last time we played there. Hardly makes him a moron, regardless.

think he is a brilliant commentator... and sounding like jeff stelling is a good thing. you should listen to other local footy reporters if you think he is bad... others are shocking compared to radio norfolk commentry.

Chris Goreham is a decent commentator but this guy was also very good - i was impressed with his knowledge not just of Norwich but also of Gillingham and the football league in general - his explanation of the game as it went on was very clear and seemed to get on well with Neil too. Obviously Chris Goreham won''t be doing many away games now due to his breakfast commitments - especially weekday ones such as tonight so this guy is a more than capable stand in.

He did a good stand in job of a fairly quiet game.Still an ardent Goreham fan though..... Miss the wee'' mans voice.[:(]

[:D]

Nearly cried when he exploded after Gillingham hit that late free-kick just wide. Sounds a good commentator though!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I liked the pass dribbling out of play/agonisingly missing the bus analogy myself.[/quote]

Graham - I laughed so much with that Analogy...

"He even looked like he had his change ready and in his hand!"

Totally agree with most. I like Goreham but this lad was very very good.

When I read the first few comments on this thread, I was in despair of this all too regular parochial attitude.

Thankfully most of you have shown ''we don''t like outsiders'' (unless they''ve been in Norfolk for as long as Gunn) attitude, popular with the media, is indeed generally incorrect. Please The Lord I am right!!

Why are some NCFC supporters so pathetic?

We won , 3 in a row, rather than just be happy.....No I will come on here and moan about the comentator....Get a grip!!!!!

I thought he was excellent as is Goreham by and large.

His commentary when the goal went in was really exciting.

They are both a  vast improvement on Roy Wallers yokel style of broadcasting.

Frankly I am amazed at some of the ignorant  comments at the start of this thread.

Give new people a chance.

Couldn''t agree more Dreamteam.  I thought he was excellent last night, very entertaining and at times almost Brazilian.  The GOOOAAAAAAALL was great and the Gills shot from the DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! at the end had my heart in my throat.  Great edge of the seat stuff [:D]

Thought he did a good job. Very sharp and painted a picture well. Maybe a little too excited when chances came along - is it in? is it wide?

Is it possible that our opinions don''t count? You decide. Or maybe you don''t.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I thought he was better than Goreham, he painted the game more vividly without being over the top.  It was a good debut.[/quote]To be fair, this lad was as over the top has commentators get (though i''m not using that against him personally, despite nearly having given me a heart attack last night in a game that only had 1 goal in it).

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Totally agree with most. I like Goreham but this lad was very very good.

When I read the first few comments on this thread, I was in despair of this all too regular parochial attitude.

Thankfully most of you have shown ''we don''t like outsiders'' (unless they''ve been in Norfolk for as long as Gunn) attitude, popular with the media, is indeed generally incorrect. Please The Lord I am right!![/quote]It''s nothing to do with the ol'' "are you local?" thang for me, i just like Goreham dammit! [:D]Listenin'' to Norwich Citeh without ''im just dan''t sit right with me, yeah?

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I thought he was better than Goreham, he painted the game more vividly without being over the top.  It was a good debut.[/quote]To be fair, this lad was as over the top has commentators get (though i''m not using that against him personally, despite nearly having given me a heart attack last night in a game that only had 1 goal in it).[/quote]Well, there we go.  I say "vivid", you say "over the top."  Personally I think Radio 5''s commentators are usually OTT, particularly Alan "it''s all about me" Green.

[quote user="Scooby"]Couldn''t agree more Dreamteam.  I thought he was excellent last night, very entertaining and at times almost Brazilian.  The GOOOAAAAAAALL was great and the Gills shot from the DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! at the end had my heart in my throat.  Great edge of the seat stuff [:D][/quote]

LOL! I nearly soiled my breeches in the time it took him to make clear that the late free kick had actually gone wide!

He didn''t do too badly to be honest.

I thought he was great, sounded like a proper commentator for once and I loved his Brazilian style "GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!" when Cody scored. Goreham is a muppet who wets his pants every time Norwich cross the half-way line.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Scooby"]Couldn''t agree more Dreamteam.  I thought he was excellent last night, very entertaining and at times almost Brazilian.  The GOOOAAAAAAALL was great and the Gills shot from the DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! at the end had my heart in my throat.  Great edge of the seat stuff [:D][/quote]

LOL! I nearly soiled my breeches in the time it took him to make clear that the late free kick had actually gone wide!

[/quote]

Do you walk around the Manor wielding a riding crop too Beau?  Breeches indeed m''lord [;)]

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Do you walk around the Manor wielding a riding crop too Beau?  Breeches indeed m''lord [;)]

[/quote]

As I can''t get on the internet at home for the next couple of weeks, meaning that I can''t communicate with my fellow posters during games, I''ve had to resort to dressing up to get me through. I will, in fact, be listening to the Carlisle game while dressed as Jane Austen............[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

As I can''t get on the internet at home for the next couple of weeks, meaning that I can''t communicate with my fellow posters during games, I''ve had to resort to dressing up to get me through. I will, in fact, be listening to the Carlisle game while dressed as Jane Austen............[;)]

[/quote]So the days of having to dress up are expected to be finished by saturday then?