Sign in to follow this  
Gunn Rack

Using Canries Player/Canaries World on mobile?

Does anyone know if you can use the canaries player from a mobile phone internet connection?

I want to be able to listen to games through the browser on my mobile but not sure if it''s possible.

Any help would be gratefully received. 

I never had any luck on my HTC Hero - the player is a flash plugin, not to mention the fact that the javascript login for the player doesn''t even work on the phones browser...

Annoying!

I tried Opera Mini, but that was total rubbish. Couldn''t even allow me to enter a URL, without screwing up... Yeah. I know.

Yep First Jedi, my problems exactly. Last season and for many before, before the Player web-site was updated, I had no problems on my XDA''s listening to the commentary. However the addition of flash to the site means I now can''t listen to RN''s coverage - very frustrating as it was well useful and my daughter hogs the household laptop, and generally I listened on the move anyway. If anyone can persuade Player to provide a non-flash way in I for one would be extremely grateful.

Industry insiders say the release of a Flash app for mobile phones will be released in early 2010. However by then another 20 odd matches gone!

Thanks Guys

I thought the Hero could play Flash? That''s why I was considering getting one soon.

Off topic but how do you rate your Hero v iphone?

You used to able to paste a URL into media player with the old world site. Since upgrading i havene''t tinkered with it much so don''t know if you can still do this? Could I view it that way in a mobile browser if so? - I am not very techie as you may have guessed!

" thought the Hero could play Flash"

Honestly - I can''t get it to login via JavaScript, so I don''t know... maybe it can - I''ve not tried too hard since I''ve not needed it yet...