Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Is it just me?

[quote user="First Wizard"]That is more concerned about the result at Carlisle on Saturday, than tonights paint pot game in Kent?[/quote]I would have thought everyone feels the same way, I certainly do and I am pretty sure Paul Lambert does as well.

personally I think Paul Lambert is just as eager to win tonight as he would be on Sat...why would he not be? an away win at The Gills tonight and thats 3 on the bounce going into Saturday.

I do however think that he will change things around, but im sure he''s still just as intent on winning for those who make the trip if nothing else.

I agree! I tihnk a win tonight would be fantastic going into Saturday, especially as we won''t be at full strength.

Yes, there will be a number of changes; as there will be for Gillingham who are also struggling with injuries, including their top scorer, I believe. Our advantage is that, because of our good form, some of our squad players have not had a good run out because they haven''t been able to win the shirt. This should mean that they are really up for it tonight. And I agree that Lambert will want a win for the travelling supporters. He''s said this consistently since he''s been with us.

Totally agree Wiz! Couldn''t give two drips of a gnat''s chaff about result tonight. Use tonight to see the likes of Stephens, Dumic, Steer, Francomb, together with McVeigh, McDonald, Wiggins, if fit.

Treat this as Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd treat the League Cup.

[quote user="willo"]

Totally agree Wiz! Couldn''t give two drips of a gnat''s chaff about result tonight. Use tonight to see the likes of Stephens, Dumic, Steer, Francomb, together with McVeigh, McDonald, Wiggins, if fit.

Treat this as Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd treat the League Cup.

[/quote]We are not allowed to feel such a "weak" team as per the rules of the JPT.

[quote user="First Wizard"]That is more concerned about the result at Carlisle on Saturday, than tonights paint pot game in Kent?[/quote]As it''s his home town I''d guess Grant Holt is pretty keen to impress and come away with a win too Wiz.

I''m on the train from London to gillingham now, and it''s just dawned on me that I''m heading to a total dump filled with pikies to watch our second string (ish) play their second string(ish) in front of a crowd of less than 3000 in a crap stadium with no atmosphere.....

But I don''t care, I''m excited about the game and I can''t wait for kick off! Come on you yellows! (or maybe whites).

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="First Wizard"]That is more concerned about the result at Carlisle on Saturday, than tonights paint pot game in Kent?[/quote]As it''s his home town I''d guess Grant Holt is pretty keen to impress and come away with a win too Wiz.[/quote]

Hol''t won''t be playing Buckethead. From an article on this site earlier...

""Lambert said he had a string of players struggling for fitness with Michael Spillane (hamstring injury) and Grant Holt (shin) definitely out, and Darel Russell suffering from a neck injury.""

I''m bothered about the result tonight as I think a win will have a direct effect on the team''s attitude and confidence and as a result contribute to our effort against Carlisle. Having drawn 1-1 with ten men the team will want to bag a win, take a step closer to Wembley and go for the trip to Carlisle brimming with confidence.

Of course three points in the league is miles more important that getting to round three of the paint pot cup, but if we win it''s one step closer to Wembley and a boost for morale to take into Saturday.

No I disagree, JPT means much more to me than the league.In fact I hope we don''t get promoted so we can play in this wonderful trophy every season.

I certainly think that expressing my lack of enthusiasm for game that we all have a lack of enthusiasm for is worth boosting my post count and starting a new thread for.Yes.

I''m botherd about this game until about 10pm tonight for the following reasons:

1) Injuries to key players

2) Suspensions

3) Confidence

4) The danger that over time and penalties could make some players more tired for a the long trip to Carlisle later this week.

Providing we come through after 90 mins with no injuries or suspension and we don''t get hammered I''ll be happy.

Davo

Had This Debate In The First Round! [|-)] Personally I''m Quite Excited About The JPT. Not Everday You And Your Team Get The Chance To Go To Wembley (Long Way Off I Know). And Everyone Saw The Luton Celebrations Last Year, You Can''t Tell Me You Wouldn''t Enjoy That! [:P]

Lambert was quoted in today''s EDP saying how Norwich would be deserted if we made it to the final of the paint pot, because there would be such a large following at Wembley, so I think he''s pretty serious about this competition.

[quote user="Pablo Pickarsole"]Lambert was quoted in today''s EDP saying how Norwich would be deserted if we made it to the final of the paint pot, because there would be such a large following at Wembley, so I think he''s pretty serious about this competition.[/quote]

It''s not a priority, but it is still a potential great day out at Wembley and a little bit of cash to boot. I think Lamberts team selection shows a clear indication of how highly he rates this competition (not that high).

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]No I disagree, JPT means much more to me than the league.In fact I hope we don''t get promoted so we can play in this wonderful trophy every season.[/quote]Thank heavens! FINALLY someone who can see sense! [Y]

Wiz in changing his mind shocker [:O][;)][IMG]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu276/Canary2345/facepalm-face-palm-facepalm-demotiv.jpg[/IMG]I''m just messing with you Wiz [:)]

[quote user="Davo"]4) The danger that over time [/quote]

There''s no extra time in the JPT, if it''s all level after 90 minutes it''s straight to penalties.