Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Theoklitos joins ipswich

.......................... in thinking the season is as good as over !

err, in the same way they''ve not cut back the squad to save on the wage bill

and they are not having to to cut costs to try and stem the annual £2m losses, I suppose

there''s a reason they are bottom of the division 

that they are 90th out of 92 in points scored

and that''s the same reason why they weren''t able to bring in loanees when they just outside the playoffs

they have not a pot to p*** in (as the old saying goes)

of course they could always use one of those tin plated replica pots they keep squeaking about

[quote user="Camuldonum"] Aren''t most clubs running on borrowed money or have I got that wrong?[/quote]

Yes, much like most folk and their mortgages

and like most folk they have the intention and wherewithall to pay back what''s borrowed

Given the binners credit rating I would favour Ronnie Biggs taking over the running off Royal Mail rather than anyone being caught out by these two bit crooks again

[quote user="City1st"]

err, in the same way they''ve not cut back the squad to save on the wage bill

and they are not having to to cut costs to try and stem the annual £2m losses, I suppose

there''s a reason they are bottom of the division 

that they are 90th out of 92 in points scored

and that''s the same reason why they weren''t able to bring in loanees when they just outside the playoffs

they have not a pot to p*** in (as the old saying goes)

of course they could always use one of those tin plated replica pots they keep squeaking about

[/quote] Oh come on now they may be a lot of things but skint they are not , just look at the money Evans has spent on new players since he bought the club and as Cam says they will keep spending with or without Keane untill Evans achieves his goal which is promotion . I would love to see them go down but its just not going to happen their squad is way to good and once the first win arrives they will probably climb the league pretty quick.

IPSWICH Town are proving that money is not everything with confirmation today that the bottom-of-the-table Championship club has the wealthiest manager in the Premier and Football Leagues and the 19th wealthiest man in British football in owner Marcus Evans.

Keane''s wealth is given as £27million in a football rich list published by Four Four Two magazine putting him ahead of Sir Alex Ferguson (£22m), and Carlo Ancelotti (£17m).

England manager Fabio Capello tops the managers'' list - with Keane second - with wealth given as £30m.

Evans has moved up from 30th with the worth of the conference and events organiser now given as £400m doubling from the figure given this time last year.

Queens Park Rangers'' part owner Lakshmi Mittal is the wealthiest man in British football (£18.4bn) followed by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Manchester City, £17bn) and Roman Abramovich (Chelsea, £7.8bn).

David Beckham is the wealthiest player valued at (£125m) with Michael Owen second at £38m.

[:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Wherever it comes from.  Aren''t most clubs running on borrowed money or have I got that wrong?[/quote]

You''re mostly correct, but not absolutely. A few clubs borrow and then run.

Evans did not into come into this to be relegated.  Keane may be booted or he may walk but I''ll have a £100 with anyone on here that they will not be bottom of the League in May 2010.

Cam, Re - Evans has moved up from 30th with the worth of the conference and events organiser now given as £400m doubling from the figure given this time last year.  I wonder where that calculation comes from, as the Financials are offshore, and as far as I am aware not disclosed. As far as Ipswich''s spending is concerned, its all down to how much Evans is prepared to lend to them, I suspect. But they can''t be paying there way, that''s for sure. Like all business men, one day he''ll want his cash back, or he''ll cut and run if the dream turns into a nightmare!

Did anybody spot in today''s papers, where they quoted the football "rich list", that Keano is worth more than Sir Alex Ferguson at 27 million pounds? He would be due a £3 million pay out if the scum sacked him, apparently. Even that beanpole striker Crouch is worth £10 million. Football - nice work if you can get it!