Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

This Hughes thing has f**ked us right up

Good luck Steven,Its a compliment and I hope he gets some minutes and comes back full of confidence.Its a honour to have a player from us in the third level represent and it opens the door for another player.

I think you have to consider what Stephen Hughes feels about this as well. It may be a meaningless friendly to us but one presumes he''s quite excited about the prospect of winning his first cap for his country.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

I think you have to consider what Stephen Hughes feels about this as well. It may be a meaningless friendly to us but one presumes he''s quite excited about the prospect of winning his first cap for his country.

[/quote]

I second that. It''s a great honour for him and it''s good for the club to have players good enough to be considered for their country. It''s just a shame we will suffer fpor mthat on Saturday. Let''s hope he doesn''t pick up an injury.

I have no wish to light Uncle Bobs blue touch paper but it''s a bit of a feather in Gunny''s cap too[:O]

I wonder how Leeds managed to avoid playing during the International break? Don''t think they had a game scheduled. Friends in high places?.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]I wonder how Leeds managed to avoid playing during the International break? Don''t think they had a game scheduled. Friends in high places?.[/quote]

They were playing Bristol Rovers, has been postponed.

[quote user="First Jedi"]"why on earth did Burley arrange a friendly away to Japan during the season" Burley didn''t arrange an entire international break![/quote]

Never said he did FJ, but there must have been an easier place to get to traveling over a few less time zones.

Not Really, I Think We Can Get An Easy Win Without Huhges (No Offence). All The Players Will Be On a High And Confident Anyway.........

Rusty and Korey Smith seem to be working.. so the Hughes situation hasn''t messed anything up... he isnt playing.. we cant miss who isnt playing.. if he gets injured then we have Tom Adeyemi, Owain Tudur Jones and Matty Gill.. thre really isn''t an issue with this.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Rusty and Korey Smith seem to be working.. so the Hughes situation hasn''t messed anything up... he isnt playing.. we cant miss who isnt playing.. if he gets injured then we have Tom Adeyemi, Owain Tudur Jones and Matty Gill.. thre really isn''t an issue with this.

jas :)

[/quote]

How many times - COREY SMITH IS PROBABLY NEEDED TO PLAY RIGHT BACK ON SATURDAY!

Gill and OTJ are injured. Guess we will have to go with Russell and Adeyemi. Not ideal as Adeyemi is a bit up and down but probably ok for one game.

[quote user="Jen_Jen (:"]Not Really, I Think We Can Get An Easy Win Without Huhges (No Offence). All The Players Will Be On a High And Confident Anyway.........[/quote

we have won the last 2 without him! - if it continues thats great as it shows how the club is winning with its better players out!!

"COREY SMITH IS PROBABLY NEEDED TO PLAY RIGHT BACK ON SATURDAY!"

Apparently Semi is back in training, as previously mentioned.

[quote user="PKC"]

[quote user="First Jedi"]"why on earth did Burley arrange a friendly away to Japan during the season" Burley didn''t arrange an entire international break![/quote]

Never said he did FJ, but there must have been an easier place to get to traveling over a few less time zones.

[/quote]

In all honesty, I very much doubt it is Burley arranging these games... Quite sure the Scottish FA decide who their team plays and where! Burley isn''t the fixture man, he is the manager, picks the squad, then the team and plays them out against whoever his bosses have picked.

[quote user="PKC"]

[/quote]

In all honesty, I very much doubt it is Burley arranging these games... Quite sure the Scottish FA decide who their team plays and where! Burley isn''t the fixture man, he is the manager, picks the squad, then the team and plays them out against whoever his bosses have picked.

First Jedi wrote: why is the rise of club football indicative of decline?

The English League itself has never been stronger, but players attitude towards representing their county doesn''t compare to how it used to be before the riches and glamour of BSKYB. I think the English players attitude has improved since Capello has arrived. Terry, Lampard and co manage to shake off those knocks that used to stop them from turning out for friendlies.

Gill and OTJ are injuredOtsemobor is a doubt, meaning Korey Smith might be needed at RBRussell is a doubtSo yes, the Hughes call up may potentially cost us.That leaves us who, Adeyemi and Lappin? Adeyemi and another youth player?