Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

This Hughes thing has f**ked us right up

Why the hell are they allowed to call up a player for a pointless game in Japan at such short notice. He won''t bloody play and we suffer. We should be kicking up a real fuss about this! F**k off Burley you c**t!

We''ve Russell, Smith, Adeyemi and technically Hughes isn''t up to full strength, anyway. Russell and Smith are first choice centre mids at the moment. I''d personally pick Hughes ahead of Russell, but I don''t think Lambert would, at the mo.

[quote user="First Jedi"]We''ve Russell, Smith, Adeyemi and technically Hughes isn''t up to full strength, anyway. Russell and Smith are first choice centre mids at the moment. I''d personally pick Hughes ahead of Russell, but I don''t think Lambert would, at the mo.[/quote]

Smith is needed to play right back (unless we get a loon in).

victims of our own success really, however hughes hasnt really played much recently whilst weve been doing well. plus when spillane got injured on saturday, it wasnt hughes that filled the gap vacated by smith moving to right back, it was mcveigh, so expect him to fill in for weekend

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]What about Francomb?[/quote]

Too young in my opinion. I don''t deny we have options its just none of them are ideal and the principle of the whole thing  is what annoys me. Scotland have a completely meaningless friendly during the season, Man U player withdraws with "injury" and we get sh*t on as a consequence. Would not be a problem if we had a fit squad but the right back crisis means we need Hughes.

"Smith is needed to play right back (unless we get a loon in)."

Oh, yeah! Good point! :)

Adeyemi and Russell, then, with Smith at RB?

Semmy will play right back on saturday. he started training on monday from what i heard so should be fit for saturday, which means we can keep are solid midfield line.

And maybe know that semmy has compition for that right back place he will improve on the pitch and start playing well.

Jim is 100% spot on. This is a fooking joke. Players from a league two levels above us decide they aint up for it so they come knocking at our door. Bunch of kuntz. Also, is there not one player in the Championship who can play. Their games get postponed for internationals anyway.

One thing good to come out of it (in fact the only good thing) is that it shows just how shite scotland are.

Disappointed as I think his consistent availability is important for us. Good luck to him though. Hope he gets a run out. Don''t come back knobbled though!

It''s part of the game - same for all teams - if a squad can''t deal with losing one player for one match, at an arranged time, they aren''t being properly managed. I think we are being properly managed, and hence I think we can cope.

I was wondering that. Surely we are close to qualifying for a postponement. I''d feel mighty sorry for people with advance train tickets at this stage though. An expensive cancellation that.

But presumably that only applies to players called up at the normal deadline (for us, only Rudd), and not emergency drafts like Hughes... otherwise games could be postponed days before and that would be annoying for 1000''s of people.

There was a time when supporters were proud to have a player from their team called up for international duty.

I remember, as a teenager, being just so when our Jim Bone was once called up to play for Scotland.

Nowadays, it causes discontent all-round.

Is this a comment upon the status of international football today, when only competition games count?

Or, in Hughes''s case, does it illustrate that the Scottish National team now has so little esteem that representing it has become an infringement?

It does seem a bit much: losing a key player to play against Japan. Is there anything at stake?

I know its annoying for us, but we should be able to cope without one more player.. we are one of the big boys and as such, we should be able to cope!!

Also, we should be happy for him as although he may not play, he is in the squad for his country... Isn''t that the dream for all players???

Be proud!!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Why the hell are they allowed to call up a player for a pointless game in Japan at such short notice. He won''t bloody play and we suffer. We should be kicking up a real fuss about this! F**k off Burley you c**t![/quote]Has Hughes featured in our two thrashings of LO & Bristol rovers? No? (Exluding later subbing)

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]There was a time when supporters were proud to have a player from their team called up for international duty.

I remember, as a teenager, being just so when our Jim Bone was once called up to play for Scotland.

Nowadays, it causes discontent all-round.

Is this a comment upon the status of international football today, when only competition games count?

Or, in Hughes''s case, does it illustrate that the Scottish National team now has so little esteem that representing it has become an infringement?

It does seem a bit much: losing a key player to play against Japan. Is there anything at stake?[/quote]I''m proud for him / of him - and good luck to him as I said in a previous post. I hope he gets a run out and comes back fit. The problem is that we all know that the run of ''injuries'' plaguing the Scot''s squad is because the players aren''t arrissed higher up the league. So we carry the deficit going into important games. Glad I''m not a Scotland fan right now. Half the sqad is ''pulling a Bentley''.

My main complaint regarding this is the fact it is in Japan, why on earth did Burley arrange a friendly away to Japan during the season. With the number of call offs, and seriesly were prem clubs ever going to let their players go, if it wasn''t meaningless before it sure as hell is now. Oh and BroadstairR when Bone was called up it didn''t directly lead to him missing Norwich games.

3 callups is the number you need for a postponement... or 2 in Leeds'' case. They had 3 and got their match against Bristol Rovers postponed only for Robert Snodgrass to pull out. [:|]

"why on earth did Burley arrange a friendly away to Japan during the season"

Burley didn''t arrange an entire international break!

Sadly big boys like Fletcher don''t want to risk losing their appearance bonus and other ad ons for their league clubs if they get injured playing international friendlies. Playing for your country doesn''t mean anything to some of these over paid hollywood stars! Sadly it''s a sign of just how our great game is on the decline

[quote user="PKC"]My main complaint regarding this is the fact it is in Japan, why on earth did Burley arrange a friendly away to Japan during the season. With the number of call offs, and seriesly were prem clubs ever going to let their players go, if it wasn''t meaningless before it sure as hell is now. Oh and BroadstairR when Bone was called up it didn''t directly lead to him missing Norwich games.[/quote]

Perhaps Mrs. Burley pointed out to George that she had never seen the night life in Tokyo and it''s quite a bit warmer there than Glasgow in mid-October.[:)]

Smith and Russell are going ok in the centre of midfield so i''m not too concerned.  had he missed the Leeds game instead of the Carlisle one i may have been slightly more concerned

[quote user="First Jedi"]It''s part of the game - same for all teams - if a squad can''t deal with losing one player for one match, at an arranged time, they aren''t being properly managed. I think we are being properly managed, and hence I think we can cope.[/quote]

Agreed.