Sign in to follow this  
The Gunnpowder plot

Carlisle Away...........

...........Anyone on here making the trip up North on Sat? I''m heading up wondered whether there is a pub norwich fans are meeting up before the game!?

Can''t wait to see those signs for Scotland!! How many you think will make the trip?

Four of us are travelling up from London to Skipton on Friday night then on the train to Carlisle via the Settle & Carlisle on Saturday morning. Staying in Calisle Saturday night before train then car back to London on Sunday afternoon.

It''s the Carlisle Beer Festival this weekend. It''s right next to the station and doors open at noon on Saturday. More details can be found here: http://www.camra.org.uk/page.aspx?o=306951.

Yep i''m going to be there! Not got to far to travel as live in Preston 1hr on the train.... Beer festival thats going to make for a good pre game drinking session then.

[quote user="glove1"]one hell of a journey....carlisle is only 8 miles from the scottish border!!!![/quote]

..about 5 1/2 - 6 hours in the car dependent on traffic....was going to be no 1 son`s first away game but had to postpone that unfortunately

I''ll be there. Tying the trip in with a long weekend in the Lakes.

It seems such a shame to drive past without popping in to Englands most beautiful area! [:)]

Wish I could afford it. I''d stay in Keswick and do some walking in the beautiful Lake District. What could be better, wonderful real ale and some of the best scenery anywhere in the world? Simples!

[quote user="Matt Juler"]

Four of us are travelling up from London to Skipton on Friday night then on the train to Carlisle via the Settle & Carlisle on Saturday morning. Staying in Calisle Saturday night before train then car back to London on Sunday afternoon.

It''s the Carlisle Beer Festival this weekend. It''s right next to the station and doors open at noon on Saturday. More details can be found here: http://www.camra.org.uk/page.aspx?o=306951.

[/quote]

B*oody hell, Matt.......a weekend to die for.

Beautiful scenery all round....world famous railway line......drowning in real ale......? three points ?

You''ll think you''ve gone to heaven.....

Will be making the trip with Mrs Sid. Not been there since the 1985/86 trip, 4-0 to City if I remember correctly. Can''t remember who scored (although I''m pretty sure Gary Brooke got one!).

Making the trip from Darlington with me mate.  Should only take a couple of hours on the train.  Looking forward to the beer festival as well.  That may be all I do if Royal mail don''t get their act together and get me my tickets!

Well we are travelling up on the friday staying over part way at Warrington (cheap), then after the game heading for a night out in Manchester. Delighted to hear there is a beer festival....gf will be pleased its her first away game and now there is a beer festival.

[quote user="farley"]

I''ll be there. Tying the trip in with a long weekend in the Lakes.

It seems such a shame to drive past without popping in to Englands most beautiful area! [:)]

[/quote]

was up there only a couple of weeks ago - go to keswick, great town and the boat on ullswater.

[quote user="The Gunnpowder plot"]

...........Anyone on here making the trip up North on Sat? I''m heading up wondered whether there is a pub norwich fans are meeting up before the game!?

Can''t wait to see those signs for Scotland!! How many you think will make the trip?

[/quote]

FYI., here''s the other thread:  (http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1857711/ShowPost.aspx