Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Goodbye Coca Cola. Hello?

I understand that Coca Cola will not be renewing their Football League sponsoship deal when it expires at the end of this season.

Who would you like to see in their place?

Answers on a postcard to DWJ/MWJ.

Copy here please.[:)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Answers on a postcard to DWJ/MWJ.[/quote]Are you implying that is their fault too Bly?

(shakes head and shrugs).

[:(]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Answers on a postcard to DWJ/MWJ.[/quote]Are you implying that is their fault too Bly?

[/quote]

No, but its the sort of thing they''d probably do well.

I mean they have the time as well now that Bowker and McNally are in charge, I understand.

OTBC 

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

I mean they have the time as well now that Bowker and McNally are in charge, I understand.

OTBC 

[/quote]

This so reminds me of that good start we made in 2006 that was all down to Martin Hunter. A couple of defeats and Worthy was back in charge.

So predictable so let''s all hope those defeats don''t happen.......

It was Coca Cola who changed the name of the leagues to Championship, League 1, League 2 etc when they started their sponsorship. I doubt that they will change back to ''Division 1, 2 and 3'' now but it''s possible that it may not be known as the Championship after the end of the season.. and, perish the thought if we weren''t to get promoted and they changed the names back we would be in ''Division 2'' - effectively being relegated without being in the bottom 4!

I don''t think Coca Cola had anything to do with the name change - more likely the Football League. It was supposed to make Div 1 etc. sound more exiciting for Sky/foreign tv companies. Just happened to coincide with new sponsorship.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]How about none. Just simply, The Football League.[/quote]

Why not scrap sponsorship entirely?  No Aviva your end, no Jobserve at Colchester.

Hallo?

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]How about none. Just simply, The Football League.[/quote]

Why not scrap sponsorship entirely?  No Aviva your end, no Jobserve at Colchester.

Hallo?

[/quote]

PS: When Colchester and Norwich were last in the Third Division (South) that was exactly the case.

[quote user="Knock off Nige"]This was news a week or so ago. Maybe they should be replaced by valium, less stimulation than coke, more time to chill[/quote]

Nige''s knockoff eh?

You''ll have to write a lot more than this I''m afraid - usually at least 1000 words per post. If it''s going to be a short ''un however you need to be decorating it with lots of little yellow icons in different combinations.

OTBC

This story was everywhere over a week ago put out by a FL press release.

If it didn''t get reported your end that''s not our fault.  PA Sport bunged it round.

It''s going to be continuing news on and off until the new sponsorship is decided.

So, if you''re a quibbler - get used to it.

[:P]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Knock off Nige"]This was news a week or so ago. Maybe they should be replaced by valium, less stimulation than coke, more time to chill[/quote]

Nige''s knockoff eh?

You''ll have to write a lot more than this I''m afraid - usually at least 1000 words per post. If it''s going to be a short ''un however you need to be decorating it with lots of little yellow icons in different combinations.

OTBC

[/quote]

Poor guy probably doesn''t have a clue what you''re on about Bly. But then most of us get that feeling three or four times a week anyway.

I wonder why three or four sarcy lines are your only contribution to this board[:^)]

The best thread on here for ages was about Kevin Keelan. Loads of older fans contributed with their unique memories of watching him. You just flitted in and out like a window licker[:P] Nothing worthwhile to say even though he was first choice keeper from 1963 to 1980 and played 673 games.

Isn''t it this time of year you usually start holding ipswich up as an example[:^)] Have you put that on hold or are you going to leave it alone all season.[|-)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Nige''s knockoff eh?

OTBC

[/quote]

Poor guy probably doesn''t have a clue what you''re on about Bly. But then most of us get that feeling three or four times a week anyway.

I wonder why three or four sarcy lines are your only contribution to this board[:^)]

The best thread on here for ages was about Kevin Keelan. Loads of older fans contributed with their unique memories of watching him. You just flitted in and out like a window licker[:P] Nothing worthwhile to say even though he was first choice keeper from 1963 to 1980 and played 673 games.

Isn''t it this time of year you usually start holding ipswich up as an example[:^)] Have you put that on hold or are you going to leave it alone all season.[|-)]

[/quote]

I see you''re in your sanctimonious mood today rather than your playful mode - okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...........

But then you''re the one with a knockoff on your back; not me.

You won''t bait me about Ipswich either, although of course many on here now know your predeliction for playing fast and loose when droning on and on about your hobbyhorses.

Now run along and clean those bogs of yours.[:)]

And still, one love.

OTBC