Sign in to follow this  
Leedscanary

Aviva

What exactly do they do for the title sponsorship of our club?

Because they sponsor us, I visited their website for a car insurance quote. And very competitive it was too, in fact by far the cheapest I have had.

But, what annoyed me was there was no mention of the Club anywhere. You can follow a link to find out about Aviva''s sponsorship of UK Athletics, but not Norwich City. Why is this? They ask you "Where did you hear about Aviva?" - There is a list of options ranging from TV ads to search engines, etc. But is there a Norwich City connection option? No.

There is no incentive (discount/gift) to members and S/T holders when taking out insurance. I, for one, think this makes a mockery of a sponsorship deal.

It bothers me far more than the ridiculous adverts with Paul Whitehouse!

A window popped up to ask me to discuss my insurance needs - so I "spoke" to someone called David to raise these issues. He said he would raise my concerns with his superiors. I doubt he will though.

As long as they keep giving the generous amount of money to the club (the largest in League One and bigger than most in the Championship, so I hear), I don''t really care if they mention us or not on their website.

Just glad it isn''t mattress man or some Gt Yarmouth mobile phone company.

I had nothing but trouble with Aviva car insurance, all very nice taking your money but when you claim its a nightmare. They tried to get me to accept 50/50 when my car was hit by a car. Churchill the other parties insurance had already phoned me and accepted full blame.

Plus managed to get the same policy £300 cheaper per year from BMW insurance.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]what about their advert with the plymouth fan![/quote]

Yes that was very cringe worthy, I would imagine there are a few Plymouth fans who would no longer want anything to do with NU after that, oh well atleast it wasn''t us I guess...

I was annoyed a few years ago when they let a lot of their debt off.

Then they''re giving hardly no money for sponsorship.

I hate them.

[quote user="Tookie140"]

I hate them.

[/quote]

Don''t bite the hand that feeds - especially as we''re pretty hungry at the moment!

[quote user="Tookie140"]

I hate them.

[/quote]

eh ?

The current understandng is that a large sum(s) will be paid of when the binners get into the Premiership

Prior to the club being handed over to Evans Aviva had already accepted a deferment on the payments. Evans simply reaffirmed that deferment with the offer of making bigger payments once they went up.

Anyone who believes that the money men would accept some miserly figure then watch the binners (Evans actually) fill their boots in the Premiership is exceedingly niave. These comditional payments are perhaps why Evans has no genuine interest in getting the poor old binners promoted - I doubt if he is even that bothered whether they go down either.

Clegg was a corporate appointment with a completely different brief -  that of maximising the assets ie stadium and training ground. That''s why he has no real knowledge of footbll and certainly no football background. Contrast the two CE''s of our two clubs - then ask youself why they chose to opt for the none football option.

As to the dimwits being let off the debt. ABSOLUTELY NOT. They still owe the original amount as well as a few other million or so debts, plus the £8.1m in prefence shares that were raised to cover the annual losses.

I would venture that Ronnie Biggs has a brighter future than the binners - at least he still doesn''t owe the money he had away fom the Post Office !

Although Clegg is determined to stem the £2m annual losses incurred by Ipswich Town

Greenun  3/8/09

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="missing in action"]i looked at a quote, yes im 17 and new, but im sure 5.5k is a bit excessive....[/quote]

Well, if you will insist on getting that Ferrari........

[/quote]haha i wish!but yeah. as far as im concerned, i dont care if they have a very business relationship with us, although a season ticket discount would be nice...

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="missing in action"]i looked at a quote, yes im 17 and new, but im sure 5.5k is a bit excessive....[/quote]

Well, if you will insist on getting that Ferrari........

[/quote]I''m also 17...i think i was quoted £3,800 Third Party Only on a 1999 Vauxhall Corsa 1.0....i didn''t proceed.

Aviva downscaled their sponsorship when Norwich were relegated.

Something not yet reported by the EDP.

Perhaps they will get around to it?

One for Lakey''s blog?  I think not.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Without your usual dig at Archant which seems to be beyond you Cam what exactly do you mean  by downscaled? With any shirt sponsorship deal it is fairly obvious that there would be conditions and clauses in the event of promotion or relegation.I must congratulate you on stating the "bleedin obvious" but how about putting some meat on the bones.

Now just see if you can give it your best shot without mentioning Archant or the boys in blue.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Without your usual dig at Archant which seems to be beyond you Cam what exactly do you mean  by downscaled? With any shirt sponsorship deal it is fairly obvious that there would be conditions and clauses in the event of promotion or relegation.I must congratulate you on stating the "bleedin obvious" but how about putting some meat on the bones.

Now just see if you can give it your best shot without mentioning Archant or the boys in blue.

[/quote] 

Simples.  Has the Aviva sponsorship been reduced from what  it was last season in the Championship to what it is in the League Division One 2009-10?

Go on.

And has it been reported by any Norfolk media?

If not, why not.

Over to you. Of no interest locally?[:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote] 

Simples.  Has the Aviva sponsorship been reduced from what  it was last season in the Championship to what it is in the League Division One 2009-10?

Go on.

If not, why not.

[/quote]

You have failed to answer what i asked Cam.You indicated that you knew what had happened with regard to ourAviva sponsorship for this season based on relegation.

I think most fans with a degree of interest and knowledge of how sponsorship operates took it for granted that contract clauses would kick in following relegation.Likewise in the event of promotion we would probably be in line for a few more quid.

I am asking you for the details of the reduction.

Do you know,yes or know?That is what would interest me and everybody else not the failure of Archant to make a story.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote] 

Go on.

If not, why not.

[/quote]

You have failed to answer what i asked Cam.You indicated that you knew what had happened with regard to ourAviva sponsorship for this season based on relegation.

I think most fans with a degree of interest and knowledge of how sponsorship operates took it for granted that contract clauses would kick in following relegation.Likewise in the event of promotion we would probably be in line for a few more quid.

I am asking you for the details of the reduction.

Do you know,yes or know?That is what would interest me and everybody else not the failure of Archant to make a story.

[/quote]

Sorry,it should be no not know!

[quote user="barclay46"]Aren''t they a French company? If so, thats a very good reason not to trust them.[/quote]

No, very English and I for one am pleased they are putting a lot of money into our club.

Better company than FlyBe or Digital Phone Company.

Colman''s is still the best for sheer local ''flavour'', if you''ll forgive the pun, although Lotus was by far the sexiest

No slagging off  the Great yarmouth Phone company they sponsered Norwich for two seasons and those two seasons were very succesful!

That particular phone company also is still supporting the club by putting money in from every sale of canary telecom.

Aviva was the most expensive car insurance quote I got when I renewed this month. Go with elephant.co.uk they are by far the best.

Also the security guard who waorks at the aviva car park on Brazengate is a miserable old sod

sorry to butt in but my sponsorship with Ncfc, for the same deal as last year actually went up this year

[quote user="smudger"]Aviva was the most expensive car insurance quote I got when I renewed this month. Go with elephant.co.uk they are by far the best. Also the security guard who waorks at the aviva car park on Brazengate is a miserable old sod[/quote]

The best for you perhaps Smudger. Insurance is based on individuals (driving history, your car, job etc etc etc). Just because you didn''t get a great quote doesn''t mean someone else won''t either!

[quote user="smudger"]Aviva was the most expensive car insurance quote I got when I renewed this month. Go with elephant.co.uk they are by far the best. Also the security guard who waorks at the aviva car park on Brazengate is a miserable old sod[/quote]

They aren''t on comparison websites either which lead me to believe that perhaps they don''t genuinely provide the best vlaue, not that i''m particulary bothered as they come across as one of the best sponsors we have ever had.