Sign in to follow this  
johnnyryan1970

doherty starting!!!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Sarcasm coming from the Donthurtme defenders is generally bitter and sarcastic, not hilarious and sarcastic like the knowledgeable fans who recognize what an overall liablity he is.  You guys need to lighten up.[/quote]Mug.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

I thought you were all pretty much agreed that he wasn''t very good.

This means that Donkerty has either had a sudden renaissance or...............................

[:|]

[/quote]

My vote is for or[:O]

[;)]

[/quote]

Who knows Nutty?  Charlton fans complaining that Colchester were "too physical"[:|]

Did Charlton do any "physical stuff" against you?[:P]

[/quote]

To be fair Cam I didn''t think Charlton were any better than us when they played here.

Already promoted according to some though[:O]

Are they crying already[:^)]

Failed to cope with a very "physical Colchester" apparently.

Translation: failed to cope with The Flying Steamroller hired on loan with an option by a former Manager of Cheltenham Town.

You H v Bristol and we H v Huddersfield a tougher test I think.

[/quote]

Awsome display from the Doc tonight. Nice to see he is back to his old self after a couple of shakey displays at the start of the season. He professionalism since being dropped showed tonight with a MOM performance.

All you mugs on here who give him grief astound me. This guy is one of the best centre backs in league one and would walk into any other team in this division (I include Leeds and Charlton). Funny how people on here think he is so awful but teams in the league above us want to sign him!

[quote user="Man-E-Faces"]

Awsome display from the Doc tonight. Nice to see he is back to his old self after a couple of shakey displays at the start of the season. He professionalism since being dropped showed tonight with a MOM performance.

All you mugs on here who give him grief astound me. This guy is one of the best centre backs in league one and would walk into any other team in this division (I include Leeds and Charlton). Funny how people on here think he is so awful but teams in the league above us want to sign him!

[/quote]

I hope you are not suggesting that some posters have no idea what they are talking about?

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Man-E-Faces"]

[/quote]

I hope you are not suggesting that some posters have no idea what they are talking about?

[/quote]

As if[*-)]

[/quote]

Good post which I agree with 100%

Well done Doc, you played very well and wish you could do this all the time. Credit for him too, he could have sulked when Lambo said he has new future, but he come in and has given the coaching staff a headache.

Like I said in an earlier post, players like Doc, are handy in the squad although, one swallow doesn''t make a summer and all that..

Keep it up thou Docinio.

Talk about the defence, Drury was like a winger and I think is back to his best, Spillane sometimes look a bit ropey, but bombed forward well and Askou is growing into the role of an English centre back and all of them linked well.

Possibly the most solid our defense has looked also season tonight and Doc played his part in that.

Great performance.

[/quote]

Nobody outside of Norwich rates this buffoon. If they did, he would not still be with the team. One good game and you''re all wetting yourself about how great and solid and dependable and whatnot he is.  He is a liability, overall. His wage per quality has to be about the lowest on the team. Assume you are right that he is quality for League 1, then he should be getting paid League 1 wages.  And of course, he is nowhere near one of the best in the League, let along on our team.

Funny how people on here think he is so awful but teams in the league above us want to sign him!

[/quote]

Glad to hear he played well tonight, but who would these teams a league above us be that want to sign him?

Houston, one good game? He was player of year in 2006 and if memory serves me right has finished 2nd and 3rd in previous seasons?

I just think Doc gets a rough ride from a lot supporters. I don''t agree that he''s not the best centre back at the club.

Are you judging Nelson on his two ok games? Forgotten his awful display on the first day of the season? I thought he was running with two blocks of concrete attacted to his legs!

Berthel Askou is an ok Divison One player at best, his distribution is awful. Just because he can ''''head the ball a long way'''' doesn''t make him John Terry. 

IMO Spillane is a better right back or holding midfielder than a centre back and Dumic, Stephens etc haven''t started a first team game.

I still think Doc may go in January and i''m sure a lot of you will be chuffed. One thing is for sure, he will move to a team of higher standard than us. I also think that when all the above metioned centre back''s careers have finished The Doc''s stats will read rather move impressively. 34 international caps, Prem league appearances, Championship Winners medal, Norwich City Player of the Season.........

Oh and the two clubs that came in for him on Ang transfer deadline day were allegedly Watford and Peterborough.

Houston, one good game?[/quote]There''s not point in arguing with ProblemCanary (see what I did there), especially if you use facts and figures. All he will do is invent another HILARIOUS nickname for Doherty, which I''m sure he expects amuses others, but really aren''t very clever or funny at all. The words "broken" and "record" spring to mind.And doesn''t he have some sort of role in education? If so, I really feel for his students...

Seriously, let''s look at the stats here. Rudd made two saves in the first half, and had nothing to do in the second half. Doc''s slip on the half way line nearly cost us dear when he let their player through, but it didn''t.... THAT TIME. He is a liabity and to move forward we need to look past him. I will give Doherty credit though, he''s been very professional the last couple of weeks, trained hard, and hasn''t thrown his toys out of the pram! But by his own admission, he''s gone stale. He''s been here too long now. For the his sake and ours it would be in everyones best interest if he signed for someone else.

Doherty makes one minor error shock!

So how about Askou''s hideous distribution then? Or when Russell passed the ball backwards straight to an opposing player in the second half? Do these not count?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

Doherty makes one minor error shock!

So how about Askou''s hideous distribution then? Or when Russell passed the ball backwards straight to an opposing player in the second half? Do these not count?

[/quote]

Obviously not. Doc made fewer errors than any other defenders last night. But that is usually the case anyway. You''ll never beat a fan with an agenda Graham![:O] I''d have a lot more respect for these guys if they''d just say they don''t like The Doc instead of making up reasons and falsifying stats to justify their biased opinions.

[;)]

Totally agree. Life is all about opinions but most people on here who slate Doc don''t even give a valid reason. ''''Oh he made one bad pass''''. You always notice the groan at games when The Doc misplaces a pass, Askou does it 20 times a match and people say what a solid defender he is!

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I am a poster who has constantly criticised Docherty, I believe he''s an unreliable liability.

But tonight he was brilliant. Composed, kept to his man, and looked infallible. Made a single mistake, not major, and while he WAS all over the man every time he wasn''t doing it enough to give anything away, I have to hold my hands up and admit he played really well.
[/quote]

I suppose that is better than a reliable liability!

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Man-E-Faces"]

Houston, one good game?[/quote]

There''s not point in arguing with ProblemCanary (see what I did there), especially if you use facts and figures. All he will do is invent another HILARIOUS nickname for Doherty, which I''m sure he expects amuses others, but really aren''t very clever or funny at all. The words "broken" and "record" spring to mind.

And doesn''t he have some sort of role in education? If so, I really feel for his students.

[/quote]

You are an idiot, I.S. How many good games has he had for us this year, or any year?  How many people outside of Norwich rate this guy as anything but a risky liability prone to buffoonery that destroy a team''s confidence and cost them games? You people are so pathetic. At first he was good enough for the Prem. Then when we were relegated, he was quality for the CCC. Now we''re in League 1, he is one of the best in League 1.  Don''t you see how even your own opinion of the guy is dropping steadily as you defend him?  NOBODY outside of NCFC rates this guy, and yet we are too blind to recognize what the rest of the football world knows.

We did not win 4-0 yesterday until the other team lost a player. Having that clown in the back field limits our attack when the other team is at full strength. He had a good game which is nice, but do not be so stupid to think that this is going to happen on a regular basis. 4+ seasons suggest very much otherwise.

Why would it matter if I was in education?  Would it not be possible for me to separate my job from NCFC?  Just because you can''t do it doesn''t mean everybody else can''t. Idiot.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

You are an idiot, I.S. How many good games has he had for us this year, or any year?  How many people outside of Norwich rate this guy as anything but a risky liability prone to buffoonery that destroy a team''s confidence and cost them games? You people are so pathetic. At first he was good enough for the Prem. Then when we were relegated, he was quality for the CCC. Now we''re in League 1, he is one of the best in League 1.  Don''t you see how even your own opinion of the guy is dropping steadily as you defend him?  NOBODY outside of NCFC rates this guy, and yet we are too blind to recognize what the rest of the football world knows. [/quote]Well considering he won POS a few seasons ago, I would suggest that he must have had more than a few decent games to win that accolade. I don''t know, and don''t really care, who else "rates" him as I base my opinion on the performances I see with my own eyes. If he has a bad game, I will say so, but I''m not going to slate him when he''s had a good game. Secondly, can you please not put words in my mouth you ignoramus - I don''t recall ever saying he was "good enough for the Prem", or "quality for the CCC", and I''m not convinced anyone else actually thinks that either. What I do think is that he is a better central defender than any others in the squad at the moment. Still you keep fighting your silly little battles with people who don''t actually exist, I''d just prefer it if you actually quoted what I say as opposed to what you wish I had.[quote user="Houston Canary"]

We did not win 4-0 yesterday until the other team lost a player. Having that clown in the back field limits our attack when the other team is at full strength. He had a good game which is nice, but do not be so stupid to think that this is going to happen on a regular basis. 4+ seasons suggest very much otherwise.[/quote]"Having that clown in the back field limits our attack when the other team is at full strength." What does that even mean? That because Doherty is centre back suddenly the rest of our team can''t attack? If you actually bothered to watch the game last night, you would realise that the exact opposite was true. We actually looked fantastic going forward in the last 30 mins of the first half - Doherty was bringing the ball down, keeping possession, and starting off attacks with decent distribution from central defence. It''s true that his distribution isn''t always brilliant, but you name me a centre back who can consistently ping the ball out of central defence, and I will bet that they are in a top CCC or Prem side.Askou''s distribution was appalling in comparison last night, and has been in all the games I''ve seen this season. The major difference between last night, and say Walsall at home, was the fact we played the ball out of defence and didn''t hoof it up for a midfield 50/50.[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Why would it matter if I was in education?  Would it not be possible for me to separate my job from NCFC?  Just because you can''t do it doesn''t mean everybody else can''t. Idiot.

[/quote]What it means is that I fear for your students if you don''t seem to be able to base an opinion on anything other than blind vitriol, as opposed to facts and figures. Having an opinion is one thing, but not being able to convey it rationally is not a property I would like in somebody who was teaching my children about the world. Unless you teach Creationism of course, in which case I''m sure it''s more desirable.You can call me an idiot as much as you want, frankly it just proves how half-assed your argument is. All you seem to do is utter childish nicknames and insults when Doherty is involved, disguising the fact there is actually no substance or knowledge to what you say.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Houston Canary"]

You are an idiot, I.S. How many good games has he had for us this year, or any year?  How many people outside of Norwich rate this guy as anything but a risky liability prone to buffoonery that destroy a team''s confidence and cost them games? You people are so pathetic. At first he was good enough for the Prem. Then when we were relegated, he was quality for the CCC. Now we''re in League 1, he is one of the best in League 1.  Don''t you see how even your own opinion of the guy is dropping steadily as you defend him?  NOBODY outside of NCFC rates this guy, and yet we are too blind to recognize what the rest of the football world knows.

[/quote]

Well considering he won POS a few seasons ago, I would suggest that he must have had more than a few decent games to win that accolade. I don''t know, and don''t really care, who else "rates" him as I base my opinion on the performances I see with my own eyes. If he has a bad game, I will say so, but I''m not going to slate him when he''s had a good game. Secondly, can you please not put words in my mouth you ignoramus - I don''t recall ever saying he was "good enough for the Prem", or "quality for the CCC", and I''m not convinced anyone else actually thinks that either. What I do think is that he is a better central defender than any others in the squad at the moment. Still you keep fighting your silly little battles with people who don''t actually exist, I''d just prefer it if you actually quoted what I say as opposed to what you wish I had.

We did not win 4-0 yesterday until the other team lost a player. Having that clown in the back field limits our attack when the other team is at full strength. He had a good game which is nice, but do not be so stupid to think that this is going to happen on a regular basis. 4+ seasons suggest very much otherwise.

[/quote]

"Having that clown in the back field limits our attack when the other team is at full strength."
What does that even mean? That because Doherty is centre back suddenly the rest of our team can''t attack? If you actually bothered to watch the game last night, you would realise that the exact opposite was true. We actually looked fantastic going forward in the last 30 mins of the first half - Doherty was bringing the ball down, keeping possession, and starting off attacks with decent distribution from central defence. It''s true that his distribution isn''t always brilliant, but you name me a centre back who can consistently ping the ball out of central defence, and I will bet that they are in a top CCC or Prem side.

Askou''s distribution was appalling in comparison last night, and has been in all the games I''ve seen this season. The major difference between last night, and say Walsall at home, was the fact we played the ball out of defence and didn''t hoof it up for a midfield 50/50.

[/quote]

What it means is that I fear for your students if you don''t seem to be able to base an opinion on anything other than blind vitriol, as opposed to facts and figures. Having an opinion is one thing, but not being able to convey it rationally is not a property I would like in somebody who was teaching my children about the world. Unless you teach Creationism of course, in which case I''m sure it''s more desirable.

You can call me an idiot as much as you want, frankly it just proves how half-assed your argument is. All you seem to do is utter childish nicknames and insults when Doherty is involved, disguising the fact there is actually no substance or knowledge to what you say.
[/quote]

Dimwit, I did not say YOU claimed he was Prem quality and then CCC quality.  All I said was that his defenders in general have been doing this. However, you did claim he was quality for League 1 but in your response to that, you  claim you said something different. That he was POS a few years ago was a joke. That you don''t care if no professional team outside of NCFC rates him, and that every opposing fan in England seems to get a kick out of our team''s fascination with the guy may be an admiral trait on your behald, but it only suggests you are blinded by your own twisted sense of loyalty, not that you know something the rest of the football playing world doesn''t.

What does it mean that having him in the backfield limits out attack?  It is pretty obvious what that means. D''errrr.  He may have been distributing the ball well yesterday, but that is not his normal form. And even when he was doing so, the score remained 0 - 0. His play usually unsettles the entire team, and the first 10 minutes of the match suggest that it did again yesterday.  it wasn''t until then the other players felt comfortable to play their own game instead of the "be ready to cover for blunderpuss" style that requires them to back pedal quicky and frequently.

Oh crap, another shot at creationists from someone who has never studied both sides of the debate!  I think I may have located the missing link, and it''s you. Your concept of teaching is weird and pointless.  You have no idea how to teach a class, do you.  

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

Well considering he won POS a few seasons ago, I would suggest that he must have had more than a few decent games to win that accolade. I don''t know, and don''t really care, who else "rates" him as I base my opinion on the performances I see with my own eyes. If he has a bad game, I will say so, but I''m not going to slate him when he''s had a good game. Secondly, can you please not put words in my mouth you ignoramus - I don''t recall ever saying he was "good enough for the Prem", or "quality for the CCC", and I''m not convinced anyone else actually thinks that either. What I do think is that he is a better central defender than any others in the squad at the moment. Still you keep fighting your silly little battles with people who don''t actually exist, I''d just prefer it if you actually quoted what I say as opposed to what you wish I had.

[/quote]

"Having that clown in the back field limits our attack when the other team is at full strength."
What does that even mean? That because Doherty is centre back suddenly the rest of our team can''t attack? If you actually bothered to watch the game last night, you would realise that the exact opposite was true. We actually looked fantastic going forward in the last 30 mins of the first half - Doherty was bringing the ball down, keeping possession, and starting off attacks with decent distribution from central defence. It''s true that his distribution isn''t always brilliant, but you name me a centre back who can consistently ping the ball out of central defence, and I will bet that they are in a top CCC or Prem side.

Askou''s distribution was appalling in comparison last night, and has been in all the games I''ve seen this season. The major difference between last night, and say Walsall at home, was the fact we played the ball out of defence and didn''t hoof it up for a midfield 50/50.

[/quote]

What it means is that I fear for your students if you don''t seem to be able to base an opinion on anything other than blind vitriol, as opposed to facts and figures. Having an opinion is one thing, but not being able to convey it rationally is not a property I would like in somebody who was teaching my children about the world. Unless you teach Creationism of course, in which case I''m sure it''s more desirable.

You can call me an idiot as much as you want, frankly it just proves how half-assed your argument is. All you seem to do is utter childish nicknames and insults when Doherty is involved, disguising the fact there is actually no substance or knowledge to what you say.
[/quote]

Dimwit, I did not say YOU claimed he was Prem quality and then CCC quality.  All I said was that his defenders in general have been doing this. However, you did claim he was quality for League 1 but in your response to that, you  claim you said something different. That he was POS a few years ago was a joke. That you don''t care if no professional team outside of NCFC rates him, and that every opposing fan in England seems to get a kick out of our team''s fascination with the guy may be an admiral trait on your behald, but it only suggests you are blinded by your own twisted sense of loyalty, not that you know something the rest of the football playing world doesn''t.

What does it mean that having him in the backfield limits out attack?  It is pretty obvious what that means. D''errrr.  He may have been distributing the ball well yesterday, but that is not his normal form. And even when he was doing so, the score remained 0 - 0. His play usually unsettles the entire team, and the first 10 minutes of the match suggest that it did again yesterday.  it wasn''t until then the other players felt comfortable to play their own game instead of the "be ready to cover for blunderpuss" style that requires them to back pedal quicky and frequently.

Oh crap, another shot at creationists from someone who has never studied both sides of the debate!  I think I may have located the missing link, and it''s you. Your concept of teaching is weird and pointless.  You have no idea how to teach a class, do you.  

[/quote]

You could do with studying "both sides of the debate" mate.  I think the "missing link" is between your ears!

Is that you Gordon Brown? I think you may be out of you depth entering a debate on the Jeremy Kyle Show Sir. Chucking in a couple of mild obscenities and a bit of playground name calling doesn''t accumulate to a good argument to why you think Mr Doc is such an awful footballer.

Where you actually a the game Houston? If you were you would notice that in the first 10 minutes everything dangerous was played down our right hand side. Due to Orients'' best player being the winger on loan from Spurs. Once Spillane got himself sorted we were in total control of the match. How was this Doc fault?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Right... so it was Doherty''s fault it was 0-0 for so long, because he "unsettles the team"? Whatever you say.
[/quote]

Dronny Canary, you are reading things that are not there.  Same with you Humphries.  I did NOT say it was D''OHerty''s fault there were no goals while the teams were even. I did say we did not score any until after they had a man sent off. As such, all this great ball distribution he was doing amounted to nothing. 

I was not at the game, and don''t pretend to have seen it.  I am just pointing out that those of you too blind to see the writing on the wall are way off base with your celebration of all that is Dorkerty.  You seem to have blanked from your memory the Carling Cup fiasco in which he butchered things up nicely not once but twice, and the Colchester nightmare that went quickly from bad to worse with  him as captain. THAT is the Dorkerty I want gone, and that is the one that shows up far too often, especially when you consider we signed him to play Prem, not League 1.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Right... so it was Doherty''s fault it was 0-0 for so long, because he "unsettles the team"? Whatever you say.
[/quote]

Dronny Canary, you are reading things that are not there.  Same with you Humphries.  I did NOT say it was D''OHerty''s fault there were no goals while the teams were even. I did say we did not score any until after they had a man sent off. As such, all this great ball distribution he was doing amounted to nothing. 

I was not at the game, and don''t pretend to have seen it.  I am just pointing out that those of you too blind to see the writing on the wall are way off base with your celebration of all that is Dorkerty.  You seem to have blanked from your memory the Carling Cup fiasco in which he butchered things up nicely not once but twice, and the Colchester nightmare that went quickly from bad to worse with  him as captain. THAT is the Dorkerty I want gone, and that is the one that shows up far too often, especially when you consider we signed him to play Prem, not League 1.

[/quote]

Someone with tunnel vision accusing others of being blind?  Nice one.

[/quote]

[/quote]

You can blame Doc for being captain but you cannot blame him for the Colchester fiasco.  For a combination of reasons your entire defence and midfield went missing and while he can (and no doubt would) take responsibility for his own performance it is somewhat harsh to expect him to take responsibility for that of  anyone else. 

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You can blame Doc for being captain but you cannot blame him for the Colchester fiasco.  For a combination of reasons your entire defence and midfield went missing and while he can (and no doubt would) take responsibility for his own performance it is somewhat harsh to expect him to take responsibility for that of  anyone else. 

[/quote]

He was captain, the team was unsettled (likely because he was on the field) and he did nothing to stop it, so YES I can expect him to take responsibility for others. 

No, I have a wide open view of the whole picture, Dronny.  It is you who has the blinders on, failing to see the whole picvture, which includes 2 relegations in 4 seasons, all of which produced a massive hemmoraging (obviously misspelled) of goals against. the part of the score he plays a big part in. 

Dimwit, I did not say YOU claimed he was Prem quality and then CCC quality.  All I said was that his defenders in general have been doing this. However, you did claim he was quality for League 1 but in your response to that, you  claim you said something different. That he was POS a few years ago was a joke. That you don''t care if no professional team outside of NCFC rates him, and that every opposing fan in England seems to get a kick out of our team''s fascination with the guy may be an admiral trait on your behald, but it only suggests you are blinded by your own twisted sense of loyalty, not that you know something the rest of the football playing world doesn''t. [/quote]Really, perhaps I used the literal meaning of "You people", as opposed to your interpretation? Pathetic that you try and worm your way out of it when the text is written just a little bit further up the page. Also, you have precisely no idea if any other pro teams would be interested in Doherty, but it''s pretty clear to me that you don''t really need facts to make your mind up.[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]You really are a little bit slow aren''t you (and you have the audacity to call me the missing link)? Nobody is claiming Doc is the perfect defender, but you blame him for all our problems when it is a team game. Loyalty does not come into the equation, but assuming we were to get rid of him, do you actually believe we would be able to get a better defender in considering our lack of money, and current league? If so, whom? I''m guessing you''re one of these vacuous-headed souls who like to moan and whinge without thinking whether there is actually a feasible solution.Don''t bother replying with more of your usual garbage, as I''m trying my best not to stoop to your level of petty insults. Just admit you need to make the effort to actually watch a few more games and qualify your opinions with a bit of rationality, and we will agree to disagree. Really, I''m suggesting it for your own benefit - it''s clear how much of a fool you''ve made of yourself so far on this thread, and I would be distraught to see you embarrass yourself even further.

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He was captain, the team was unsettled (likely because he was on the field) and he did nothing to stop it, so YES I can expect him to take responsibility for others. 

No, I have a wide open view of the whole picture, Dronny.  It is you who has the blinders on, failing to see the whole picvture, which includes 2 relegations in 4 seasons, all of which produced a massive hemmoraging (obviously misspelled) of goals against. the part of the score he plays a big part in. 

[/quote]

I bow down to your superior intellect and inciteful analysis.  I also acknowledge that Doherty is responsible for the credit crunch, the fall in house prices, global warming, the teenage pregnancy rate, the recent tsunami, the invasion of Iraq, Chernobyl and the hit records of Jive Bunny.  With this disgraceful record I think you''re going a bit easy on him.