Sign in to follow this  
johnnyryan1970

doherty starting!!!

I assume Spillane plays right back as Lambert didn''t want to move Korey Smith from midfield where he''s been excellent.  Well, fair enough.  Perhaps Doc is going to "babysit" Rudd.

Assuming Hughes isn''t fit to start, quite like the team selection. No big Doherty fan but I think with Semmy out this is the best way to go.

Given the circumstances, this is most probably the best decision Lambert could of made.

[quote user="JTG"]What?[/quote]Well, Leyton Orient hit the bar from 30 yards out - clearly the Doc''s fault. He partnered Askou well, but that was all about Askou.  Obviously.

He was solid as ever. Didn''t have a lot to do obviously, but what he did have to do he done well. Solid as ever. Doherty is nothing special, never has been, but at this level he is a very solid defender. People''s abuse of him is nothing but short sighted and just plain wrong. He gives the odd penalty away, yes, but not as many as people on here make out and certainly not as many as Stefanovic and Omozusi were giving away last season (when playing).He is a good squad member.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

We will win anyways, but no clean sheet. 4 to 3 now, instead of 4-0.

[/quote]......you may be far away but the 4-0 was spot on sir.

He defended superbly tonight.

Fair enough Ryan Jarvis isn''t much of a threat but Scowcroft knows the ropes and the Doc was the boss of them. And obviously he''s missed a few games but you wouldn''t have known that from his performance tonight.

Another thing that came out of tonights performance, how often do you see people criticise Doherty for having poor distribution? From what I''ve seen of our centrebacks this season Nelson, Spillane and Askou are all weaker in that area than he is.

Such a shame that we didn''t keep a clean sheet, AND we conceded a needless penalty and loads of needless free kicks. AND poor Declan Rudd played terribly because of the Donkey in front of him.

[sn]

I am a poster who has constantly criticised Docherty, I believe he''s an unreliable liability.But tonight he was brilliant. Composed, kept to his man, and looked infallible. Made a single mistake, not major, and while he WAS all over the man every time he wasn''t doing it enough to give anything away, I have to hold my hands up and admit he played really well.

I thought you were all pretty much agreed that he wasn''t very good.

This means that Donkerty has either had a sudden renaissance or...............................

[:|]

Sarcasm coming from the Donthurtme defenders is generally bitter and sarcastic, not hilarious and sarcastic like the knowledgeable fans who recognize what an overall liablity he is.  You guys need to lighten up.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

This means that Donkerty has either had a sudden renaissance or...............................

[/quote]

My vote is for or[:O]

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote]

Who knows Nutty?  Charlton fans complaining that Colchester were "too physical"[:|]

Did Charlton do any "physical stuff" against you?[:P]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote]

Who knows Nutty?  Charlton fans complaining that Colchester were "too physical"[:|]

Did Charlton do any "physical stuff" against you?[:P]

[/quote]

To be fair Cam I didn''t think Charlton were any better than us when they played here.

Already promoted according to some though[:O]

Are they crying already[:^)]