Sign in to follow this  
bristol_canary

100 goals

[quote]we''re currently top scorers in the league so it''s a possiblity, we''re 10 games in is it? if our form continues like it has and Holt, Hoolahan, Hughes and Martin stay relatively fit then I don''t see why not![/quote]I didn''t realise until they said that on TV, I nearly fell of my chair.  If we can get that many goals we''ll push Leeds and Charlton all the way.

"I didn''t realise until they said that on TV, I nearly fell of my chair.  If we can get that many goals we''ll push Leeds and Charlton all the way."

I know I was a bit shocked too, don''t know the last time when this kind of thing happened, certainly not since the promotion season if not well before that! Another shocking fact is that we haven''t had a striker who''s scored more than 20 (league) goals in a season since Chris Sutton scored 25 in 94-95, hopefully Holt will be able to do something about that this year!

23 goals in 11 games

46 goals in 22 games

69 goals in 33 games

92 goals in 44 games

Could we find another 8 goals from somewhere?

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

23 goals in 11 games

46 goals in 22 games

69 goals in 33 games

92 goals in 44 games

[/quote]

From the 2 other matches I guess

[quote user="King Korey"]surely Earnshaw was a 20 goal a season man. he got 20 if i remember and if he hadn''t had a few months out he could of got 30![/quote]17 by Jan then the injury restricted him to 19 goals that season.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="King Korey"]surely Earnshaw was a 20 goal a season man. he got 20 if i remember and if he hadn''t had a few months out he could of got 30![/quote]

17 by Jan then the injury restricted him to 19 goals that season.
[/quote]

I think he scored 27 goals in 45 games for us. If we''d have had him fit for a full season I reckon he''d have got 20.

[quote user="Captain Holt"]Did Iwan not get 20?[/quote]Haha! Finally someone noticed. [:D]98-99 Season, 23 goals.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="King Korey"]surely Earnshaw was a 20 goal a season man. he got 20 if i remember and if he hadn''t had a few months out he could of got 30![/quote]17 by Jan then the injury restricted him to 19 goals that season.[/quote]

I think he scored 27 goals in 45 games for us. If we''d have had him fit for a full season I reckon he''d have got 20.

[/quote]If we had him for a full season he wouldn''t of been far from 30.He was on hot form in his last season with us (until the injury came about).

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="King Korey"]surely Earnshaw was a 20 goal a season man. he got 20 if i remember and if he hadn''t had a few months out he could of got 30![/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If we had him for a full season he wouldn''t of been far from 30.

He was on hot form in his last season with us (until the injury came about).
[/quote]

I agree John.

Earny would always get you goals. He''s the only player to score hat-tricks in all four divisions of the League, the FA Cup, the League Cup and his country. He never bagged one for us though.[:(]

In my time only Iwan Roberts, Chris Sutton, Kevin Drinkell, John Deehan, Justin Fashanu and Ted MacDougall (twice!) have scored 20 or more in a season for us.

For me the best ever goalscorer for us has to be Ted MacDougal simply because he scored he scored 66 goals in 138 games, 20+ twice, and 28 in one season at the highest level.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]As long as we don''t play Walsall every week. [;)][/quote]

No problem if we play Hoolahan every time !!

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="Captain Holt"]Did Iwan not get 20?[/quote]

Haha! Finally someone noticed. [:D]

98-99 Season, 23 goals.
[/quote]

... and surely Craig Bellamy would have gone on to score at least 20 in the season that he was maliciously crocked by Muscat.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="Captain Holt"]Did Iwan not get 20?[/quote]Haha! Finally someone noticed. [:D]98-99 Season, 23 goals.[/quote]

... and surely Craig Bellamy would have gone on to score at least 20 in the season that he was maliciously crocked by Muscat.

[/quote]He was certainly on course before the injury... I remember an Evening News article that season profiling the lethal Bellamy/Roberts attack and how they were racing each other to 20... Having Holt on target for the golden 20 is fine, but oh to have two strikers heading there........ thems were the days... [:)]

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="Captain Holt"]Did Iwan not get 20?[/quote]Haha! Finally someone noticed. [:D]98-99 Season, 23 goals.[/quote]

[/quote]Yes he almost certainly would have done. Just looked it up, he scored 19 goals for us that year. That injury probably cost us a shot at the play-offs that year.

[quote user="refjezhitchin"][quote user="refjezhitchin"]

23 goals in 11 games

46 goals in 22 games

69 goals in 33 games

92 goals in 44 games

[/quote]

From the 2 other matches I guess

[/quote]

what about cup??

Iwan scored 19 in the League in 1998-99, and four more in the FA and League Cups.So while it''s true that he scored 23 goals, Hoolahan''s Middle Finger was right to say we haven''t had a striker score 20+ in the league since Sutton.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

he had 19 in half a season, i would think so NN [;)]