Sign in to follow this  
????

Why?

Why has our offer for Seaborne been made so public? in the past our offers for players were hardly ever made public were they?Now ive never heard of this player before, but apparantly he is quite highly rated, now its made public surely this has come to the attention of other clubs (bigger clubs) after a cheap young defender. And may ruin our chances of signing him...bad move by the club. agree?

I would imagine that it would be Exeter wanting more money and getting other clubs interested for a bidding war.

[quote user="Barlodona"]Why has our offer for Seaborne been made so public? in the past our offers for players were hardly ever made public were they?Now ive never heard of this player before, but apparantly he is quite highly rated, now its made public surely this has come to the attention of other clubs (bigger clubs) after a cheap young defender. And may ruin our chances of signing him...bad move by the club. agree?[/quote]

Other clubs have been tracking Seaborne - not just you.  Steve Perryman says it was a derisory offer - it may have been "five figures" but we believe it to be below £50,000 (You paid that for Cody).  Perryman says: "There are reports that Norwich offered a player in exchange but that is completely untrue.  The Norwich valuation is a complete joke.  I accept that we may well lose him to a bigger club but we are not going to lose him for the sort of money they are offering.  Norwich wrote to us with an offer which is completely unrealistic."

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Barlodona"]Why has our offer for Seaborne been made so public? in the past our offers for players were hardly ever made public were they?Now ive never heard of this player before, but apparantly he is quite highly rated, now its made public surely this has come to the attention of other clubs (bigger clubs) after a cheap young defender. And may ruin our chances of signing him...bad move by the club. agree?[/quote]

Other clubs have been tracking Seaborne - not just you.  Steve Perryman says it was a derisory offer - it may have been "five figures" but we believe it to be below £50,000 (You paid that for Cody).  Perryman says: "There are reports that Norwich offered a player in exchange but that is completely untrue.  The Norwich valuation is a complete joke.  I accept that we may well lose him to a bigger club but we are not going to lose him for the sort of money they are offering.  Norwich wrote to us with an offer which is completely unrealistic."

[/quote]a dartford fan told me 20k with a 20% sell on. anyway. ive never heard of seabourne and given our last transaction with exeter..id steer clear.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]lambert wants to make it public and this will make the fans give their opinions so he can see if he should continue the  pursuit of him![/quote]Its obvious that Banana made this public just so he could make a comment on it and thus boost his post count, however I tipped him off so that I could reply to his comment and remind him that quantity is not always quality and in this case its two carts of horse much too many!

Nope.  You ended up very close to £50k for Cody but there are add ons - sell ons, first team appearances, goals scored.