Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Stockport tickets go on sale

Just looked on official site and tickets for the Stockport game have gone on sale.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/Tickets/0,,10355~1819556,00.html

Seems like quite good value compared to some games we''ve had in recent years.

£17? Stockport have always been good for ticket prices. I went to quite a few of their games when I was studying up North. Excellent fans, but no roof on the away end.

£12 for me [:)]

will probably pop over as its not far from Sheffield, but anyone been to Stockport''s ground recently, and can say what its like?? Also the rough away allocation and if its worth getting tickets sooner rather than later

The stadium is typical League One/Two fare - nothing great. The vast majority of Stockport fans sit in the Cheadle End, the one nice stand behind one of the goals. Opposite them will be the away fans, and this means that it can be hard for banter to spring up between the crowds as they''re too far away - though that was only really a problem because most teams I saw them against were League Two, and didn''t take many fans...Away end is uncovered, but if loads go they might open areas along one of the side stands - sometimes happens. Local area has a ton of chavvy pubs - I had some less than wonderful experiences in them.

1 of the few away games i can make this year from Notts, all of the east midlands and sheffield clubs are in the championship.

Most will know but the Norwich-Liverpool train passes through Stockport, should be able to get a return ticket for well under £50, if you don''t fancy the long drive

i live in stockport, probably just pay on the door, anyone else from stockport or near that post on hear?

[quote user="Barlodona"]i live in stockport, probably just pay on the door, anyone else from stockport or near that post on hear?[/quote]

*here

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]1 of the few away games i can make this year from Notts, all of the east midlands and sheffield clubs are in the championship. Most will know but the Norwich-Liverpool train passes through Stockport, should be able to get a return ticket for well under £50, if you don''t fancy the long drive[/quote]

Thats about four and half hours from Norwich to Stockport via East Midlands train. However if you are planning to travel early on Saturday 31st October from Norwich, there may be a replacement bus between Norwich and Peterborough - please check this for yourself.

[quote user="Barlodona"]i live in stockport, probably just pay on the door, anyone else from stockport or near that post on hear?[/quote]

My Mrs lives there so I''m up often, enjoyed a good few Sky games in the Griffin, Heaton Mersey

Been to Stockport a few times in the past.  Never had any problems there and ''The Greyhound'' was a fantastic real ale pub not far from the ground - don''t know if it still is?  Also you get a cracking view of the planes flying into Ringway Airport if the game is crap.

[8o|]