Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

Theo "didn't show up" according to Michael Bailey on live feed

Let everybody down.Should be back off to Australia.... Shame it didn''t work out.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Yes but the team bus doesn''t go door to door to collect the players, do they? Christ almighty.[/quote].... Calm the attitude Googler. [A]

If that''s the case and he''s left us without cover without a bloody good excuse (and we''d have to be talking the sweetest peach of an excuse) then he should never get near the first team again.Banish to the reserves and get rid asap.Despite his part in the opening league game (and he was only a part of it) I was more than happy to give him another chance once he''d shown a bit of potential in the reserves.As Lambert rightly said on the radio, no one is bigger than the club.

Lets see if there is a valid explanation first! Maybe he ran out of petrol and phone credit!

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Michael on the feed said Steer is on international duty also.[/quote]They could both be useful in our first team at the moment (Rudd and Steer), but it is certainly comforting to know they''re making great strides, not only at the club, but at international level too, into becoming two (potentially) considerably good keepers.However Theoklitos is hardly performing the role Gunn wanted him to, in ''influencing'' our promising up and coming talent is he? (At least not the kind of influence you''d imagine he wanted ie. Throwing your toys out the pram when the going gets tough mentality....)

[quote user="Hollywood Canary"]Surely we can at least get rid now without having to pay any off his contract etc?[/quote]

Hollywood - I was thinking the exact same thing. Do we not now have a leg to stand on to sack on the basis of gross misconduct? Obviously we don''t know the ins and outs of what''s happened (so perhaps gross misconduct are incorrect words) but if it would appear that he''s "not turned up" against the managers wishes we must have some sway in terminating his contract without having to pay it off?

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]A goalkeeper that can''t even catch a bus.[/quote]Excellent!Sadly though, unless we can agree a settlement we are going to have to pay him off.

can`t we just sack him ? surely not turning up for a match if your a proffesional footballer  is a sackable offence  ?  [:D]

it should have ended at half time at the colchester game , his attitude after that game was shocking ."it was one of those things ... hardly the worst defeat in norwich history is not on of those things... he owed it to himself to prove a point to the fans .the worst keeper in our history i would say .

Daft.Most would have given him a reasonable welcome had he been given a run at some point. I for one would have liked to see him tonight. But if this is a mardy response to being given the bench then it''s cheerio.

The Curious Case of Michael Theoklitos"Treated shabbily by the national team powerbrokers and the Sydney clique in the local soccer media, there wasn''t much reason for Theoklitos to hang around in Australia. Melbourne fans will tell you he''s been the A-League''s outstanding keeper for the last four years - and the continued snub from the national team has been a scandal." He was Bryan Gunn''s number one target!!And manager Bryan Gunn, a great favourite in his own days between the Carrow Road sticks, said: "Michael has always been the number one target this summer, so obviously I''m delighted he''s put pen to paper."He was fairly solid against Palace and Wigan in pre-seasonEverton were very close to signing himMaybe he was just overwhelmed by the occasion and his confidence has been knocked hugely ever since.He seems like a nice guy, and I think someone on here said he was fairly jovial last Tuesday. So why he wouldn''t turn up surprises me. Perhaps he had hoped that he would get a chance to prove himself, found out hewasn''t selected and had enough?I imagine he will probably go back to Melbourne Victory, they''d love to have him back.

Reasoned summary bump. But you just don''t leave the team you work for without cover for a cup match (regardless of how apparently important it is deemed to be). Better to show steel, make the bus and put in a solid warm up for the selected number one and keep knocking.

[quote user="PLAMBERT"]send the tosser back to his convict colony.[/quote]

Which was of course peopled by convicts from Britain.