Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

Goalkeeping situation on Saturday..

So Forster in goal.

But are we going to be able to put a keeper on the bench?

Rudd on international duty

Skippy hopped off somewhere

Even Jed Steer is injured.

Only thing I can think of is.. Cody?

Any ideas?

[quote user="King Korey"]So Forster in goal.

Any ideas?[/quote]i don''t think jed''s injured. According to m.b on tuesday, hes on international duty too

[quote user="lappinitup"]It''s ok, I''ve already contacted Lambert and told him I''m available. I just need to borrow some boots..........[/quote]

And stilts and pep pills and a new truss and.........[:D]

lovelace (is that his name? love-something anyway) is on loan for the youth team... not sure if this will apply for the seniors too. Otherwise i am sure if Theo hasn''t been sacked (wouldn''t be suprised if he had been) then maybe we might get someone in on a short term loan.

[quote user="lordyfan"][quote user="King Korey"]So Forster in goal.

Any ideas?[/quote]i don''t think jed''s injured. According to m.b on tuesday, hes on international duty too[/quote]sorry, was thinking of declan. Shoulda read post first. Classic case of engaging fingers before brain

I''m sure Lambert would not be foolish enough to name a bench without a goalkeeper on it, it just tempts fate. However, I dont think Theo will be first in his mind. If its too late to get someone in, or no youngsters are ready, I think it may be time to register Paul Crichton up so that he can provide some form of experienced cover should he be needed.

Theo Will Be On The Bench Methinks. On The News It Said, ''The Matter Had Been Dealt With And There Is No Reason Not To Consider Him For The Team On Saturday.'' But The Real Question Is........ Will He Miss The Bus Tomorrow Or Not? [:P]

[quote user="lappinitup"]It''s ok, I''ve already contacted Lambert and told him I''m available. I just need to borrow some boots..........[/quote]

I''m so glad about that, he asked me but I told him I dived for a ball these days I would probably rock myself to sleep  

[quote user="JenJen"]Theo Will Be On The Bench Methinks. On The News It Said, ''The Matter Had Been Dealt With And There Is No Reason Not To Consider Him For The Team On Saturday.'' But The Real Question Is........ Will He Miss The Bus Tomorrow Or Not? [:P][/quote]Nah, he''s coming by Kangaroo

[quote user="West Ham Canary"]I''m sure Lambert would not be foolish enough to name a bench without a goalkeeper on it, it just tempts fate. However, I dont think Theo will be first in his mind. If its too late to get someone in, or no youngsters are ready, I think it may be time to register Paul Crichton up so that he can provide some form of experienced cover should he be needed.[/quote]

He did it several times at Colchester with no "disciplinary" background and scared the **** out of us.  Although apparently Clive Platt goes in goal at some training games[;)]

Oi! I think there is a little secret I should let you in on. Theo is a dual citizen, he is at Norwich on his GREEK passport.

Australia have lots of players with dual citizenships so there is an unspoken rule, player does good = Australian, player does bad = OTHER.

Same applied to Bosnich when he went on his bender at Chelsea, News reports read, "Bosnich, who has Croatian heritage,........."

Get with the program! :P

(Just BTW, I think many of you are just being a tad harsh on the poor bloke, stop making him the scapegoat for the Colchester match, most of that team played crap in that match and Theo is the only one who has not been given a second chance to prove himself.)

[quote user="Mick Dundee"]Oi! I think there is a little secret I should let you in on. Theo is a dual citizen, he is at Norwich on his GREEK passport. Australia have lots of players with dual citizenships so there is an unspoken rule, player does good = Australian, player does bad = OTHER. Same applied to Bosnich when he went on his bender at Chelsea, News reports read, "Bosnich, who has Croatian heritage,........." Get with the program! :P (Just BTW, I think many of you are just being a tad harsh on the poor bloke, stop making him the scapegoat for the Colchester match, most of that team played crap in that match and Theo is the only one who has not been given a second chance to prove himself.)[/quote]

Whatever Theo has done now he was not to blame for seven goals v Colchester.  He''s a convenient scapegoat as the last man (it comes with the territory) - the first a classic back pass howler by Semmy which Theo didn''t do well with but had he managed to touch it that would have led to a free kick to Colchester anyway.  The second was down to him: it was a spill.

I''ve watched the DVD of that game and it''s hard to fault him as the sole cause of the remainder.  It was Blue Square Conference marking at the back (and lower Blue Square Conference at that), a defence completely incapable of coping with pace (Step forward Horatio Nelson out of whom Lisbie extracted the urine).

Two Norwich players came out of that game with a 90 minute credit to me (just an opinion) - Doherty who never stopped trying but at some stage realised he alone was the "back formation" and The Hooligan who tried to the very end.

The rest, at various points, left us at either 3-0 or 4-0.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Mick Dundee"]Oi! I think there is a little secret I should let you in on. Theo is a dual citizen, he is at Norwich on his GREEK passport. Australia have lots of players with dual citizenships so there is an unspoken rule, player does good = Australian, player does bad = OTHER. Same applied to Bosnich when he went on his bender at Chelsea, News reports read, "Bosnich, who has Croatian heritage,........." Get with the program! :P (Just BTW, I think many of you are just being a tad harsh on the poor bloke, stop making him the scapegoat for the Colchester match, most of that team played crap in that match and Theo is the only one who has not been given a second chance to prove himself.)[/quote]

Whatever Theo has done now he was not to blame for seven goals v Colchester.  He''s a convenient scapegoat as the last man (it comes with the territory) - the first a classic back pass howler by Semmy which Theo didn''t do well with but had he managed to touch it that would have led to a free kick to Colchester anyway.  The second was down to him: it was a spill.

I''ve watched the DVD of that game and it''s hard to fault him as the sole cause of the remainder.  It was Blue Square Conference marking at the back (and lower Blue Square Conference at that), a defence completely incapable of coping with pace (Step forward Horatio Nelson out of whom Lisbie extracted the urine).

Two Norwich players came out of that game with a 90 minute credit to me (just an opinion) - Doherty who never stopped trying but at some stage realised he alone was the "back formation" and The Hooligan who tried to the very end.

The rest, at various points, left us at either 3-0 or 4-0.

[/quote]

This about sums up why you are considered by many to be full of sh!t, Camel toe.  7 goals against and you think Donkerty and Thicklitoris are the players of the game. What a larf.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="JenJen"]Theo Will Be On The Bench Methinks. On The News It Said, ''The Matter Had Been Dealt With And There Is No Reason Not To Consider Him For The Team On Saturday.'' But The Real Question Is........ Will He Miss The Bus Tomorrow Or Not? [:P][/quote]

Nah, he''s coming by Kangaroo
[/quote]

Brilliant! [:|]

On an Italian football show this week, I caught the tail end of some highlights from Germany, I think, and a keeper who makes Theo look like Shilton. Came out of his area and dive headed the ball forward straight to an opponent who chipped it from long range into the net. Bizarre stuff...but then he went and did it again with eactly the same result! Thought I was watching a replay at first but it was a different incident. Anyone else see this?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]This about sums up why you are considered by many to be full of sh!t, Camel toe.  7 goals against and you think Donkerty and Thicklitoris are the players of the game. What a larf. [/quote]That''s really clever son. Tell your dad it will only cost a quid to get you into Carrow Rd. [:S]

"On an Italian football show this week, I caught the tail end of some highlights from Germany, I think, and a keeper who makes Theo look like Shilton. Came out of his area and dive headed the ball forward straight to an opponent who chipped it from long range into the net. Bizarre stuff...but then he went and did it again with eactly the same result! Thought I was watching a replay at first but it was a different incident. Anyone else see this?"

Yeah - some kid on his debut! I didn''t think the headers were that bad - he was very, very unlucky!

Lambert''s not being straight with you mate.

He''s just tying up a one week emergency loan with Cam - he used to keep for Reading at one time you know.

And he''s keeping you on the backburner as the deal with Cam is taking longer than expected. Apparently the girl upstairs is his emergency agent - and hanging tough. 

Quite frankly I think you should get the job. Dunno if you can trust Colchester folks this season especially being as we pinched Lambo from them - it''s a bit close to Ipswich too.

Good luck.

OTBC