Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Best goal never scored a Carrow Road

A fantastic solo run, finsihed with a blast just over the bar...

A beautiful passing movement foiled by a great save...

A thundering shot from far out that rattled a post....

Nominations please.

My nomination is Dion Dublin''s strike from the halfway line for his last game at Carrow Road, I think it may of been against Barnsley.

The keeper was having a stinker anyway kept coming way off his line, think Russell may of challenged him about 30 yards out and scored.

But Dublin came on as a sub, picked up the ball and the keeper was way off his line and nearly lobbed him from halfway line would''ve been a quality finish!

When this thread came up before, us old war horses seemed to think the Fashanu stunner vs Liverpool was the best.  Too bad we lost the game, but that was one heck of a goal!

I seem to recall Keith O''Neill go on a long winding run and fire into the keeper after beating the whole of the oppositon, QPR i think. I remember it being good but perhaps it was one of those seems better in your memory moments!

"David Bentley''s strike against Man United wasn''t a bad hit. Shame it hit the bar"

I was in a sports bar in Birmingham watching that.

That''s got my nomination too. Difficult remembering goals that never were!

My favourites are:   Huckerby''s against Birmingham and Safri''s against Newcastle

Malky''s 25 yarder against the scum.....inches over the bar.I think it was his one and only long range shot.

Robert Rosario''s 45yd half volley v Southampton in a 4-4 thriller. 1989/90orFor pure emotion....Ashton''s last minute header v Newcastle. Not the greatest goal but the winner in injury after Kluivert had equilised in the 90th min.orHucks v Cardiff. Ran the legth of the pitch. Vintage Hucks. His best ever goal for us IMO.

What''s amazing is just how many people post without reading the thread.Greatest goal that never was? Daryl Sutch''s penalty miss in Cardiff...

[quote user="lynn canary"]David Bentley''s strike against Man United wasn''t a bad hit. Shame it hit the bar[/quote]And shame it was at Old Trafford [;)]On a related note (sort of), Alex Notman always seemed to have spectacular long-range efforts either force the ''keeper into the save of his life, or hit the woodwork. Never had much luck, bless him.

lol don''t think some people have got this thread....

Cody McDonald a few weeks back over head kick at 2-2 in the dying seconds...imagine if that would''ve gone in!!!

I know it sounds daft but I nearly did the same thing, you get an optical illusion with your eyes and turn never into ever just missing the ''n''. I stopped myself just in time after reading what first poster wrote in initial piece.

Dion Dublins effort against QPR without a doubt in my lifetime.Lee Camp was having a rotten day (i genuinely feel he wanted us to win). Took the ball out 30-35 yards on two occasions. First attempt, Fozzy ended up with the ball, missing the wide open goal. Second time he was punished by a far more clinical Russell in pretty much exactly the same position.Later in the game Dion was holding the ball about 50 yards out and literally did a chip, that had Lee camp rushing to his goal line only for it to miss by a fraction of a distance. Would have most probably put Camp up there with the likes of Theoklitos for worst performances ever seen at Carrow Road. The relief on his face was there for all to see (as well as a slight chuckle for a fairly ''speculative'' effort from Dion).Epic, and yet such a shame.

[quote user="Satriales"]I seem to recall Keith O''Neill go on a long winding run and fire into the keeper after beating the whole of the oppositon, QPR i think.

I remember it being good but perhaps it was one of those seems better in your memory moments!
[/quote]

Wasn''t that the game against Reading? I remember it was a horrible wet afternoon, and O''Neill had only just got into the side. I think that Kenny Brown junior was playing for Reading that day. Of course I could be wrong and my mind is playing tricks on me again.

Also can you remember in the game before that QPR one against Colchester when we won 5-1, Dublin also lobbed the keeper from about the half way line and it hit the under side of the bar and then Cureton fired over the re bound from about 6 yards?

The shot that hit the bar at the river end against Inter Milan. Would have squared the tie. Think it was Chippy (or did he blast the rebound over?).

Didn''t Steeno (Nedergaard) have a 40 yard shot that hit the bar? Not sure if that was at Carrow Road or away.By the way, "best goal never scored at Carrow Road" can also be:- best goal scored at any other stadium, as it than never was scored at Carrow Road...... [:D]- or best "almost goal" at Carrow Road

Ah just before half time against Bristol Rovers last weekend, the ball sat up for Grant Holt who took it 1st time on the volley, ended up going out for a throw, but imagine that one going in?

[quote user="crab"]The shot that hit the bar at the river end against Inter Milan. Would have squared the tie. Think it was Chippy (or did he blast the rebound over?).[/quote]

that was van goss

1st season back i the Championship in a 0-0 draw with Palace. Long ball forward from Greeno chested down by Ashton who dropped a shoulder to send the defender the wrong way then from fully 35 yards hit the ball on the half volley, it never went more than a foot off the floor before crashing into Kiralys left hand post, would have been goal of the season if it had gone in!!!