Sign in to follow this  
stevencfc4eva

Mark Lawrenson predicts the future of norwich..

[quote user="leedscanary"]I''m not even going to waste my time with this - Mark Lawrenson is a C ock.[/quote]

Personally,i would use another four letter word begining with C....[Y]

Haven''t ever been his biggest fan, but to be fair to Lawrenson, when this was recorded (seems to have been at the end of August) there were plenty of our own supporters saying much the same!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Haven''t ever been his biggest fan, but to be fair to Lawrenson, when this was recorded (seems to have been at the end of August) there were plenty of our own supporters saying much the same![/quote]

And to be fair it has never been fully answered why the board allowed Gunn to buy so many players if they really had as little faith in him as we are lead to believe........

The local press never bothered to try too hard to get an answer............

Maybe the real truth of Gunn''s sacking is somewhat different to the events described by McNally and the club.

And FWIW I think Paul Lambert may be the single best thing to happen to the club in a long time............

Shame he is currently scrambling for transfer fees (Seabourne) because the previous manager appears to have blown most of the budget.

The board must share some of the blame as the OK''d every single transfer.

i think he needs to continue with his tablets ..he looks drunk .!!!

did he not follow the results last week ..? maybe he needs to change his medication ....!!!

Look at the date it''s 25th of august. Yes he''s a crap pundit and doesn''t really know what going on but when he said it we weren''t exactly flying high or playing well.

Davo

Truly a case of Putting one''s brain into gear before putting gob into motion, never have much time for this plonker, even when we were in the prem him and that other dicked Hanson never gave any credit, not even when we beat Manure, they both said manure were on an off day and we were lucky. what does this dicked know about football anyway, he was pure tripe when he played, and Hanson, well the less said the better

Whatever you say about the players coming in. Thank god we were able to sign them.

Can you imagine what would have happened if we didn''t sign anyone. We would have had to gone down the loan route again and all that.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Haven''t ever been his biggest fan, but to be fair to Lawrenson, when this was recorded (seems to have been at the end of August) there were plenty of our own supporters saying much the same![/quote]

And to be fair it has never been fully answered why the board allowed Gunn to buy so many players if they really had as little faith in him as we are lead to believe........

Maybe the real truth of Gunn''s sacking is somewhat different to the events described by McNally and the club.

And FWIW I think Paul Lambert may be the single best thing to happen to the club in a long time............

Shame he is currently scrambling for transfer fees (Seabourne) because the previous manager appears to have blown most of the budget.

[/quote]

Of course the Board must take some of the the blame for Gunn''s bad signings in the same way they and Gunn should take credit for the good signings. Are you saying that it''s a shame that Gunn blew the bulk of his budget on Holt and Hughes ? ha ha. How big do you think Gunn''s budget was anyway ?! And of course, the reasons for Gunn''s departure are very different from those stated. Some say that Lambert''s arrival was a done deal before the opening game of the season but I wouldn''t like to comment on that. Gunn is much maligned but that''s in the nature of people especially most on here. It seems so ridiculous to keep saying this but Lambert''s success is with the squad of players that Gunn assembled. Apart from that disastrous one-off opening game Gunn had resolutely cleared out players, gave youth their chance (this new policy was not started by Lambert as so many claim on here) , brought in some real quality but made a howler with the appointment of Theoklitis. Days after the Colchester disaster I went, with trepidation and apprehension, to Yeovil and what did I see ? I saw fabulous attacking football from a group of highly motivated players, Hoolahan playing from the start and 4 goals away from home. His signings Hughes and Holt were immense and the team/squad sheet is basically the blueprint with which Lambert has achieved success with - except that it took the stubborn Lambert too long to swallow his pride and play Hoolahan. Anyway, that scintillating 4-0 away victory was not scripted and must have really p_____d off the powers that be and they still sacked him the next day. As I said, the die was already cast and IMO Gunn was wanted out before the start of the season and he knew it. Praise Lambert if you want and of course as the current Norwich manager he has my support but there is no need to carry on this mindless, thoughtless criticism of Gunn.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]

but there is no need to carry on this mindless, thoughtless criticism of Gunn.[/quote]

The critcism on this thread is neither mindless or thoughtless and it''s directed to Lawrenson.

What thread are you reading[8-|]

its hardly surprising he is not a manager , after winning  4-0 and 5-1  and an away win of 1-0 and the top scorer in the leauge he couldnt be more wrong .

or didnt he realise that ..?

Bob Franklin - I''m not sure how you worked your pro-Gunny rant into this thread.

However, I''ll think you''ll find most on here still hold Gunny in high regard although we all know that he wasn''t, shouldn''t have been and never will be a good manager.

Have the good grace to accept this and stop going on about it being Gunns team/signings whatever.

No one is denying that he made some good signings but he just wasn''t a (good) manager - end of.

He had ample opportunity to get us out of the relegation mire at the end of last season and don''t go on about how he inherited Roeders squad, had no money to spend (and no time spend it in.)

A good manager, even Roeder would have kept us up IMHO.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote] Of course the Board must take some of the the blame for Gunn''s bad signings in the same way they and Gunn should take credit for the good signings. Are you saying that it''s a shame that Gunn blew the bulk of his budget on Holt and Hughes ? ha ha. How big do you think Gunn''s budget was anyway ?! And of course, the reasons for Gunn''s departure are very different from those stated. Some say that Lambert''s arrival was a done deal before the opening game of the season but I wouldn''t like to comment on that. Gunn is much maligned but that''s in the nature of people especially most on here. It seems so ridiculous to keep saying this but Lambert''s success is with the squad of players that Gunn assembled. Apart from that disastrous one-off opening game Gunn had resolutely cleared out players, gave youth their chance (this new policy was not started by Lambert as so many claim on here) , brought in some real quality but made a howler with the appointment of Theoklitis. Days after the Colchester disaster I went, with trepidation and apprehension, to Yeovil and what did I see ? I saw fabulous attacking football from a group of highly motivated players, Hoolahan playing from the start and 4 goals away from home. His signings Hughes and Holt were immense and the team/squad sheet is basically the blueprint with which Lambert has achieved success with - except that it took the stubborn Lambert too long to swallow his pride and play Hoolahan. Anyway, that scintillating 4-0 away victory was not scripted and must have really p_____d off the powers that be and they still sacked him the next day. As I said, the die was already cast and IMO Gunn was wanted out before the start of the season and he knew it. Praise Lambert if you want and of course as the current Norwich manager he has my support but there is no need to carry on this mindless, thoughtless criticism of Gunn.[/quote]

Holy smoke....... my post had nothing to do with Gunn. I have no idea wheer you came up with your rant.

I am actually one of the few who has said he signed some decent players............

The bottom line is Gunn could not motivate the players last season and we were easily relegated. (results based business)

I think he was incredibly lucky to be offered another shot after frankly failing badly.

You cannot dismiss the Colchester result as if it didn''t happen..........We were destroyed........ worst result in our history at Carrow road.

Lambert exposed the tactical naivety that Gunn showed.

Its also interesting that Lambert was amazed how poor the fitness levels were at the club............

There were obviously some major underlying problems at the club.

IMHO Gunn may have been sacked a bit early but it was only delaying the inevitable.

It should be obvious to everyone that Paul Lambert is far superior manager to Bryan Gunn............. I think we made the correct decision but maybe the timing was poor.

We should have been brave and sacked/demoted Gunn and brought in Lambert in the summer.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

but there is no need to carry on this mindless, thoughtless criticism of Gunn.[/quote]

The critcism on this thread is neither mindless or thoughtless and it''s directed to Lawrenson.

[/quote]

Hmmm........

Truly a case of Putting one''s brain into gear before putting gob into motion, never have much time for this plonker, even when we were in the prem him and that other dicked Hanson never gave any credit, not even when we beat Manure, they both said manure were on an off day and we were lucky. what does this dicked know about football anyway, he was pure tripe when he played, and Hanson, well the less said the better

by Pete_Norwich

Hmmmmm.....

Bet you''d like him on your free bet thread though...............[pi]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Hmmm........

by Pete_Norwich

Hmmmmm.....

OTBC

[/quote]

[^o)] I''m sure there''s a point to this somewhere..............................

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Hmmm........

by Pete_Norwich

Hmmmmm.....

OTBC

[/quote]

[^o)] I''m sure there''s a point to this somewhere..............................

[/quote]

Ok. Step by step in deep pink and bold.

plus

nutty nigel

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 27/08/2006
Posts 7,816

Okydoke?

OTBC

Re: Mark Lawrenson predicts the future of norwich..

Reply Quote

We certainly don''t want him on the Free Bet threadSurprise [:O]

OTBC