Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

And last nights OSCAR goes to...The Orient Keeper

First he sat up, then spread-eagled himself on the floor in what can only be described as a Gielgud-esque performance , bringing a crescendo to his overall all Time Wasting antics.

Unconscious, with seconds to live, the whole of the Norfolk St John’s Ambulance staff were force to run on to the pitch to try and save the player as his life slipped away in front of our very eyes. The amount of equipment was to behold, with bags, back boards and machines that go “ping” all carried on to the playing surface. Dramatically even a fat bloke from Orient waddled on for, it would seem, no apparent reason.

Yet five minutes later our theatrical friend was able to run, moan, walk, moan, jump, dive and moan some more, before his true test of flexibility arrived, as he bent to pick the ball out of the net four times.

Long live the successor to the Paddy Kenny Dying Swan Goal keeping award.

I think that he had a bang on his head and was groggy for the rest, Adams said that the players thought he was genuinely ill.

Well now, I had a conversation with the guy in the row behind as to whether we''d feel guilty if we sang [8]"Dig a hole ''n f................ " and then the worst happened[:O]

After a little discussion we decided to go for it and got a fair bit of stick from the East East East Londoners for our trouble.[:''(]

But after he was miraculously brought back from the dead it was those who didn''t join in that felt guilty [;)]

I don''t know if anyone else noticed this but it was during this stoppage when Lambert got the players together and spoke to them at length, and it was after this stoppage that we started pushing the ball wider and wider and pulling the ten men to pieces.  So I guess the timewasting really backfired.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I don''t know if anyone else noticed this but it was during this stoppage when Lambert got the players together and spoke to them at length, and it was after this stoppage that we started pushing the ball wider and wider and pulling the ten men to pieces.  So I guess the timewasting really backfired.

[/quote]

Have so say, Had I been the ref last night I would have sent him to the side line and called him back on after play had resumed, why should he be any different, he was,as it seemed to be only time wasting, and should have been booked,   

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I don''t know if anyone else noticed this but it was during this stoppage when Lambert got the players together and spoke to them at length, and it was after this stoppage that we started pushing the ball wider and wider and pulling the ten men to pieces.  So I guess the timewasting really backfired.

[/quote]

Have so say, Had I been the ref last night I would have sent him to the side line and called him back on after play had resumed, why should he be any different, he was,as it seemed to be only time wasting, and should have been booked,   

[/quote]

Because the law states that the keeper is different.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I don''t know if anyone else noticed this but it was during this stoppage when Lambert got the players together and spoke to them at length, and it was after this stoppage that we started pushing the ball wider and wider and pulling the ten men to pieces.  So I guess the timewasting really backfired.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Exactly, you can''t expect the keeper to go off the pitch for treatment, losing a midfielder to treatment is one thing, but taking the keeper off would lead to a massively unfair advantage to the opposing team.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I don''t know if anyone else noticed this but it was during this stoppage when Lambert got the players together and spoke to them at length, and it was after this stoppage that we started pushing the ball wider and wider and pulling the ten men to pieces.  So I guess the timewasting really backfired.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Exactly, you can''t expect the keeper to go off the pitch for treatment, losing a midfielder to treatment is one thing, but taking the keeper off would lead to a massively unfair advantage to the opposing team.[/quote]not with our shooting usually.

Shocking case of obvious time wasting. We must find a way to stop goalkeepers from doing this.

Neil Adams claimed after the game that when a keeper gets a head or neck injury, it then becomes the complete responsibility of the paramedics to ensure he is 100% safe to carry on, and thus the game cannot restart until they have given it the green light.Whether their keeper was play acting to them too is another story..

i know the club doctor well who was called onto the pitch (also wears the aviva kit) and he couldnt believe he was called on.

there is a system where if the officials think a player is seriously injured then the stretcher and club doctor are called on straight away. one of the worst recently i can remember was robert green clashing into marlon harewood when he lost consiousness in front of the barclay - horrid.

Some great responses.

You see this is what amazes me. A proper post about a serious issue on what happened during a match and it passes by with barely a wimper. Good response by poster with a view, but this will shortly disappear.

No word from those posters who manage to achieve 3,000 posts in five months (surely JAS the barclay whatever has a view or is he in bed?) but this is , I suspect because 3/4 of them don''t actually go to the games.

Had I mentioned a spurious fact about Delia selling to Boris Johnston or Lord Lucan and I would have introduced First Wizzard and a string of response.

By the way a personal friend of mine is trying to sell Roy Keane a house and no it isn''t in Gt Barton. But that is another story.

I thought he was putting it on, he seemed to collide, look around, then lay down!

I said at the time that he wasn''t hurt and was putting it on but got shouted down by

people around me just because the paramedics and Doctor came on!

Had to laugh when he got up and was fine! To$$er!

Last laugh for us tho! Shame really, cos he had a decent game before that!

Oh well, onwards and upwards!

OTBC!