Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Convince me lads

[quote user="CT "]I just cannot see us getting anything from Leeds.Not that I dont have confidence in us (far from it) I guess its just the image of ''mighty leeds united''.Change my mind [:)][/quote][quote user="The Beeb"]Tuesday, 29 September 2009

Leeds United   1 - 1   Carlisle

Scott Dobie headed a late equaliser to earn Carlisle a point and end Leeds''s 15-game winning run at Elland Road.

Leeds went in front after a controversial penalty for a tackle by Richard Keogh on Michael Doyle. [/quote]If we can hit the form we found in our last two home games, and combine it with our solid rearguard action today, I can see us going one better than Carlisle.

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]I just cannot see us getting anything from Leeds.

Not that I dont have confidence in us (far from it) I guess its just the image of ''mighty leeds united''.

Change my mind [:)]
[/quote] mighty leeds are in league one now with us and been here for a while so not very mighty now , if w get injured players fit and can pick the best team possible then we can beat anyone in this division , specially as we are now able to grind out results if not playing that well and the never say die attitude we now seem to have , we have a good chance of gettting at east a point off them i think

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]I''d be pleased with a draw[/quote]Anyone who wouldn''t be pleased with a point needs their head checking.

They have a few injury''s at the moment, and will have had a fortnight off when we play them. Sometimes this is best time to play someone. I''m going to predict 2-1 to City.

They are NOT mighty Leeds, they are a mere shadow of their former teams...and have failed to make it out of League 1 so far...they are there for the taking!

Just analyse Leed''s season so far, how many points have they got from teams in the bottom six of the division? They are either drawing or narrowly winning against the teams in the top half (they only beat the MK Dons by one goal despite the opposition being down to ten men for the second half). Let''s face it, they were supposed to be ready for this division, they should know their way around by now. On the other hand we had a rebuilt squad and the worst start possible, now that we seemed to have got over that I think we maybe, just possibly get the three points.

Were gonna beat Leeds, i have no doubt.Hoolahan, Holt and Martin is working fantastically and will be too much for Leeds, weve won 4 on the bounce for gods sake, why do you think we''ll get nothing at Elland Rd?

Well i am not going to predict as i know it could quite easily be a draw, loss or win.

I think this is incredibly unpredictable.

But wasnt the colchester game?

But boy oh boy, it has the readings of a cracking game!

I think this going to be a high scoring affair, cant wait.

As for Leeds, theres no reason why we cant match or better them, sure they are up there at the minute but we''ve only our poor start to blame for not being there with them!

Im in no doubt Paul Lambert will know how to handle Leeds, lets just hope our Cbs can deal with Beckford!

Such a tough one to call.  I think though we will get a draw and I will be happy with that.

Though having said I would be happy with a draw I think we could win.  Our team is perfectly capable of beating Leeds.  We have a good goal keeper, (I mean Rudd as I am not to convinced with Forster) our defence is starting to look solid, our midfield is controlling many games and we have strikers scoring goals.  If we get going we can definately beat them.  I just hope though that were are able to get going because if not they will pile on the pressure and I think their attackers will be to much for us if that does happen.  Also though having said that, I don''t think everyone should be that scared of Beckford.  All his goals come from braces, or hat-tricks agaisnt weak teams and he never seems to deliver in the big games.  Also this is a very important game because if Swindon win then we have to win to stay in the play off positions.  Having said all this I would still take a draw!

[quote user="Boyo''"

Such a tough one to call.  I think though we will get a draw and I will be happy with that.

Though having said I would be happy with a draw I think we could win.  Our team is perfectly capable of beating Leeds.  We have a good goal keeper, (I mean Rudd as I am not to convinced with Forster)

quote]

Why are you not convinced about Forster?  He''s only conceeded 5 in 7 games, 2 of which were penalties, 1 a superb free kick and the 2 against Charlton were down to poor defending at the very least.  The guy can''t really do much more can he.

To be fair if we lose then its not to much of a big deal, we will still be easily capable of play offs. If we win then it shows us just how good we are and that top 2 isn''t far away, if we play like we did against LO and BR then i don''t doubt us beating them, but thats if we play like that.

[quote user="Scooby"]

[quote user="Boyo''"

Though having said I would be happy with a draw I think we could win.  Our team is perfectly capable of beating Leeds.  We have a good goal keeper, (I mean Rudd as I am not to convinced with Forster)

quote]

Why are you not convinced about Forster?  He''s only conceeded 5 in 7 games, 2 of which were penalties, 1 a superb free kick and the 2 against Charlton were down to poor defending at the very least.  The guy can''t really do much more can he.

[/quote]

Fantastic save late on by Forster today.  Looked a definite goal from where we were but he leapt across and got a hand to it.  Kicking could still do with some work though.  Seems to get under the ball rather than driving through it which stops him getting distance on it.

R U JOKING CT?????????/ 2:0 CITY i had a £10 BET with 5 Leeds fans at work...THEY think a draw is a good result....CITY ALL THE WAY   OTBC..COME ON CITY COME ON CITY....ROLL ON THE SWINDON GAME

Work In a pub in Mildenhall,finishing early on the monday to watch the game at the bar sitting next to my boss who is a massive leeds fan.... I dont just want a win I NEED IT!!!

In all seriousness thou if Carlisle can scrape a draw at the "Fortress" Elland Road then theres no way we cant get at least a point.